ADVERTISEMENT

Omega Harris...

jamasterj

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2001
Heard from a credible source today that Omega has been suspended indefinitely. That is all.

I remember many on this board were questioning why Floyd was recruiting guards when it looked like UTEP was set at that position. What a difference a month makes, UTEP is now hurting at that position when it looked to be a strength this coming year. This program can't survive this much turnover every year. Our basketball program is almost on life support.

We really need Omega's talent on the court to be competitive next year. I hope he gets his shit together and Floyd gives him one more chance.

To see a player like Omega throwing his career away for lack of just a little discipline is hurtful and disappointing. Especially since he was on the cusp of breaking through to be a really great player. My guess is it boils down to academics again. Now he'll have to go to some division 2 school and hopefully mature a little bit more but he's bringing the program down. He has to go.

To see a player like Omega throwing his career away for lack of just a little discipline is hurtful and disappointing. Especially since he was on the cusp of breaking through to be a really great player. My guess is it boils down to academics again. Now he'll have to go to some division 2 school and hopefully mature a little bit more but he's bringing the program down. He has to go.

I'm assuming it isn't grades right now. He would have two summer sessions to make up anything he lacks for this semester. I don't know if you listened to the Miner Rush podcast, but they wouldn't specifically say what it was, other than conduct detrimental to the team. I think what they were alluding to when they mentioned this is his third offense and said we know what this probably means, is that he probably got popped for marijuana. Again, just an assumption on my part, but that's what it sounded like to me.

"Prenda la vela!" just isn't for Tony Romo! Basically both major revenue programs need it now that Lefty is possible gone for next year.

dwsw0KM.jpg

I've heard Omega likes weed and coeds. So did I at his age.

Smoking weed and messing around with coeds is great. I enjoyed both myself. However, one of them violates team and NCAA rules. So, CTF deals with the matter, or the NCAA deals with UTEP.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Yeah, I have no moral issue with Omega hanging out with MaryJane. However, the NCAA prohibits its use and there is just no getting around that. It could very well be that CTF had no choice but to suspend him. If my memory serves me correctly, Floyd was very vague about Omega's suspension earlier this last season, half heartedly positing grades as being the issue. Because of the timing, I didn't quite buy it then, and I still don't. It is my belief that in order to somewhat protect Omega, being that he is a student athlete, the blame was placed on academics but the true reason was testing positive for marijuana for at least the second time.

#ConspiracyTheory101

Last edited:
Reactions: miner661
Been watching Weedequette on Viceland Channel. Very educational & an incredibly profitable industry. END THE PROHIBITION!!!

Reactions: MineroFanatico
FanatiCoog, my very best wishes & thoughts to your dad, your family, you.

I don't get Miner fans. Mention the name Obama or any other democrat name and you get roasted. But mention the magic lettuce and you get open constructive debate?o_O

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT