ADVERTISEMENT

OPT and Game Thread: Men's Hoops @ UT

You're comparing apples to oranges. UTEP is a commuter school. Texas isn't.
We used to have a crazy, boisterous student section. Us old timers remember the original Miner Maniacs. Our student section these days is lacking. And yes, the fact that they haven't had much to cheer for during their time at UTEP is largely to blame

Excuses, excuses. Just cause we are a commuter school doesn’t mean you can’t go to the games. What’s Utep enrollment? I think 1000 students can get to the games.?

Excuses, excuses. Just cause we are a commuter school doesn’t mean you can’t go to the games. What’s Utep enrollment? I think 1000 students can get to the games.?

Did you go to UTEP? Most of the students in my classes were non-traditional students. They have families and/or jobs. They don't have the luxury of just attending classes and living on campus.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
We used to have a crazy, boisterous student section. Us old timers remember the original Miner Maniacs. Our student section these days is lacking. And yes, the fact that they haven't had much to cheer for during their time at UTEP is largely to blame

Yeah, it helps when you're going to the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis and winning games in the Tournament. It's going on 13 years for UTEP.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Did you go to UTEP? Most of the students in my classes were non-traditional students. They have families and/or jobs. They don't have the luxury of just attending classes and living on campus.
Yes and worked and couldn’t go to every game but went to a bunch.
why is it so hard to drive back to the campus.?
If we want a Winning team it takes support!

Of course it does. There is a huge difference between living on campus and walking to the game vs. going home/going to work and driving back to the games.
We've always been a commuter school, but used to have a great student crowd. Our lack of recent success is more to blame than being a commuter school.

Yes and worked and couldn’t go to every game but went to a bunch.
why is it so hard to drive back to the campus.?
If we want a Winning team it takes support!

I didn't say it's hard. But most people don't like sports and don't want to waste their time/money going to events they don't have any interest in.

A winning team has zero percent to do with the students attending the games.

We've always been a commuter school, but used to have a great student crowd. Our lack of recent success is more to blame than being a commuter school.

It's both. There would be more students going to the games if UTEP wasn't a commuter school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT