ADVERTISEMENT

OPT and Game Thread: Men's Hoops @ UT

I like your pick FF, but there's too many unknowns for me. All I can do is wish we play competitive and keep it close. I'll hope it's 67-64 Texas

Reactions: axingfools1
UT is just too loaded and love or hate the Longhorns, Beard is one of the best in the business. Unless this UTEP squad has gelled really fast and in good order it will be a rough fist game. The game probably will be sloppy since it's game one for both and the NCAA has made it adamant, as they do every year, to enforce the (new) rules at the beginning of the (OOC) season. UTEP has to shoot no lower than forty percent and pretty much "one and done" on the rebounds.

Reactions: Lil_Train
New arena, lots of excitement for Texas, new Miner team struggles in 1st half down 38-23
Makes some adjustments and battles nerves in second half to make it respectable
LH's 75
Miners 66

Reactions: Prospero915
I hope the team was chill most of this week? You get amped up for the big game just to come out and lay a fat turd at tip off because your emotionally drained from the week leading up to game day.

Reactions: miner1liner
I’m showing my age but I was at the Sun Bowl tournament championship in the 91-92 season when the miners played Texas. The crowd was rocking and we were blowing them out only to have Texas almost come all the way back to beat the miners. Some good free throw shooting saved the victory. I will never forget that game.
There were two games I felt exhausted after it was all over. That game and the UTEP Women's game vs Rutgers.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Huge student line to get in. No one else is here but the students so far. I'm amazed at how long the line is and how early it started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT