ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ FIU Basketball Game Thread etc

Powell has a 30 point game a couple weeks ago and has been absolutely silent since. About as silent as he was leading up to that 30 point game. Can’t stand that he gets so much court time. Solomon…where did he go? He’s regressed since last year.

Agree. Play the young guys. I’m ok with OFIII getting time.

I stopped paying attention to the game around the 10 minute mark. Anything weird happen?

Wow, I have soured so much on UTEP basketball that I didn't even remember they played today. So looking at the box score it seems we shot very well though. reading the thread, it seems like we just choked. (?) We shot better than FIU, rebounded about the same, and turned the ball over about the same. What gives?

Wow, I have soured so much on UTEP basketball that I didn't even remember they played today. So looking at the box score it seems we shot very well though. reading the thread, it seems like we just choked. (?) We shot better than FIU, rebounded about the same, and turned the ball over about the same. What gives?
Would love to see the player +/- for this game. Horton is gonna be +20 and everyone else -

Reactions: develman
Ultimately poor coaching down the stretch lost this game. Poor substitutions and management.

We were up by 16 or so and dominating, led largely by our young guys. Then turnovers, poor rebounding, bad decision making, and horrible shooting, led by our veterans, allowed FIU to rally for the win. It was painful to watch, count your blessings that you missed the game.

There's a reason he was coming off the bench at Southern Miss.
That’s the thing though. I’m not knocking on his whole body of work. He’s the ONE veteran that deserves to be on the court. He’s shooting damn near 40% from 3 and scoring almost 15 points a game with minimal turnovers. He D’s up. He’s quality. He just sucked down the stretch tonight.

Last edited:
When they were up 16 the players looked around and said damn this is not right… this is not how Utep basketball goes , so they fixed what was going to be anomaly and set things straight with another crushing loss

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT