ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

I'm reading the ktsm site and they are saying that some people who have tested positive are not isolating and are refusing to be cooperative with contact tracing

Reactions: minermx07
KTSM.COM:

"Health officials reported that the community spread is due in part to the following factors:

· Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 are not following proper health protocol and are not isolating;

· Residents are continuing to host or attend house parties, social gatherings or family gatherings;

· Residents are not wearing face masks while out in public or around people that do not live in the same household;

· Individuals who have tested positive are not being cooperative with Contact Tracers by failing to answer their calls, provide accurate information, or do not adhere to their recommendations."

I'm reading the ktsm site and they are saying that some people who have tested positive are not isolating and are refusing to be cooperative with contact tracing

I’m reminded of what Chris Rock said,”We’re a nation of B and C students.” Unfortunately I tend to believe we’re leaning more to a country of C and D students.

I’m reminded of what Chris Rock said,”We’re a nation of B and C students.” Unfortunately I tend to believe we’re leaning more to a country of C and D students.
Just goes to show that issues like politics and race are often scapegoats for people just being selfish, idiotic and hurtful towards others. We each control our own actions.

Unfortunately some people just don't care until someone they know is dying or they themselves are dying.

I'm just completely shocked that people who know they're positive are still going about their way as if nothing. You'd think that would be against the law

It’s not just the people who know they’re positive, it’s the people who think that they could be positive. The fact that people could be asymptomatic and spread the disease is the hard part. I bet there are a lot of people who are sick and they just tell themselves “It’s just allergies.” Or some something like that.

Just goes to show that issues like politics and race are often scapegoats for people just being selfish, idiotic and hurtful towards others. We each control our own actions.

Unfortunately some people just don't care until someone they know is dying or they themselves are dying.
Tell that to New Zealand. Competent leadership would have prevented many cases.

It’s not just the people who know they’re positive, it’s the people who think that they could be positive. The fact that people could be asymptomatic and spread the disease is the hard part. I bet there are a lot of people who are sick and they just tell themselves “It’s just allergies.” Or some something like that.
Summertime: "I feel fine", "If I get it, I get it"

School start, football games put on hold: "Just mind your own business! If I want to go to a [house] party I have that right"

The past two weeks:[BPM music blaring as "DJ Whoever" is playing to a full private party in a closed and vacant business building somewhere in far east El Paso County] Some fed up El Pasoan's have been taking to social media telling the local younger folks to "go home!" "You are going to get your family sick". Their response is *BLOCK* *BLOCK* *BLOCK* *BLOCK* "Oh my god! Why don't they just leave us alone!"

Bob Moore, ex EL PASO TIMES chief and @ElPASOMATTERS stating that El Paso officials are dropping the ball as well as 95% tracing has gone down to 35%.

Gov Abbott Emergency Response sending in personnel to help El Paso.

They traced some of the cases back to a trash can. That’s very impressive.

I wonder how much of this is also due to El Paso’s proximity to Juarez. There is still a lot of people who go back and forth from Mexico, but at the same time I haven’t heard of COVID going out of control in San Diego.

Reactions: JCorona
What happened in the RGV is also applicable in El Paso. These multi-generational households with Abuelita/o staying with kids, parents, aunts/uncles, etc. Exacerbated by the overall health and access to medical services, what a time bomb.

What happened in the RGV is also applicable in El Paso. These multi-generational households with Abuelita/o staying with kids, parents, aunts/uncles, etc. Exacerbated by the overall health and access to medical services, what a time bomb.

But if that’s the case then shouldn’t LA be doing worse? Mexicans over there are living 3 plus generations deep in a 3 bedroom house.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
"All league practices, games, tournaments are not allowed in City parks for at least two weeks. This is for both City and private leagues. No permits will be issued at this point for any activity until November 6.
Parks will only be open for use of trails, walking paths, and playground equipment for small children.
Extending limitations at City museums, libraries, zoo, aquatic centers; senior centers; and daycare centers.
City of El Paso update on COVID-19 efforts on Thursday, October 22, 2020

“Each case represents a person, a mother, a father, grandmothers, grandfathers, brothers, sisters and children. A member of a family – our family,” said Mayor Dee Margo. “I am asking all residents to please stay home when possible, only leave for essential items, and do not take the entire family when shopping. We must all do our part to stop the spread of the virus.”

KDBC.COM

"Samaniego said he’s exercising as much authority as he can to prevent people from gathering in public places and being as lenient as he can now before going back to square one: a stay-at home order.

“How the community responds depends on how we respond” said Samaniego. “We need the community to understand how critical this is."

Samaniego said he sent Gov. Greg Abbott a letter to let the county use William Beaumont hospital to treat COVID-19 patients.

El Paso County Judge said he will be shutting down all county parks, including golf course at Ascarate Park beginning Friday at midnight for two weeks.

Samaniego said he will impose more restrictions if the cases don’t go down.

“I will ask for a stay at home order if those numbers don’t come down,” Samaniego said."

"All league practices, games, tournaments are not allowed in City parks for at least two weeks. This is for both City and private leagues. No permits will be issued at this point for any activity until November 6.
Parks will only be open for use of trails, walking paths, and playground equipment for small children.
Extending limitations at City museums, libraries, zoo, aquatic centers; senior centers; and daycare centers.
City of El Paso update on COVID-19 efforts on Thursday, October 22, 2020

“Each case represents a person, a mother, a father, grandmothers, grandfathers, brothers, sisters and children. A member of a family – our family,” said Mayor Dee Margo. “I am asking all residents to please stay home when possible, only leave for essential items, and do not take the entire family when shopping. We must all do our part to stop the spread of the virus.”

KDBC.COM
Those restrictions seem like the biggest waste of time. The city needs to really crack down and fine people in violation orders. All those parties people are throwing, and as much as it may hurt they should probably look at closing bars again. They all just skirted around the rules by serving food, and I would think they’re a major driver of this mess.

1000 again this morning reported. 100 new hospitalizations. Feds are rolling into EP to help hospitals. Local hospital workers are starting to sound like NY hospital workers in 2020 early spring (one I know begged a non profit group I volunteer for to chill on our activities in a zoom meeting). You need permits now to even fart in groups of ten or more in EP and rightly so. I expect to see PD patrols with all lights on at night again like I saw in the spring rolling thru neighborhoods.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: develman
1000 again this morning reported. 100 new hospitalizations. Feds are rolling into EP to help hospitals. Local hospital workers are starting to sound like NY hospital workers in 2020 early spring (one I know begged a non profit group I volunteer for to chill on our activities in a zoom meeting). You need permits now to even fart in groups of ten or more in EP and rightly so. I expect to see PD patrols with all lights on at night again like I saw in the spring rolling thru neighborhoods.

I can only imagine the frustration our healthcare workers must feel knowing that so many of these hospitalizations could have been avoided.

It looks like schools are opening sooner rather than later as TEA is only allowing schools 12 weeks of remote learning.

Clint is starting school next week as they’ve used up their 12 weeks. The other school districts are going back in early November.

Reactions: kickballpro

It looks like schools are opening sooner rather than later as TEA is only allowing schools 12 weeks of remote learning.

Clint is starting school next week as they’ve used up their 12 weeks. The other school districts are going back in early November.

Rather than closing schools where community transmission is high, businesses like restaurants, bars or other indoor spaces where adults congregate should be shuttered, Dr. Rubin said.

Facing an immense second wave, some countries in Europe, like the Netherlands, have instituted restrictions on indoor dining, private gatherings and public transportation. “And they said none of this applies to schools, because education is too important,” Dr. Nichols said. “It’s just such a different priority.”

I agree with that part of the article for sure, but the.n the business community would be up in arms.

KVIA.COM:

The massive Covid-19 surge in El Paso County went from extremely bad to critically worse on Saturday as all-time highs were shattered for a half-dozen critical markers: New cases, active infections, positivity rate, and hospitalizations - along with ICU and ventilator usage.

The health department reported a record 1,216 new cases on Saturday, as well as 75 unreported cases from earlier, increasing the total number of additional cases reported to 1,291. The number of active infections jumped to just shy of 11,000 at a record-level of 10,911.

Are you positive bro?
Not me. Well maybe but this isn’t about me.

My mom’s dad is 94 and lives alone in Juarez. He’s very sick and needed to go to the hospital. Since there was no one over there to take him my mom did.

The doctor told her his lungs are failing but that in his professional opinion he didn’t have COVID. My mom felt a little better that she we wasn’t in direct danger of being infected.

Once the test results came back it turns out my grandpa is positive for COVID. My mom was exposed and of course exposed my dad who is currently going through radiation treatment.

My parents haven’t devolved symptoms except for my mom saying she feels very tired. They’re still undecided but tomorrow they might go for a test.

KVIA.com

EL PASO, Texas – Hospitals in El Paso will soon be airlifting patients to other health-care facilities in Texas in an effort to deal with a record-setting surge of Covid-19 cases.

Local hospitals are working with the Border Regional Advisory Council, or BorderRAC, to coordinate airlifting patients requiring critical care to other health-care facilities in Texas.

ADVERTISING

The move was announced in statement issued by University Medical Center on Saturday evening.

Whether patients are airlifted will be a voluntary decision made by patients and their families.

Airlifting will be done on a limited basis, if needed, with up to 20 patients being airlifted in a 24-hour period.

Additionally, the state of Texas will be sending three or four fully functional tents with staff and equipment to help with the Covid response.

UMC will be getting at least one of those tents. They will be staged on the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center parking lot, located directly behind UMC’s main campus.

Each tent will be able to accommodate between 17 to 20 patients and will help with emergency department overload.

KVIA.com

EL PASO, Texas – Hospitals in El Paso will soon be airlifting patients to other health-care facilities in Texas in an effort to deal with a record-setting surge of Covid-19 cases.

Local hospitals are working with the Border Regional Advisory Council, or BorderRAC, to coordinate airlifting patients requiring critical care to other health-care facilities in Texas.

ADVERTISING

The move was announced in statement issued by University Medical Center on Saturday evening.

Whether patients are airlifted will be a voluntary decision made by patients and their families.

Airlifting will be done on a limited basis, if needed, with up to 20 patients being airlifted in a 24-hour period.

Additionally, the state of Texas will be sending three or four fully functional tents with staff and equipment to help with the Covid response.

UMC will be getting at least one of those tents. They will be staged on the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center parking lot, located directly behind UMC’s main campus.

Each tent will be able to accommodate between 17 to 20 patients and will help with emergency department overload.

Airlift? The bills these familes have will be ridiculous

Reactions: FarWestTexas
KVIA.com

ADVERTISING

I hope they have staff to man these tents. My wife’s friend, her sister is in the hospital with COVID and apparently she couldn’t get out of bed to use the restroom and she had to wait 4 hours to have a nurse see her. My wife’s friend said she called the hospital because her sister texted her about the problem but when she’d call they would answer and immediately hang up because they’re stretched so thin. They need more manpower.

Not me. Well maybe but this isn’t about me.

My mom’s dad is 94 and lives alone in Juarez. He’s very sick and needed to go to the hospital. Since there was no one over there to take him my mom did.

The doctor told her his lungs are failing but that in his professional opinion he didn’t have COVID. My mom felt a little better that she we wasn’t in direct danger of being infected.

Once the test results came back it turns out my grandpa is positive for COVID. My mom was exposed and of course exposed my dad who is currently going through radiation treatment.

My parents haven’t devolved symptoms except for my mom saying she feels very tired. They’re still undecided but tomorrow they might go for a test.
Dang I hope they do OK Corona.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT