ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College football is back

I think somebody found the playbook or sent it.

(This has happened. Back in the David Lee era a staff member sent actual videotaped practice video for their upcoming opponent; Hawaii, that was on the same tape showing game video, which programs share)

So the WAC is adding Football again?

Alot of people tweeting that UTEP belongs back in the WAC. I think that's a bad take

I don't necessarily agree nor disagree with UTEP going to the WAC. What I believe is that we should be in a conference where we can (re)build natural rivalries that we can get excited about. Who doesn't miss the excitement of playing against UNM, BYU, etc.

I know that time has taken a huge toll on our main programs, football and men's basketball. We've been getting worse and worse while stuck in a horrible conference while others like Boise State have built great programs and experienced tremendous success. And let's not forget that Boise State was Div I-AA until 1997, a mere 23 years ago.

I blame much of our demise on the move to C-USA. I've stated before how much I ****ing hate being in C-USA. The announcement that we were moving to C-USA was a death knell. I heard the ringing of the bells then and still hear the ringing in my ears to this day. WORST. DECISION. EVER.

Alas, I don't believe we have the leadership in place at UTEP to get us into a better situation.

Can't Imagine a WAC with Tarleton State and Dixie State is better for UTEP than CUSA.
Also, it looks like they want to be FCS in Football.

That’s just ridiculous to see a team with a sub 500 record make it to a bowl game. Bowl games used to be a reward for teams who had winning seasons.

Reactions: Rocketsr
That’s just ridiculous to see a team with a sub 500 record make it to a bowl game. Bowl games used to be a reward for teams who had winning seasons.

Whats the reward? All bowl activities will be canceled. They will fly in the day prior and play. Its really just an extra game. Should have scrapped all these stupid bowls and expanded playoffs for this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT