ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ FIU Basketball Game Thread etc

I don’t know what to think about FIU, from what I can tell it looks like they don’t have any significant wins, but they also don’t have any bad losses besides Utah Tech. If the game was in EP it would be a sure UTEP, but this team struggles on the road

Nothing else to talk about unihorn.
7 minutes left and looks like an FIU win.
FIU is winning on lights out 3 point shooting and UTEP is good at 3 pt defense.
FIU does not have a good inside game.
Panthers press and trap every time up the floor.
Their PG, Hawkins, is really good.
NMSU didn't have a good game on the road, IMO.

I think Soloman might have a good game against them and Kalu is much better than he was at the start of the season.

CUSA as a whole is lousy this year. I guess for Golding it offers the opportunity to "pivot" to a small ball lineup no doubt inspired by big papa Floyd. Really nothing matters except the tournament, and maybe they can find some offense by changing things up. I thought Horton sparked the team with his offense in the first half against Chicago State, so hopefully he can keep it up. I would expect Terrell to get lots of PT as well.

CUSA as a whole is lousy this year. I guess for Golding it offers the opportunity to "pivot" to a small ball lineup no doubt inspired by big papa Floyd. Really nothing matters except the tournament, and maybe they can find some offense by changing things up. I thought Horton sparked the team with his offense in the first half against Chicago State, so hopefully he can keep it up. I would expect Terrell to get lots of PT as well.
I forgot Horton when I said he should be playing all the guys who may be here next year. If he's part of the plan then play the kid.

UTEP 69
FIU 66

All defensive game, poor shooting, P.I.P. are iffy. CUSA Pillow fight can’t score worth sh!! game, basically. I just don’t know what to expect from this team each game and this week was weird all over college basketball. CUSA is totally wide open this year but my money is on WKU.

UTEP is trash though too. Losing record vs D1. Struggled to beat Chicago St. Lost to NMSU and TAMUCC.
Nmsu is rated 280. Chicago St 292. FIU 279. If this game was at home. I would take UTEP by 2-3 points. It’s on the road and UTEP would rather drop 120 at home on a d3 team than test them selves on the road. Until they prove otherwise UTEP doesn’t know how to win on the road.

Nmsu is rated 280. Chicago St 292. FIU 279. If this game was at home. I would take UTEP by 2-3 points. It’s on the road and UTEP would rather drop 120 at home on a d3 team than test them selves on the road. Until they prove otherwise UTEP doesn’t know how to win on the road.
Weird. FIU only played 1 non-D1 team. They played road games at UCF, Miami, FAU, and HCU. Along with a WAC game at Utah Tech and a 3 game tournament at a neutral site. Are you saying that is “better” than playing NAIA teams and the Sun Bowl tournament?

Weird. FIU only played 1 non-D1 team. They played road games at UCF, Miami, FAU, and HCU. Along with a WAC game at Utah Tech and a 3 game tournament at a neutral site. Are you saying that is “better” than playing NAIA teams and the Sun Bowl tournament?
I think it’s cuz Ballard is in his 6th year at fiu. He has had plenty of time to establish his program. At this stage there’s no point in playing so many non d1 teams. Give Golding 3 more years to finish getting all of his guys in and then let’s judge his schedule.

I think it’s cuz Ballard is in his 6th year at fiu. He has had plenty of time to establish his program. At this stage there’s no point in playing so many non d1 teams. Give Golding 3 more years to finish getting all of his guys in and then let’s judge his schedule.
Ballard probably making $1,000,000 over there then. Yeah once Bronzeing gets rid of bums from Terry’s regime like Hebb, Hamilton, and Dos Anjos, look out! Miners will be in business!

Have no faith on the road and barley any at home. UTEP prove me wrong
FIU 76
Utep 68

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT