ADVERTISEMENT

@ NMSU OPT

For everyone that EXPECTED a Miners win last night , Nattbry said it best, we a bit spoiled after 5 wins. We played that bad offensively with 2 shots to tie the game in the final seconds in a game even Vegas did not expect us to win.

I thought the charge late against UTEP was huge as UTEP then I believe fouled on the alternate possession making the lead 5, and still we did not fold. This team is miles better then previous years and I see it on the defensive side alone. The shots will drop soon. Terry is not going to start benching players even going 2-15 in the first 5 games of the young season. Like most have said in the past. This team will need to win the Conf Tourney regardless of how we look even in December. No at large coming from our conference regardless if we are 26-4 at seasons end. Just keeping better.

The only puzzling thing to me is to have this depth on the team and not use it when people were obviously struggling... I mean would putting verhouven in over villa been that bad? Villa brought nothing and at least verhouven can be a shot deterrent at the rim and rebounder?

Can someone tell me what the hell Van Wagner is and how it owns UTEPs media rights? I've heard Tiecher say UTEP Sports from Van Wagner and just now I heard him say it has exclusive rights to the broadcast.

Most schools sell their multimedia rights to companies like Van Wagner. UTEP was making almost $2 million per year when the deal was with IMG but no one was happy with their work. Now Senter sold our multimedia rights to Van Wagner and I have not seen a dollar figure. Basically they have radio broadcasting rights and sell advertising for sports venues at UTEP. That's how they make their money back. Extremely common in today's college athletics.

https://collegead.com/sponsorship-multimedia-rights-dilemma-best-structure-organization/

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT