ADVERTISEMENT

@ NMSU OPT

UTEP 56
NMSU 59
FINAL

Still can’t win at the Pan Am. Nine straight losses now. At least the Aggies didn’t sweep us this time.
Defense was good, but I'm sick of seeing 2-10 nights from Boum. We need to start distributing some of those shots to other players.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Didn't get to watch the game, I'll try n see a record and what went wrong. However this game was need for a new team and we still had a chance. Let's see if we learn from this loss and improve.

Boum, needs to pass.... Should Rodney be opening up his bench more? Aggies are tough at home, they were also missing their PG. Their defense and crowd played a factor. UTEP hopefully will learn from this, but seriously Boum needs to find other guys their shot. He misses too much.

Their game plan was to give it to whoever vila was on underneath. If they had it on the perimeter and vila was under the basket they'd shoot and get the offensive rebound.... Efe didn't help his cause that much tonight, either.

Boum and Vila provided nothing offensively, Vila was a big detriment to the defensive effort as well.
Vila looked like the guy I saw in JC last year. His defense was absolutely horrible inside and out. I thought Terry might try Tarke on Bobbitt but I guess he has no confidence in him. I really expected more as far as true depth from this team. The defense overall was good, just not enough shot making outside Williams.

We lack shooters. That's going to be a problem this year, no doubt.

And that's the thing. This team is showing how good it can be if only we had some shooters. Or some guys with explosiveness who can help loosen up the defense. Oh, wait...

Edwards, Lathon, Boum and Vila missed 15
3-pointers

Vila and Efe had 2 points combined.

We gave up 11 offensive rebounds

Our bench didn't really play at all

And still we lost on the road by 3 with a chance to tie at the end

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what the hell Van Wagner is and how it owns UTEPs media rights? I've heard Tiecher say UTEP Sports from Van Wagner and just now I heard him say it has exclusive rights to the broadcast.

No starter played less than 34 minutes. THIRTY FOUR minutes. We are supposed to be deep. Where is the gawd damn depth. Efe was the only other guy in, or even near, double digit minutes. o_O
I'm one of the guilty ones that harped about the depth of quality players for weeks before the season started and I'll recognize right now how wrong I was. After Williams and occasionally Edwards we're pretty sickly.
Hopefully I have a change of opinion by February.

I don't know the game of basketball like you guys, but is there a way we can play bryson as a small forward? I don't know how good he is at shooting consistently from the outside, but he was effective tonight and then when he had the ball on the outside he just drove right past his guy to the basket on one play with no hesitation.

I don't know the game of basketball like you guys, but is there a way we can play bryson as a small forward? I don't know how good he is at shooting consistently from the outside, but he was effective tonight and then when he had the ball on the outside he just drove right past his guy to the basket on one play with no hesitation.
Yes in the NBA

I'm one of the guilty ones that harped about the depth of quality players for weeks before the season started and I'll recognize right now how wrong I was. After Williams and occasionally Edwards we're pretty sickly.
Hopefully I have a change of opinion by February.

I think we all are guilty. Most of us anyway.

I wish we would have seen more Hawkins in the 2nd half. How about Odigie, Williams, Hawkins, Edwards and Lathon? Williams can obviously shoot better and defend the rim better than Vila and Hawkins just brings more energy. We are still struggling at SF so throw Hawkins in there or even Stroud. No favorites.

Good thing we played those 3 D2 schools to get us ready for tonight!

you when your aggys win:

tenor.gif

Sounds like we had a bad night offensively except for Williams and still had a chance to win. We might be a little spoiled in this young season. We knew there'd be some early losses. So far no bad ones though. If some of you say at the beginning of the year, you expected us to win in Cruces you're probably lying.

Reactions: EastCoastMiner17
Who was the one who said, "with Hawkins playing better, Tarke showing some hops, Archie now being available, etc" ? Oh; sorry, that was me.

Who was the one who said, "with Hawkins playing better, Tarke showing some hops, Archie now being available, etc" ? Oh; sorry, that was me.
I don't know if I said it, but I thought it, too. I think we needed this. Good teams look at this as a wtf moment and come out more focused.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT