ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on how things will play out in the next couple of months!

minerproud

Rookie
Apr 22, 2014
Nope! I don't think TF is going to be our coach by the time basketball season starts!
The reason the players are bolting is because Floyd told them he is not going to be there coach and that Phil Johnson is taking over as head coach.
That is the reason Bob Cantu was looking for another job and if you notice Bob Cantu expressions on the bench he did not look to happy.
There was a lot in fighting between coaches and players and that is why you are seeing what is happening today.
I will be really surprised to see TF, BC on the bench by the time basketball season starts.
I might be wrong but something is brewing in minerland!!!!!

If anything I think you see cantu as the coach....interesting idea... And would make sense but I see Floyd still around

I don't think he'll be here I either. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but there's just no way this staff and and administrating can continue this. It's getting pathetic.

At this point, I envy NMSU and their program. Yep.. Never thought it'd say that...

Another Tim Floyd is leaving rain or shine rumor? Great! So far, that's the only rumor that hasn't come true this year. What's he waiting for then? Is he waiting for so long that the administration has no choice other than to hire Johnson? F that.

And Coach Johnson? Oh hell nah.

Floyd isn't going anywhere. He is contracted through 2020, if I'm not mistaken. And Floyd doesn't make the decision as to who the next in line is. That would be a task that belongs to our dead beat AD. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if Stull went with Johnson. But there is no way that that is a given at this point in time.

Nice speculation, but I don't think that's what's happening or going to happen. Also if Floyd leaves they will clean house and start over with a new staff or at least that'd be the smart move!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT