ADVERTISEMENT

New AD Choice?

picks up

MI VIP
Aug 24, 2012
Without telling other people they are wrong, who would you pick to be your first choice for AD and why? Also you can include someone that you absolutely do not want to see take over and why. Second part is optional.

First Choice For AD: Personally, I really don't have a first choice in mind but I do think we need someone young, ambitious, and completely new

I don't wan't Chris Park. He was Stull's right-hand-man and he might be a great AD someday but I fear if he takes over it will be more of the same.

Brian Wickstrom is a doer and wants to be back in El Paso. He should be the next AD.

The biggest mistake would be for UTEP to hire somebody who views this job as a stepping stone. We need somebody with commitment to the community who understands the program's potential and is going to work like hell to realize it. Wickstrom is that guy.

Wickstrom is fed up at ULM. Timing couldn't be better. This might be why Bob decided to open up the seat.

“I’ve been very open and honest with Dr. Bruno about my desire to make a long term move at a bigger school,” Wickstrom said. “In the meantime, we still have goals to accomplish at ULM and I look forward to achieving them.”

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...-ulm-tops-itself-wickstrom-debacle/101850734/

Last edited:
Jeramiah Dickey would be my first choice. I've always been a fan of Mack Rhoades and I think Jeramiah has the ability and has learned a great deal working for Mack.

Reactions: JCorona
I vote Dickey. He has been learning from one in the best in Mack Rhoades.
But knowing UTEP, they will hire Park.

Last edited:
Hey Roy did your Bigwood sources tell you about this? Or were you caught by surprise like most of us?

Brian Wickstrom is a doer and wants to be back in El Paso. He should be the next AD.

The biggest mistake would be for UTEP to hire somebody who views this job as a stepping stone. We need somebody with commitment to the community who understands the program's potential and is going to work like hell to realize it. Wickstrom is that guy.

Well, Dr. Wickstrom was named Athletic Director at Incarnate Word just two weeks ago so I'm assuming he's not available.

Hey Roy did your Bigwood sources tell you about this? Or were you caught by surprise like most of us?
A little birdy did hit me with this in a text late last night around 10 pm or so, but was told to keep it under wraps until today.

The Bigwood brand is built on integrity, so outta respect for "Bigwood Sources" I woke up to the breaking news just like the rest of us did....

A little birdy did hit me with this in a text late last night around 10 pm or so, but was told to keep it under wraps until today.

The Bigwood brand is built on integrity, so outta respect for "Bigwood Sources" I woke up to the breaking news just like the rest of us did....
Same here I found out at about 5:30 PM but was also told to keep to myself.

Totally culo to throw money at an AD who wants to come to El Paso (if true) from a smaller upstart and at a Catholic school no less. Bad Karma, IMO. UIW wants to join the FBS level and BW is the leader to get them to that level. Now if this were Creighton, Georgetown, Marquette, etc. that's a different story.

Does anyone else find it kind of interesting that there was a tangible buyout offered to Natalicio for Kugler according to a credible second hand source close to big UTEP boosters? Bigwood, did you know of this? Stull was publicly stating the opposite as of late.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
How about Kirby Hocutt at Texas Tech? He's young, respected, and his seat is probably hot with KK's floundering.

Totally culo to throw money at an AD who wants to come to El Paso (if true) from a smaller upstart and at a Catholic school no less. Bad Karma, IMO. UIW wants to join the FBS level and BW is the leader to get them to that level. Now if this were Creighton, Georgetown, Marquette, etc. that's a different story.

Does anyone else find it kind of interesting that there was a tangible buyout offered to Natalicio for Kugler according to a credible second hand source close to big UTEP boosters? Bigwood, did you know of this? Stull was publicly stating the opposite as of late.
Had no idea about that to be honest.

Although for the past two seasons I have heard some boosters were pissed or split on our football situation, just wasn't sure the exact demographics on whether it was a big time or small time booster(s).

Had no idea about that to be honest.

Although for the past two seasons I have heard some boosters were pissed or split on our football situation, just wasn't sure the exact demographics on whether it was a big time or small time booster(s).

Making an offer to buyout Kug's contract is a bid deal when word from UTEP and local media were stating recently that it will never happen and Stull recently stated boosters were happy with the direction the program was going.

Someone or some people have some explaining to do if this meeting between boosters and Natalicio is true or variant of the truth.
alonzoharris.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT