ADVERTISEMENT

Let's start our search for head FB coach.

This is an interesting list of candidates. Not one mention of Eric Price. Can we not f*ck this thing up?
Unfortunately Im still hearing rumors that Eric Price is still in the mix, and might even be in the top 3. Eric's offenses were terrible when he was OC at Memphis and Tulane. His success at UTEP was largely based off Nord's players. I don't even know why this guy is even being considered. Yuricich makes about 600k and Morris 550k, so they are well within our price range, and both offenses are some of the best in the country.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Unfortunately Im still hearing rumors that Eric Price is still in the mix, and might even be in the top 3. Eric's offenses were terrible when he was OC at Memphis and Tulane. His success at UTEP was largely based off Nord's players. I don't even know why this guy is even being considered. Yuricich makes about 600k and Morris 550k, so they are well within our price range, and both offenses are some of the best in the country.

Cronyism

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Yurcich, Morris and Keeler should be our top three candidates and in that order. All three have ties to Texas, come from winning programs and don't appear to have any baggage. Let's not wait too long or someone else may take them.

Yurcich, Morris and Keeler should be our top three candidates and in that order. All three have ties to Texas, come from winning programs and don't appear to have any baggage. Let's not wait too long or someone else may take them.

If you're talking about Chad Morris, you're high if you think UTEP is getting him.

After listening to the press conference I would prefer Natkin to take over.

How can he be in the top 3 if we don't even have a new AD yet?

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
If we’re looking at Eric Price I hope Chuck Veliz knows he probably has a shot at the job.

For the love of god, not someone with "UTEP ties". How about we just go get us a really good coach, Kugler had ties to UTEP, how'd that workout. Coaches we should look at, the same list I posted a few days :

Sonny Dykes
Graham Harrell
Jake Spivitol
Sonny Cumbie
Doug Meachum
Joey McGuire

Some I didn't list previously, but we should look at:

Joe Moorehead
Sterlin not Sterling Gilbert
Mike Yurcich

Last edited:
For the love of god, not someone with "UTEP ties". How about we just go get us a really good coach, Kugler had ties to UTEP, how'd that workout. Coaches we should look at, the same list I posted a few days :

Sonny Dykes
Graham Harrell
Jake Spivitol
Sonny Cumbie
Doug Meachum
Joey McGuire

Some I didn't list previously, but we should look at:

Joe Moorehead
Sterling Gilbert
Mike Yurcich

Sterlin not Sterling.

Knowing how to win is in a coaches blood. Looking at the lower divisions is not a crime. Ohio State did it once.

Ok!
Im probably going to get a lot of blow back for this but how about we male a move and try to get Tony Dungy... He has always said good things about utep and I think he has a tie in with Mike Price.

Ok!
Im probably going to get a lot of blow back for this but how about we male a move and try to get Tony Dungy... He has always said good things about utep and I think he has a tie in with Mike Price.
?

Dungy is happy where he is at. El Paso would love him and I personally would literally shat my pants with delight if he came here. I am a Tampa fan and he is one of a kind. His Tampa players would lay down their life and their kids for him. He treats his assistants better than most men treat their wives.

Nothing wrong with pipe dreaming.

Gruden? Lol.

C'mon folks, Dungy ain't coming here. Saban?Harbaugh?

Let's look at legit candidates not wet dreams.

Nobody thought Aaron Jones was coming to UTEP until he pulled the trigger to say "yes".

Jesus does cross the Rio Grande time from time. It's every few decades but it does happen.

My pipe dream was a Leach right after some morons at ttu fired him.

Leach fought the TT athletic brass and their biggest boosters. Can you imagine the confabs at the Coronado or EP country club golf courses over Leach?

"Leach is nuking futs". His dirty laundry at TT is public record. Wash. State took a major gamble.

UTEP needs to win CUSA West. Not the PAC XII.

What???? Nobody thought Mike Price would coach at UTEP and bang we got him, nobody thought we could bring the dallas cowboys and bang we got them to come here to scrimmage, nobody thought we could win a ncaa national championship and bang we did... I'm telling you all that this will be our only and last chance to bring a high profile FB coach here to UTEP. We have boosters, the city of el paso and our fans are ready. Let's dream big and the sky is the limit on what we can do. We have Aaron Jones and Kahlil that is putting el paso in the map. I just hate loosing and all I want is to wake up sunday morning and seeing UTEP ranked in the top ten in FB.

Reactions: axingfools1
I’m guessing a good batch of goodies has made its way to El Paso.

There you go thinking negative minerproud!!!! I have heard you complain about our football team but what has that done to make our FB team better.
Complain lol! I’m one of the most optimistic, delusional, blind, orange sunglasses wearing fans on here. Come on man be realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT