ADVERTISEMENT

New MWC Possibility:

Would this be better for UTEP?

• Yes

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Steve and Adrian flipped worse than Kamala on this one- one day they say if this doesn’t happen, we should hold the athletic department accountable if they don’t join or not invited to either conference - and then next day maybe it’s better we stay where we are - ha! They just didn’t think or didn’t account for outside the region of MW looking for exposure outside of Pacific or Mountain Time zones - I still think if we don’t leave CUSA - it’s the universities lack of presence and leadership- we have the facilities to match and fan base when we do win. - what a shit show
So you admit you're a MAGAT and you expect everyone to believe anything you have to say?

What I hear is MWC is interested in Utep, but Wilson prefers PAC 12 if a move is made. I say just be careful she doesn’t lose both by holding out on MWC at the time.
This is baloney. UTEP is the Pac 12’s plan Z. UTEP will accept the second a MWC invite comes. They won’t hold out on them.

This is baloney. UTEP is the Pac 12’s plan Z. UTEP will accept the second a MWC invite comes. They won’t hold out on them.
It’s not baloney, because I didn’t say the PAC 12 was 100% interested in Utep. Please re read. Wilson and Utep have reached out to determine what would be involved in being considered. I can try and talk to and have interest in an Instagram model, does that mean she’s gonna pick me? I don’t even know if I’m staying in the same league as my girlfriend right now, that could change soon too!!! I’m just saying I know we are reaching out!

What is the story that led to the conflict with UTEP (Natalicio in charge) and the other college presidents of the old WAC? This goes beyond the struggles of the football team.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
What is the story that led to the conflict with UTEP (Natalicio in charge) and the other college presidents of the old WAC? This goes beyond the struggles of the football team.
I don’t know of any conflict at that level. I do remember that UTEP was upset that the WAC basketball tournament was never held here, while others did.

Yes, I know the tournament was held here, but that was when top seeds used to hold it. I am only talking about when the sites were pre-determined like they are today.

UTEP was pro swc schools; it really alienated us from the Old guard wac schools (utah, CSU, Wyoming) who didn't want to expand so far east and wanted a more limited expansion. But votes were horse traded and that's how we got the wac 16.

UTEP was pro swc schools; it really alienated us from the Old guard wac schools (utah, CSU, Wyoming) who didn't want to expand so far east and wanted a more limited expansion. But votes were horse traded and that's how we got the wac 16.
"In 1991, four years after the American South was created, Thompson engineered a merger with the Sun Belt, where he became commissioner. Thompson applied for the WAC commissioner position in 1994 but was runner-up to Karl Benson, in part because Thompson was against the conference expanding. Ultimately, the WAC did expand, adding six schools in 1996, which led to its fracturing just two seasons later."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT