ADVERTISEMENT

@ NMSU OPT

66-62 MINERS!

A really good defensive effort will be needed to win this one, I believe.
This game should reveal more about what we've got. We took 'em at home despite Williams' bench time with fouls and now we have Archie to supplement things along with improved play from Hawkins and Tarke. It would really be a downer if we lost tonight, but I say...
Miners 77
AG's 68

Reactions: MineroFanatico
This game should reveal more about what we've got. We took 'em at home despite Williams' bench time with fouls and now we have Archie to supplement things along with improved play from Hawkins and Tarke. It would really be a downer if we lost tonight, but I say...
Miners 77
AG's 68
Also, AJ Harris and Clayton Henry are still injured but the Ags got some valuable road games where they won 2 (almost 3) games in the Cayman Islands.
But I think the locker room chalkboard will say "No Road Wins Last Season." Coach will have the team ready to compete.

Reactions: utep2step
Utep does what utep does.. cant get over the hump. I HOPE I AM DEAD WRONG!!

nmsu 63-59

Also, AJ Harris and Clayton Henry are still injured but the Ags got some valuable road games where they won 2 (almost 3) games in the Cayman Islands.
But I think the locker room chalkboard will say "No Road Wins Last Season." Coach will have the team ready to compete.
UTEP had seven to work with last year and no one showed mercy.

UTEP 59
NMSU 58

66-62 MINERS!

A really good defensive effort will be needed to win this one, I believe.
I think the Aggies game plan will be to double team Williams/Odigie, and force someone other than Edwards to make an outside shot. It's going to be a tough one with the Aggies playing better, and it also being our first road game. Looking forward to it. Go Miners!

A win here will give us a nice jump up the rankings. Since we’re predicted to lose it. A loss won’t affect us too much with Kenpom.

Reactions: miner1liner
Edwards goes off, Boum finally hits some 3's. Williams gets double teamed, but Odigie gets a double double
Miners 70
Naggies 63

Reactions: miner1liner
A win here will give us a nice jump up the rankings. Since we’re predicted to lose it. A loss won’t affect us too much with Kenpom.
Who gives a sh-- about Kenpom. He has the AG's rated higher than New Mexico and NM beat 'em on their floor. He has NMSU at 89. NM at 90 and us at 106. No logic.
No point in playing the games if Kenpom decides who's best.

Last edited:
I signed up. It's worth $7 to watch an Aggie beatdown. I know I could see it free on firstrow but I hate the ads and worry about viruses. It's OK as a last resort.
Ditto here. Have my computer connected to the TV. Only bad thing is having to listen to the Aggie announcers call the game instead of Teicher.

I like that we’re not relying on the 3 and are taking it to the hoop. Boum needs a few more of those drives to fall for him, though.

I get the feeling we’re much better this time around. I think we’re going to run them out of their own building.

Halftime
UTEP 23
NMSU 27

Need to take care of the ball better. Also need better shot selection. Defense at least is keeping this game close.

We need a guard to step up. Lathon has been gone the last game and a half. Dont be surprised if we see more Efe and Hawkins 2nd half.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
We've given up 7 offensive boards, have none of our own. We've committed 9 fouls to their 4. We've turned the ball over 9 times. Other than Bryson and Edward's we are shooting 3 of 13. The good news is that our defense is solid, and we are only down by 4 points. If we can play better in the second half we can take this thing. If we repeat our first half ineptitude we split the battle of I-10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT