ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bill Cosby Set Free

Cosby being released is really a travesty. Really based on procedural rules only.

I just took one law course in college, but I’m super confused.

First, why would it be wrong for the prosecution and presiding judge to have other presumed victims testify. I think it’s pertinent information.

I guess the defense would say it creates a bias for the jury. I’m sure there is a legal standard for those type of questions.

The second question, is why should a deal made with a previous prosecutor. A prosecutor deemed to be incompetent at least still stand years later, in the face of a ton of new information?

Either way, they will try Cosby again following the Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s directives.

First, why would it be wrong for the prosecution and presiding judge to have other presumed victims testify. I think it’s pertinent information.
PRESUMED victims? Presumed by whom?

The defendant is PRESUMED to be innocent until proven guilty. Why are we to PRESUME that Cosby was guilty with these other witnesses?

Reactions: Taco1977
The second question, is why should a deal made with a previous prosecutor. A prosecutor deemed to be incompetent at least still stand years later, in the face of a ton of new information?
Why would anybody ever agree to an immunity deal if that's how it works?

You can't trick people into giving up their 5th Amendment rights.

Reactions: Taco1977
I still think the conviction should have stood.

I’m very sure people with similar stories are allowed to testify in general.

I’m sure there is a legal precedent to that.

As far as the fifth amendment. I don’t think that’s in question. What’s in question is that the previous prosecutor promised blanket immunity and Cosby’s team says that stands no matter what.

So for example, Whitey Bulger made deals with law enforcement, but then he did more stuff the law didn’t even know about. I would think, I would assume, one deal doesn’t give you blanket immunity.

Well reading more about it, it’s definitely something that splits the legal community. Super-interesting, the agreement made with the previous DA wasn’t even formal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT