ADVERTISEMENT

New MWC Possibility:

Would this be better for UTEP?

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I didn’t say I have sources lol I said I’m hearing lol I scour the web sometimes and know key words to put. So if I see it before it’s been posted yet whats wrong with sharing?
So you must be reading the same information I am.

Reading am hard.
season 6 episode 13 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

https://www.flightsfrom.com/ELP

The list of direct flights from El Paso is slowly growing. Will they ever add flights to Mexico so we can finally live up to the International Airport title?
Slowly growing then Covid happened (ELP-CLT would’ve been great for connecting to Munich, and now BCN)
Aero Mexico had one to Chihuahua a long time ago

I made my comment based on 10 years in the industry, knowing what it takes for a new route, nothing more

Reactions: JCorona
Supposedly Hawaii will decide soon. Others are waiting. The MWC doesn’t want to take poop schools if they don’t have to. They have to basically wait until the Pac 12 makes their moves.

Reactions: nattybry
Supposedly Hawaii will decide soon. Others are waiting. The MWC doesn’t want to take poop schools if they don’t have to. They have to basically wait until the Pac 12 makes their moves.
Hopefully it plays out where Hawaii goes all sports and N. Illinois Football only and St. Mary’s Basketball only. I believe the league could expect at least 4 million per school with that.

Reactions: KaneFan29
Hopefully it plays out where Hawaii goes all sports and N. Illinois Football only and St. Mary’s Basketball only. I believe the league could expect at least 4 million per school with that.
Someone explain to me why a MAC school would leave the MAC for football-only deal in the MWC? I don't think that makes any sense for them

Someone explain to me why a MAC school would leave the MAC for football-only deal in the MWC? I don't think that makes any sense for them
It only makes sense if you want to move up in status. The MAC mostly plays their games on ESPN+, on plays on weekdays in November. The MWC does not. That would be the only reason it’s attractive to them.

They’d probably get at least a percentage of the 4 million I’d say maybe 2 or 2.5 which would be more than they get for all spots in the MAC right now. Then the other sports could either stay MAC of the MAC allows them or joint another conference in other sports and still make money at least to break even for travel.

Reactions: picks up
They’d probably get at least a percentage of the 4 million I’d say maybe 2 or 2.5 which would be more than they get for all spots in the MAC right now. Then the other sports could either stay MAC of the MAC allows them or joint another conference in other sports and still make money at least to break even for travel.
There’s probably zero chance the MAC allows them (or Toledo) to stay without football. Remember, NIU left the MAC once already because they thought they were big time in the mid 80s. I don’t think they want to burn that bridge again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT