ADVERTISEMENT

New MWC Possibility:

Would this be better for UTEP?

• Yes

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Steve and Adrian flipped worse than Kamala on this one- one day they say if this doesn’t happen, we should hold the athletic department accountable if they don’t join or not invited to either conference - and then next day maybe it’s better we stay where we are - ha! They just didn’t think or didn’t account for outside the region of MW looking for exposure outside of Pacific or Mountain Time zones - I still think if we don’t leave CUSA - it’s the universities lack of presence and leadership- we have the facilities to match and fan base when we do win. - what a shit show
So you admit you're a MAGAT and you expect everyone to believe anything you have to say?

What I hear is MWC is interested in Utep, but Wilson prefers PAC 12 if a move is made. I say just be careful she doesn’t lose both by holding out on MWC at the time.
This is baloney. UTEP is the Pac 12’s plan Z. UTEP will accept the second a MWC invite comes. They won’t hold out on them.

This is baloney. UTEP is the Pac 12’s plan Z. UTEP will accept the second a MWC invite comes. They won’t hold out on them.
It’s not baloney, because I didn’t say the PAC 12 was 100% interested in Utep. Please re read. Wilson and Utep have reached out to determine what would be involved in being considered. I can try and talk to and have interest in an Instagram model, does that mean she’s gonna pick me? I don’t even know if I’m staying in the same league as my girlfriend right now, that could change soon too!!! I’m just saying I know we are reaching out!

What is the story that led to the conflict with UTEP (Natalicio in charge) and the other college presidents of the old WAC? This goes beyond the struggles of the football team.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
What is the story that led to the conflict with UTEP (Natalicio in charge) and the other college presidents of the old WAC? This goes beyond the struggles of the football team.
I don’t know of any conflict at that level. I do remember that UTEP was upset that the WAC basketball tournament was never held here, while others did.

Yes, I know the tournament was held here, but that was when top seeds used to hold it. I am only talking about when the sites were pre-determined like they are today.

UTEP was pro swc schools; it really alienated us from the Old guard wac schools (utah, CSU, Wyoming) who didn't want to expand so far east and wanted a more limited expansion. But votes were horse traded and that's how we got the wac 16.

UTEP was pro swc schools; it really alienated us from the Old guard wac schools (utah, CSU, Wyoming) who didn't want to expand so far east and wanted a more limited expansion. But votes were horse traded and that's how we got the wac 16.
"In 1991, four years after the American South was created, Thompson engineered a merger with the Sun Belt, where he became commissioner. Thompson applied for the WAC commissioner position in 1994 but was runner-up to Karl Benson, in part because Thompson was against the conference expanding. Ultimately, the WAC did expand, adding six schools in 1996, which led to its fracturing just two seasons later."

If I was a betting man I’d say this is Uteps odds at this moment… Utep has it sights set on the PAC, but PAC is going to want a much larger Athletic Commitment and improvement in facilities. It doesn’t help that we don’t have very many men’s programs like baseball and soccer. Utep should absolutely do this though if the opportunity is even close to being there as in the long run it will be the wisest future money move. The MWC move is also a decent play. A bit of a smaller Athletic commitment and comparable to what we already spend, yet a significant increase in TV revenue expected to be about 3-4 million per school after a new deal gets done as opposed to 3/4 of a million that we get now. Utep could get on track with Football and Basketball and Profits for a couple of years and then see if PAC has interest at that point. CUSA is the safe chicken 🐔 Sh** move that no Miner fan really wants.

PAC 12 25%
MWC 40%
Stays in CUSA 35%

Reactions: picks up
If I was a betting man I’d say this is Uteps odds at this moment… Utep has it sights set on the PAC, but PAC is going to want a much larger Athletic Commitment and improvement in facilities. It doesn’t help that we don’t have very many men’s programs like baseball and soccer. Utep should absolutely do this though if the opportunity is even close to being there as in the long run it will be the wisest future money move. The MWC move is also a decent play. A bit of a smaller Athletic commitment and comparable to what we already spend, yet a significant increase in TV revenue expected to be about 3-4 million per school after a new deal gets done as opposed to 3/4 of a million that we get now. Utep could get on track with Football and Basketball and Profits for a couple of years and then see if PAC has interest at that point. CUSA is the safe chicken 🐔 Sh** move that no Miner fan really wants.

PAC 12 25%
MWC 40%
Stays in CUSA 35%
There’s no way UTEP has its “sights set on the Pac”. That is nonsense.

CUSA isn’t a move, let alone a chickenshit move. It’s something they have no control over.

Odds UTEP fan base continues to die off and/or lose interest if we remain in CUSA: 100%
I don’t get why Miner Fans can’t get excited about our new rivals Kennesaw St., Delaware and Missouri St. Some of y’all would rather see Wyoming, UNM, Nevada, Wyoming and Air Force in the Sun Bowl, I guess !!! lol 😆

There’s no way UTEP has its “sights set on the Pac”. That is nonsense.

CUSA isn’t a move, let alone a chickenshit move. It’s something they have no control over.
Kane I can tell you for 100% Certainty you are Wrong, cause again I have it confirmed on what I believe to be a reliable source Utep and President Wilson have reached out to the PAC. So you can say whatever you want, but you don’t have any sources, you’re speaking 100% from your gut. Again, I never said the PAC has interest in Utep, that info I absolutely don’t claim to know. I do know Utep does have interest in them however.

Odds UTEP fan base continues to lose interest if we continue not winning bowl games, conference championships, and get to the NCAA tournament: 100%
Speaking of this, have the basketball pre season predictions came out yet. I’m curious where they have Utep Basketball. I’m guessing between 3rd and 5th

Kane I can tell you for 100% Certainty you are Wrong, cause again I have it confirmed on what I believe to be a reliable source Utep and President Wilson have reached out to the PAC. So you can say whatever you want, but you don’t have any sources, you’re speaking 100% from your gut. Again, I never said the PAC has interest in Utep, that info I absolutely don’t claim to know. I do know Utep does has interest in them however.
That is not what you’re saying though. You just did not say “UTEP reached out”. You literally said, they had their “sights set on the Pac”.

Then you called a MWC move, a “decent play”. It’s the only they might have. And in this case, it’s more than decent. They don’t and won’t have a Pac 12 option. It’s like saying you have your “sight set on” Ana De Armas while you look for another girlfriend. That is fantasy. Just like UTEP to the Pac 12.

Reactions: nattybry
Speaking of this, have the basketball pre season predictions came out yet. I’m curious where they have Utep Basketball. I’m guessing between 3rd and 5th
No, they will come out around this date

That is not what you’re saying though. You just did not say “UTEP reached out”. You literally said, they had their “sights set on the Pac”.

Then you called a MWC move, a “decent play”. It’s the only they might have. And in this case, it’s more than decent. They don’t and won’t have a Pac 12 option. It’s like saying you have your “sight set on” Ana De Armas while you look for another girlfriend. That is fantasy. Just like UTEP to the Pac 12.
I kinda said that earlier lol I literally said I can have my sights set on an Instagram model, but it doesn’t mean she wants my A$$ lol I do see where you’re coming from and 25% I’d probably more wishful thinking. I could probably adjust that down to 10 or 15%

I don’t get why Miner Fans can’t get excited about our new rivals Kennesaw St., Delaware and Missouri St. Some of y’all would rather see Wyoming, UNM, Nevada, Wyoming and Air Force in the Sun Bowl, I guess !!! lol 😆
And if that doesn't do it for you, just wait until WKU, LT, and MT are replaced by Tarleton, Eastern Kentucky, and Jackson St. (or something like that).

I kinda said that earlier lol I literally said I can have my sights set on an Instagram model, but it doesn’t mean she wants my A$$ lol I do see where you’re coming from and 25% I’d probably more wishful thinking. I could probably adjust that down to 10 or 15%
I think “sight set on” means a realistic goal one has, not a dream/fantasy scenario.

If the Pac 12 didn’t want UNM, they sure as fvck do not want UTEP. UTEP to the Pac 12 is a nonstarter. Not happening now or ever.

Although the Pac 12 is wishful thinking, I do see the logic. This is probably the highest chance we have to going over there. They aren't desperate but they're getting close. If we go the MW, our chances of going to Pac 12 decrease significantly because we would be lower in the pecking order during the next realignment. UNLV is sticking with the MW in the short term to get that big paycheck and get out of debt. I have no doubt in my mind that UNLV will be gone in the future.

PAC 12 25%
MWC 40%
Stays in CUSA 35%

So your ‘insider knowledge’ that no one else in America has, tells you there is more or less an equal chance that they end up in one of these 3 conferences? That’s crazy, because if I were to guess I would say it’s about 38% MWC 37% CUSA and 35% PAC12

Hopefully what is being discussed is true but knowing what I know, I have a hard time believing that our admin will increase spending/budgets so we can compete in the PAC.

So your ‘insider knowledge’ that no one else in America has, tells you there is more or less an equal chance that they end up in one of these 3 conferences? That’s crazy, because if I were to guess I would say it’s about 38% MWC 37% CUSA and 35% PAC12
Your sarcasm is off base or you can’t read! When did I say my info gave me those odds? Please point that out, cause I don’t see it anywhere? I gave my opinion on that and made that clear. Then said I’m probably too high on the PAC, cause I want that scenario the most. Please read and comprehend before making a condescending remark. You know very well all I said was…. I know that Utep has reached out to the PAC, but don’t know if there’s interest from
The PAC in Utep. Ok now, try again Bud, I’ll wait… Also I’m not the only one in America who knows this, do your research, it’s not my job to hold your hand and teach you how to dig!

Last edited:
Well I think what they were saying is the MWC will be watered down version of its old self, but still better for Utep than where we’re currently at. Everyone can doubt me as much as you want that’s fine, but I already said I knew a cost effectiveness analysis was done and today I can confirm Wilson has reached out to both PAC 12 and MWC. What I hear is MWC is interested in Utep, but Wilson prefers PAC 12 if a move is made. I say just be careful she doesn’t lose both by holding out on MWC at the time. It may come down to the financial commitment. PAC 12 is going to expect its teams to spend a lot more than MWC will on athletics.
I would imagine that moving to the PAC 12 would be a shot in the arm to the athletic department, and I think an energetic guy like Walden, while yes his results are shaky at best for the first 4 games would be the type of guy who can get everyone hyped.

Hopefully what is being discussed is true but knowing what I know, I have a hard time believing that our admin will increase spending/budgets so we can compete in the PAC.
I don’t know if we will and I don’t know if the PAC even considers us a possibility. I want to make that crystal clear, because some people on here really don’t seem to understand that and are putting words in my mouth I never once said. Again… not for you Chuwy, but those who don’t have simple comprehension skills…. “Utep has reached out and has done a C.E.A. on a possible move to another conference” PAC and MWC are those conferences. That’s all I know, I do not know the level of interest of these two conferences in Utep!!! I can’t be any clearer than that!

Reactions: chuwy9
I would imagine that moving to the PAC 12 would be a shot in the arm to the athletic department, and I think an energetic guy like Walden, while yes his results are shaky at best for the first 4 games would be the type of guy who can get everyone hyped.
It’s a long shot l, but yes it’d be cool if Walden can get this team winning by next year and the basketball team makes the tourney this year!! All wishful thinking. I think we get into the MWC the PAC is gonna be tough right now at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT