ADVERTISEMENT

OT : ALL THINGS SOCCER (-) WC and EURO CUP 😜

https://talksport.com/football/983856/world-cup-2022-fans-qatar-alcohol-stadiums-cost/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ol-sales-in-stadiums-at-2022-soccer-world-cup

It sounds like the issue regarding alcohol is something that is still being finalized as the WC approaches. Qatari social norms will have to turn the other way if they want to have a party atmosphere.
Looks like in the stadiums it’ll be via hospitality package only (talk sport is updated)
“However, hospitality is. Alcohol is not as readily available here as in other parts of the world but for the World Cup we want to ensure it is accessible for fans who want to have a drink, so we are trying to find designated locations for fans to have alcohol, other than traditional places such as hotels and so forth.”

well, anyone want to take bets on the first international incident where drinking is outside the allowed venue and causes a disruption lol

Watch, by the end of the world cup, day drinking will become the norm in Qatar. They'll be arguing about what is better, scotch, rum, whiskey or tequila.... Before you know it, they'll be arguing politics and gas prices on Qatar digs/illustrated message board.

Looks like in the stadiums it’ll be via hospitality package only (talk sport is updated)
“However, hospitality is. Alcohol is not as readily available here as in other parts of the world but for the World Cup we want to ensure it is accessible for fans who want to have a drink, so we are trying to find designated locations for fans to have alcohol, other than traditional places such as hotels and so forth.”

well, anyone want to take bets on the first international incident where drinking is outside the allowed venue and causes a disruption lol
Not just that, but imagine someone trying to go out there and hook up?

Not just that, but imagine someone trying to go out there and hook up?
I was even thinking: you know how strippers and hookers descend upon the Super Bowl, because that weekend is their Super Bowl. I’m sure the same happens for the World Cup. Will that happen in Qatar? And if it does what happens if they get caught?

I was even thinking: you know how strippers and hookers descend upon the Super Bowl, because that weekend is their Super Bowl. I’m sure the same happens for the World Cup. Will that happen in Qatar? And if it does what happens if they get caught?
Word cup is notorious for hookers, but if anything gets a stiff (no pun intended) penalty it would be this IMO. Prostitution is illegal all over the world and it hasn't stopped them, but I'm pretty sure girls and fellas will think about it twice before doing it there, so I think it will have a drastic downward curve this world cup. I think the penalty for the females is going to be drastic and for the johns not as harsh. I don't know how this will go over internationally, I guess it depends on the severity of the penalty.

Edit:

I googled prostitution in Qatar, and I guess it is not as uncommon as I thought, but the penalty could be several years in jail. Prostitution already occurs in their night clubs, bars and hotels the prostitutes come from mostly Asian countries. The night clubs even have "dancing girls" on stage, whatever that means. I guess prostitution will happen but not as rampant as previous world cups

Last edited:
True, but Dias will be back by then(I hope) and we’ll have Foden up front. A 2 goal adv would’ve been wonderful but Iike with Tottenham and Palace it’s a park the bus situation.
The best thing that happened is that you held them to nil... 1-0 WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better than a 2-1

Reactions: minerfan_14

Gio Reyna is paper thin. And this is why anyone prognosticating about the United States’ chances at the World Cup is crazy. Anything can happen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT