ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College football is back

Louisiana might get hit by another hurricane this upcoming week. Two of our next three games are scheduled to be against Louisiana schools.

Louisiana might get hit by another hurricane this upcoming week. Two of our next three games are scheduled to be against Louisiana schools.
I would start planning some more $$$ games unfortunately, get it while you can..if those games are canceled and cannot be rescheduled (like Baylor vs LA Tech).

Reactions: JCorona
That would be great. I think most ADs and such are playing nice this year. CUSA should try to strong arm them if the opportunity arises again.

Unless it's a power 5 conference BYU is not joining a conference. They just signed a new seven year TV deal with ESPN. The deal gives them access to ESPN run bowls. They play in a multi bid league for hoops. Unless the big 12 comes knocking they'll stay indy.

I wonder how much BYU is paying for all their home games vs SB/CUSA schools. It must be expensive when you could play those teams for free.

Yeah it’s a pipe dream to have them join us.

BYU might join the aac if they created a west wing.

Unless it's a power 5 conference BYU is not joining a conference. They just signed a new seven year TV deal with ESPN. The deal gives them access to ESPN run bowls. They play in a multi bid league for hoops. Unless the big 12 comes knocking they'll stay indy.

I didn’t say it was going to happen or likely, just that it would be great.

Imagine you time traveled and came to this board in 2000. You say “In 20 years, UTEP will be conference mates with UNT, UTSA, Western Kentucky, and FIU. in addition, TCU will be in the Big 12 and Rutgers will be in the Big 10.” How do you think your post would have been received?

Travel to right after the 2005 GMAC bowl and say the same thing. Would have been laughed at even worse than before!

BYU is fine with the WCC and playing in ESPN bowls right now, doesn’t mean they always will.

If I were to say “UTEP will be conference mates with Dixie St, Tarleton St, and Cal Baptist in 2040”. You might chuckle, but you know that it’s completely possible at this point.

I wonder how much BYU is paying for all their home games vs SB/CUSA schools. It must be expensive when you could play those teams for free.

Yeah it’s a pipe dream to have them join us.

BYU might join the aac if they created a west wing.

The contracts will come out in due time. I would assume less than normal, but hard to say.

I didn’t say it was going to happen or likely, just that it would be great.

Imagine you time traveled and came to this board in 2000. You say “In 20 years, UTEP will be conference mates with UNT, UTSA, Western Kentucky, and FIU. in addition, TCU will be in the Big 12 and Rutgers will be in the Big 10.” How do you think your post would have been received?

Travel to right after the 2005 GMAC bowl and say the same thing. Would have been laughed at even worse than before!

BYU is fine with the WCC and playing in ESPN bowls right now, doesn’t mean they always will.

If I were to say “UTEP will be conference mates with Dixie St, Tarleton St, and Cal Baptist in 2040”. You might chuckle, but you know that it’s completely possible at this point.

Only reason it wont happen is because we aren't dropping football or going down to FCS.

At this point, nothing is for sure. And I would guess, you wouldn’t put a sizeable wager that UTEP will be in FBS in 2040. I wouldn’t either way.

I would feel real comfortable wagering UTEP is still in the equivalent group of five. FCS football isn't workable from a financial standpoint. That's not going to change. Plus dropping a level would cost the university money and supporters they would never get back.

If there’s spring football it will be PAC12, MW, & MAC. A base of 36 FBS teams. I think it’s going to get scrapped.

If there’s spring football it will be PAC12, MW, & MAC. A base of 36 FBS teams. I think it’s going to get scrapped.

Yeah. Pac 12 in scramble mode right now. Hindsight is 20/20, but all schools should have just sought more regional non-conference games and if games got cancelled, oh well. Some teams might have played 7, a few might have played 12, with a lot in between.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT