ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College football is back

Harbaugh needs to coach the Cowboys and apply some discipline and accountability to that team (same way he re-built the 49ers). It will never happen because Jerry wants a puppet.

The cowboys will not be good until Jerry steps away. Him and Dan Snyder have no business in player personnel decisions. I get it that it's their money and they can do whatever they want, but it's really unfair for the fans. At least Dan is starting to get it.

The cowboys will not be good until Jerry steps away. Him and Dan Snyder have no business in player personnel decisions. I get it that it's their money and they can do whatever they want, but it's really unfair for the fans. At least Dan is starting to get it.
Haskins was a Snyder guy. We see how well that worked out. He is also getting a ton of social pressure which is going to force him to step back. This is a great blessing for that team.

Also Snyder is not GM, or President of the team. He has others helping with those decisions. Jerry is President and GM. Ridiculous. Cowboys are going to become the new Cleveland Browns soon. No divisional playoff wins since 1996, with Jerry at the helm.

Reactions: Taco1977
Great hire for UNT. Bennett is an excellent recruiter and coordinator. Thats a home run coordinator hire.

Great hire for UNT. Bennett is an excellent recruiter and coordinator. Thats a home run coordinator hire.
Just curious why you believe this is a good hire for UNT. Looking at his history, just at his 6 years as the DC at Baylor and 1 year at Arizona St, his defenses ranged from mediocre to awful. Any winning was largely due to very good offense and not the defense. His history as a head coach was god awful. I just don't see any reason to believe he is a good DC.

Reactions: Taco1977
Just curious why you believe this is a good hire for UNT. Looking at his history, just at his 6 years as the DC at Baylor and 1 year at Arizona St, his defenses ranged from mediocre to awful. Any winning was largely due to very good offense and not the defense. His history as a head coach was god awful. I just don't see any reason to believe he is a good DC.

He's been a a dc since the nineties. He was the DC for the wrecking crew at A&M. Was responsible for some of the best defenses in the country at Kansas State. He was head coach at SMU before they had decided to make the investments necessary to win. His stats are skewed because of the up tiempo offense Briles ran at Baylor. No defense is going to look elite when you're on the field as long as you are because of Briles offense. They made plays when they needed to. Baylor doesn't win back to back big 12 titles without Bennett. He's also a top notch recruiter. He's as respected as any assistant coach with Texas high school coaches. He will be able to pull a few kids away from power 5 schools to Denton. It's a great hire for UNT. The trajectory of the program has done a 180 because of his hire.

You guys talk more about UNT football than you do about your own pathetic football team. I can't wait to beat UTEP yet again next season.

You guys talk more about UNT football than you do about your own pathetic football team. I can't wait to beat UTEP yet again next season.

The Ministry of Truth, which concerned itself with news, entertainment, education and the fine arts. The Ministry of Peace, which concerned itself with war. The Ministry of Love, which maintained law and order. And the Ministry of Plenty, which was responsible for economic affairs. Their names, in Newspeak: Minitrue, Minipax, Miniluv and Miniplenty.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Reactions: Minerinciter
Exactly why UTEP shouldn't take anymore transfers. There are a bunch of really good high school kids waiting for their phone to ring. We have the opportunity to really set ourselves up for the future. I hope Coach reconsiders the transfers that he expects to be coming in the spring.
""If it is a borderline recruit for us, we'd rather take a transfer who we know can cut it physically at the college level," said one staffer.""

That does apply to a school that is starting from the bottom. That staffer most likely was from a school in the Power 5.

That's the attitude of all d-1 coaches.

We have a coach who's on the hot seat. Hes going to take guys who can play immediately. He no longer has the luxury of taking time to develop players he's had for three years. He has to win now. I've probably been the Dimel's biggest critic on this board. However, in this instance I completely agree with his rationale he has to get guys who can contribute now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT