ADVERTISEMENT

Midseason UTEP basketball drama?

I apologize @FanatiCoog.

So it would be ok if somebody says ugly Mexican, ugly brown girl, ugly Japanese, etc. Of course it's not ok.

I have called being ugly, but I have NEVER used their race or ethnicity.
Oh please. So I assume you’re in agreement that Trump is racist then? He did call Mexicans rapist and criminals after all.

If someone calls me a pussy whimp I’m going to next game and looking for the fat guy in an astros hat.

And you’re ok with all the insults your buddy throws out to Unihorn?

Bwahahahahahaha!!! Still laughing about that one. That was great!

I might not have agreed with the statement he made, and I might’ve even said so, but I can assure you I didn’t call Bigwood a racist.

I probably liked a comment that you or someone else posted and you’re passing that off as “FanatiCoog said...”. Anyway!
This is a good thread. Too bad the unemployed douche-nozzles I'm ignoring have seemed to derail this great UTEP basketball discussion like always.

I think he’s a good recruiter. I respect that he isn’t making excuses. He ‘seems’ to relate well to the youth of today. All good qualities.

I hesitate to say this as I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but aside from stressing the importance of a solid defense, I haven’t seen ANYTHING that suggests Terry is a good Xs and Os coach. This goes back to last year as far as I’m concerned. His half court offenses border on terrible and at times are completely dysfunctional. They never IMPROVED last year, and honestly, even though the season is young, I have yet to see improvement in this area this year. That’s my concern.

Interesting. I view him through the lens of Rick Barnes, who must’ve had a major influence on CRT. I’ve said the same thing about Barnes over the years haha.[/QUOTE]
When Terry was hired, I mentioned I thought his bench coaching was somewhere between Barbee and Gillispie. Right now, I am leaning way more towards Tony. Like you mentioned, I haven't seen much in terms improvement in our offensive sets. I don't have super high hopes we will see much difference on the road this week. Hope I am wrong.

If someone calls me a pussy whimp I’m going to the next game and looking for the fat guy in an astros hat.

If someone calls you a name, you’re going to go and confront them? What are you going to do about it? Surely, you’re not throwing blows over a name.

What insults does AB tell Unihorn? Uni is the one calling people gay slurs. Not the other way around.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Oh please. So I assume you’re in agreement that Trump is racist then? He did call Mexicans rapist and criminals after all.

You didn't answer the question. If somebody called you an ugly Mexican boy you would be ok with that?

This is what he said and it's not wrong. Maybe if somebody you know was killed by an illegal alien you would think different.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

I remember that thread. If you think calling someone an ugly white girl is racist then i honestly don’t know how you survive outside this message board.

FYI it was MinerinWisconsin who said something not @FanatiCoog.

Thanks for clarifying. I’ll always own what I say. Sure as hell don’t wanna have to own what I didn’t say, though.

This is a good thread. Too bad the unemployed douche-nozzles I'm ignoring have seemed to derail this great UTEP basketball discussion like always.

Of course you will say we're unemployed because all you do is lie.

Funny how you call out people on here, but when they reply back you act like a scared little boy and put them on ignore.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
If someone calls me a pussy whimp I’m going to the next game and looking for the fat guy in an astros hat.

No, not worth it.

I fight with my words, not with physical violence.

You didn't answer the question. If somebody called you an ugly Mexican boy you would be ok with that?

This is what he said and it's not wrong. Maybe if somebody you know was killed by an illegal alien you would think different.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
If someone called me an ugly Mexican I would agree with them cuz I’m ugly and a Mexican.

I don’t think that a generalized statement is correct. My cousin was brought illegally as a young child. He got his resident card then became a citizen. He’s a college graduate and makes over six figures a year. I know a lot more people that have come to this country to be successful than to be a burden.

If someone called me an ugly Mexican I would agree with them cuz I’m ugly and a Mexican.

I don’t think that a generalized statement is correct. My cousin was brought illegally as a young child. He got his resident card then became a citizen. He’s a college graduate and makes over six figures a year. I know a lot more people that have come to this country to be successful than to be a burden.

You must have missed the part: "And some, I assume, are good people."

Go talk to Kate Steinle's parents and other parents who lost their kids due to violence by illegal aliens. Maybe then you will change your tune.

LEGAL immigration is good.

You must have missed the part: "And some, I assume, are good people."

Go talk to Kate Steinle's parents and other parents who lost their kids due to violence by illegal aliens. Maybe then you will change your tune.

LEGAL immigration is good.
Got it. So basically we can say whatever we want to say as long as we follow it up with “and some I assume are good people.”

Let me try it.

white girls are ugly but some I assume are good looking.

is that better mr pc?

Reactions: develman
My bad everyone. I got carried away. I’ll drop it.

Alex is a good dude.

If this is how we fight I can only imagine what’s going on inside the locker room.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
*comes back expecting good continued insight*
giphy.gif

Got it. So basically we can say whatever we want to say as long as we follow it up with “and some I assume are good people.”

Let me try it.

white girls are ugly but some I assume are good looking.

is that better mr pc?

No it's not the same because you're talking about opinions and I'm talking about facts.

There are some illegal aliens that are good people.

There are some illegal aliens that are rapists, drug dealers, and murders.

My 2nd cousins, friend's mother told me that Rodney Terry left $1 tip on a $40 bill. It must be true since it's posted online.

Not a great day for Sports Talk to be pre-empted. It would have been a wild one.

Sure. The last time I tuned in was a Monday following a Cowboys and Miners loss. Want to guess what Steve led the show off with? Sin Cara wanting to quit the WWE. Hadn’t even been granted a release. When you’re leading off a Monday show during with football season with pro wrestling “news”, then I don’t what to say.

No it's not the same because you're talking about opinions and I'm talking about facts.

There are some illegal aliens that are good people.

There are some illegal aliens that are rapists, drug dealers, and murders.

FACT: Donald John Trump is a racist.

FACT: Donald John Trump is a criminal.

FACT: Autograph Boy is a digger-doxing troll.

He’s done what two legit people i trust categorized to me around this time last year as shady recruiting things that raised eyebrows in the locker room and to other commits Like favoring “prized” recruits request that could benefit their inner circles among other things in that regard which is a common practice in college basketball, but a lot of people no longer associated with the program have some pretty Deep and pricey receipts on him, it doesn’t bother me as a fan nor should any of us because it affects the people inside the program and their progress and to be clear for the trolls who I have on IGNORE-ANCE it’s not illegal or against any other rules other than just being a decent human but let’s just say Terry really does want to win here.... it’s Terry’s way or get the fuk out the way basically. Which is fair, but can lead to problems like this when people get the short end of the stick.

I’ve always wondered if certain promises are made in the recruiting process like “you’ll be the starting PG/QB.” Then, when losing happens and changes need to be made, promises are broken and feelings are hurt.

If someone calls you a name, you’re going to go and confront them? What are you going to do about it? Surely, you’re not throwing blows over a name.

What insults does AB tell Unihorn? Uni is the one calling people gay slurs. Not the other way around.

When I call you gay, it’s not meant as a slur.

....Rodney Terry has been doing shady "basketball operations" things at UTEP since he took over, not like NCAA violations stuff, but just know that this transfer thing actually started when the coaching changes happened in the off season, and the current transfer dilemma is another direct product of Rodney Terry's way of doing things in my opinion. He's right about the NCAA transfer problems, I was in the room when Floyd came at my boy Kappy, but this current issue is a UTEP controlled issue started by Terry being shady again. If I can find more info or proof, I'll spill it on here, but he's full of it when he says the sky is not falling.

Three of your top guards were about to book it, and you scream and plead to the media that you're excited for conference play and that the sky isn't falling?!?!

Something doesn't smell right with Terry anymore.....his body language and tone was worrisome during this media exchange, usually he's calm and cool, this is a very uncomfortable thing to talk about and he's clearly acting like it....bout to see if the team is fully bought in on their head coach over the next three months......
OH GAWD! we are 9-4 for Gods Sake! Spare me the rumors! Proof please of all the "shady" stuff please!

OH GAWD! we are 9-4 for Gods Sake! Spare me the rumors! Proof please of all the "shady" stuff please!

That's the problem with "journalists" nowadays. Many journalists like to say things without having proof to make up their story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT