ADVERTISEMENT

Miner TMZ

Bare chested? Wasn't he in his tighty whities?
Ha! There is a photo in cyber world but I can't find it.

Sources tied to UTEP SID at the time told me the police had to make it like he was going for a ride to face the rap but as soon as they were out of eyesight they just told him to get lost, unconfirmed though.

Ha! There is a photo in cyber world but I can't find it.

Sources tied to UTEP SID at the time told me the police had to make it like he was going for a ride to face the rap but as soon as they were out of eyesight they just told him to get lost, unconfirmed though.

tenor.gif

Darren Hunt has told this story multiple times on the radio. Ibok ran out of the stadium and into the parking. He jumped into the back of a pick-up truck trying to hide, which is where the NMSU police found him. Hunt was there tracking the story and after finding Ibok, the NMSU police asked Hunt what he they thought they should do with him?, as if Hunt was associated with UTEP or had some level of authority. Hunt said something like "he's a good kid, you should let him go" and apparently the NMSU Police, taking Hunt's advice, let him go and just told him not to re-enter the stadium.

There was also some follow-up reported, that Bob Stull directly reached out to Ibok a couple of days later(even though Ibok was no longer associated with the program) and made sure that Ibok knew that this type of thing shouldn't happen again.

Darren Hunt has told this story multiple times on the radio. Ibok ran out of the stadium and into the parking. He jumped into the back of a pick-up truck trying to hide, which is where the NMSU police found him. Hunt was there tracking the story and after finding Ibok, the NMSU police asked Hunt what he they thought they should do with him?, as if Hunt was associated with UTEP or had some level of authority. Hunt said something like "he's a good kid, you should let him go" and apparently the NMSU Police, taking Hunt's advice, let him go and just told him not to re-enter the stadium.

There was also some follow-up reported, that Bob Stull directly reached out to Ibok a couple of days later(even though Ibok was no longer associated with the program) and made sure that Ibok knew that this type of thing shouldn't happen again.
Well there you go. Thanks D

I'm way late to the thread, but nobody has mentioned Floyd reportedly going after Andy Enfield in the Bahamas? Their feud over tampering allegations with Isaac Hamilton was straight out of a movie. Read this article to recap. It was fantastic tabloid fodder. Floyd and Enfield Altercation Article
Floyd was such a tool, although I have no doubt Enfield tampered with Hamilton, and convinced him to ditch UTEP. I never believed that story that Isaac wanted to be closer to his sick grandmother, seeing that his younger brother was clear across the other side of the country playing at UConn. What, his brother didn't have the same love and affection for his grandma as well?

Speaking of which, I looked up Hamilton to see where he's at nowadays. Apparently he never made it to the NBA hardwood, other than G-League. He's currently playing in Germany.

Reactions: kickballpro
I'm way late to the thread, but nobody has mentioned Floyd reportedly going after Andy Enfield in the Bahamas? Their feud over tampering allegations with Isaac Hamilton was straight out of a movie. Read this article to recap. It was fantastic tabloid fodder. Floyd and Enfield Altercation Article
Even if Floyd had evidence It's like he bypassed the "discovery" process and went straight to post court media rant.

But, Enfield did say "He has to wake up every morning and realize he's in El Paso, TX" For that alone, Floyd had the ammo to go all Central EP on him lol!
Hey, What the?!

As a lifelong EP citizen of North Central and now central EP I totally resemble that remark!

Cheers!

I don't blame Enfield at all. What he said was true. Floyd wanted to be in LA he hated waking up in El Paso. The guy thought he was going back to USC. Before he had the job he convinced Issac Hamilton to come with him. He told Issac he was way better than playing in El Paso. When he didn't get the job he tried to make Issac keep his commitment when he had sold him on LA and being to good to play at UTEP. At that point most decent human beings would have let the kid out of his loi. Not Tim Floyd he's a POS. Enfield didn't say anything that wasn't true. Floyd wanted to be in LA. Enfield decided to stick the knife in and remid Floyd he was never going back to LA.

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Thanks to whoever bumped this, very entertaining. I had no idea about Kugler.

Also, I always remember this story about Coach Rabedeaux.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT