ADVERTISEMENT

Middle Tennessee

allminer

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 12, 2005
Great job on Minnesota. I look for them to take out Butler, Sweet 16 team.

Of course they're not responsible for the last 25 years, but they continue to allow the program to deteriorate while Middle is winning CUSA championships and NCAA tournament games.

UTEP is at the point where there's discussion if the CBI and CIT might take them with a losing record.

Reactions: alvinosports
Of course they're not responsible for the last 25 years, but they continue to allow the program to deteriorate while Middle is winning CUSA championships and NCAA tournament games.

UTEP is at the point where there's discussion if the CBI and CIT might take them with a losing record.
Again, not what this thread was about, you've yet to give MTSU their props, going to show some character and do so?

Sorry, thought this was a UTEP message board and not a be excited for your conference mates message board. I only care if UTEP wins, I don't GIVE A F what Middle Tennessee does. Want to go rub their balls? Go to their board and do it.

Reactions: alvinosports
Sorry, thought this was a UTEP message board and not a be excited for your conference mates message board. I only care if UTEP wins, I don't GIVE A F what Middle Tennessee does. Want to go rub their balls? Go to their board and do it.
So you don't give a F about Middle Tennessee, yet take the opportunity to troll the thread? So basically you're saying each person who gave them props on this thread should go rub their balls on their board? Making friends fast. You took on the right handle, I'll give you that.

Last edited:
The fact that Middle Tennessee could have possibly been left out of the NCAA Tournament, if they didn't win the CUSA Tournament, is almost criminal.

In the first year that the NCAA Tournament expanded to 68 teams, there were 11 Mid-Majors that recieved an At-Large bid. That number has reduced all the way down to the point where only 4 Mid-Majors recieved an At Large bid this year.

The NCAA expanded the Tournament to 68 teams, yet has been giving those extra bids to P5 schools. Maybe the NCAA needs to start looking at doing something different, like taking both Regular Season Champions and Tournament Champions from every conference(there are 32 conferences). Or maybe make it slightly more difficult, like require that a Regular Season Champion also reach their Conference Tournament Semifinal or Championship Game to recieve an auto-bid along with the Conference Tournament Champion. But at least give all conferences a better chance to participate.

Reactions: allminer
then don't reply... don't click on the message " Middle Tennessee"

MTSU was criminally under-seeded, should have been a 7-10 seed tbh...

Kimani Young-Jones continues to build his strong resume at Minnesota for when Stull and Floyd finally retire though....

Then come February, don't lose to sub 250 teams like UTEP; it's as simple as that.

Does anyone not remember when UTEP was facing LSU in the first round in Tuscon in 88 or 89? UTEP was a real low seed and LSU much higher, but the talk was that UTEP should take care of LSU who was led by Chris Jackson (then became Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf). SI even had a write up on it. My point is this is nothing new.

CUSA needs to improve, it has to be internal and deep. Keep an eye on your coaches behavior, right USM? If you put the Norfolk State's and Northern Arizona's on your schedule, you supposed to beat them, not lose, right UTEP? You come so damn far during the past three seasons with a great turnaround, win your damn conference tourney games! Right Rice? You can bring all the best transfers from any power conference but would good is it if can't win at home, no player development and can't even bring in two thousand fans? Right FAU and FIU? UNT and UTSA, I think you all learned your lesson. Former top NBA draft picks don't necessarily make good coaches. UAB, WTF?! Your hope is not in football, it's in basketball. You all could so much be the next Marquette of the south. ODU, you all are drinking way to much of your "tea" during the day (when you order "tea" in Virginia, it comes mixed). Win something, you're not DII anymore.

1)Coaches need to refocus efforts. Don't build on transfers and JUCO's. Make sure all academic compliance records have the "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed. REFRAIN from giving them one dime that is not allowed under NCAA rules and tell the boosters the same. We are not Baylor!! NCAA lays the wood on mid-major's.
2)Schedule power schools, even the bottom ones, and beat them. Closeness only counts in horseshoes.
3)Work with you local (sports) media, especially the traditional print writers and TV personalities. Even if the AD or coaching staff wishes they would drop dead, you need them. Don't be like UTEP and be stand off'ish or non-responsive when things don't look good. The MWC conference is a strong conference and all the fishwrap writers are on board promoting their conference.
4)"Anytime, anywhere". "He who has the most gold makes the rules." Virginia Tech will not do a 1 for 1? Then let them pick it. At least Kentucky's Calipari had the decency to go public and say "I was told we will not play UTEP". When Alford was at UNM, he refused or put up road blocks to not schedule UTEP but wasn't called on the carpet. Call them on the carpet publicly so you don't like a whiney coach from Illinois State who pulled a Trump and nothing to show. You know that local sports columnist will follow up on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT