ADVERTISEMENT

Officially 6-4

We have officially equaled our win total of 6 d1 wins from last season with still at least 19 games remaining but it’s not good enough.

I don’t see any problem with the Miners record. It’s progress and CUSA play hasn’t started yet. However, some people got a little overzealous and thought this team was really good. They’re pretty average and that’s okay.

Competing for a Top 4/5 spot in CUSA is realistic, though not guaranteed. NIT is completely out of the picture, barring a 1st place finish. Hopefully Senter/Terry will want to play in the CBI

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I have heard many of you say about football is all we want is improvement and to be competitive with our 2nd year coach. Well guess what. WE ARE. Enjoy the journey back to respectability.

That is a really good point.

There is a big difference between the football and basketball programs, especially in expectations. Floyd’s teams were competitive, except the year he quit and of course last years team. Before that, you have to go back to Billy’s first year, and he was hired right before school started.

So being competitive in RT’s 2nd year is no accomplishment, it’s to be expected. You don’t get 5 years here to get a winner in basketball. That may fly for some in football, especially with circumstances considered.

If RT hasn’t won CUSA or made the NCAAs after year 5, he will be fired, as he should.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I have heard many of you say about football is all we want is improvement and to be competitive with our 2nd year coach. Well guess what. WE ARE. Enjoy the journey back to respectability.

This is why when some of the homers were saying about a month ago this was the best team since 09-10 and how Williams is the best player at UTEP since Hardaway I said to wait until after December to make predictions. I had high hopes going into the Houston game and after that game I had a feeling UTEP wasn't going to do well in Hawaii. Unfortunately I was right and they were one point away from going winless on the road.

This team isn't terrible, but I just think they're ok. They will probably finish 4th or 5th place and lose in the semifinals and end up in the CBI. I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Look around cusa and tell me what four teams are better than UTEP and what makes them better. I can find flaws in all the top teams in the conference. It’s ridiculous to say we’re 4th or 5th when there isn’t four teams above us that stand out.

Look around cusa and tell me what four teams are better than UTEP and what makes them better. I can find flaws in all the top teams in the conference. It’s ridiculous to say we’re 4th or 5th when there isn’t four teams above us that stand out.

That’s fair to say. I couldn’t tell you, as I haven’t seen any of them play. FIU and FAU have 2 of the better records in the league and we play them first. If we can win those two road games, it would be a good sign. However, if we lose, you gotta think this team won’t be very good on the road. Therefore, 4th and 5thish place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT