ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

If most people just just have cold symptoms, should we close down every time someone sneezes
No, but when hospitals don’t allow for someone with heart attack or stroke to get a bed because too many people are showing up with Covid…what then?

I’ve never made COVID political, and I feel everyone should have the right to choose what goes into their bodies or not. But when Abbott makes mask mandates “illegal” and then has to call for help from outside our state to handle what’s going on inside our state and somebody still stands by what he says…it’s kind of like we deserve what ever the **** comes our way.

Last edited:
No, but when hospitals don’t allow for someone with heart attack or stroke to get a bed because too many people are showing up with Covid…what then?

I’ve never made COVID political, and I feel everyone should have the right to choose what goes into their bodies or not. But when Abbott makes mask mandates “illegal” and then has to call for help from outside our state to handle what’s going on inside our state and somebody still stands by what he says…it’s kind of like we deserve what ever the **** comes our way.
Naw we don't deserve what's coming our way...

Naw we don't deserve what's coming our way...
Let me clarify. I would never point out an individual and say “you deserve to get covid because…”, so when I say we’re gonna get what we deserve, I include myself in the whole…in the body of humanity.

The reason we can’t kick this issue, this pandemic, is not because we don’t have the tools at our disposal. It’s not a lack of technology, medical access, etc. It has more to do with the fact that we refuse to get on the same page. We have an autoimmune disorder in the sense that the human body is attacking itself. “Systems” are not cooperating

We could have moved beyond this thing by now, yet we continue to largely disregard the things that have proven to work in the past and instead it’s been turned into something that further divides us.

So maybe “deserves” is the wrong word, but I can’t think of a better one to use in its place.

You’re right, but there are still people who won’t vaccinate their kids for small pox, measles etc. very few adverse effects.

You’re right, but there are still people who won’t vaccinate their kids for small pox, measles etc. very few adverse effects.
I've never had the smallpox vaccine. Is it because my parents were hippies who didn't want some crazy chemicals coursing through their little boy's body? Or is it because of a safe and effective vaccine and (gasp) government vaccine mandates, smallpox has ceased to exist since 1980?

Yes, there are still measles outbreaks generally in parts of the country where there is strong belief in noted pediatrician and virologist Jenny McCarthy's opinion that vaccines cause autism (newsflash - they don't). But they are small and few and far between. Why? Because of a safe and effective vaccine and (gasp) government vaccine mandates, the vast majority of the population is immune to measles.

If the heart attack patient or stroke patient is vaccinated they should have priority over non-vaccinated patients. If there are no beds just move either the least sick covid patient to a regular bed or the sickest. Sucks, but people shouldn't be dying because someone wanted to make a statement

If the heart attack patient or stroke patient is vaccinated they should have priority over non-vaccinated patients. If there are no beds just move either the least sick covid patient to a regular bed or the sickest. Sucks, but people shouldn't be dying because someone wanted to make a statement
Totally agree, however as axing pointed out, that ain’t how it works.

I hear you Randaddy. It's a conundrum, but it just doesn't work that way.

Unfortunately a lot of people are just not scared of COVID. It's just not an easy thing to keep in perspective.

Just remember that there is no sound treatment for COVID. You can't change your mind after you are sick and dying.

Unfortunately a lot of people are just not scared of COVID. It's just not an easy thing to keep in perspective.

Just remember that there is no sound treatment for COVID. You can't change your mind after you are sick and dying.

I have seen interviews with people that are on oxygen in the hospital and they believe all the doctors and nurses are lying to them about their COVID diagnosis. Even at death's door, some people refuse to change their mind.

Let me clarify. I would never point out an individual and say “you deserve to get covid because…”, so when I say we’re gonna get what we deserve, I include myself in the whole…in the body of humanity.

The reason we can’t kick this issue, this pandemic, is not because we don’t have the tools at our disposal. It’s not a lack of technology, medical access, etc. It has more to do with the fact that we refuse to get on the same page. We have an autoimmune disorder in the sense that the human body is attacking itself. “Systems” are not cooperating

We could have moved beyond this thing by now, yet we continue to largely disregard the things that have proven to work in the past and instead it’s been turned into something that further divides us.

So maybe “deserves” is the wrong word, but I can’t think of a better one to use in its place.
I think what I wanted to say is that imo we still haven't seen the worse of this pandemic. There's still a lot of pain and suffering coming our way.

Why are people still surprised that those who are vaccinated can still contract the disease, pass it to others and in rare instances still get sick? Educate yourselves people. All the info is there. Stop acting so surprised and using old info.

The COVID vaccine helps reduce the probability of getting sick and dying from COVID. That's all. Comprende?

Why are people still surprised that those who are vaccinated can still contract the disease, pass it to others and in rare instances still get sick? Educate yourselves people. All the info is there. Stop acting so surprised and using old info.

The COVID vaccine helps reduce the probability of getting sick and dying from COVID. That's all. Comprende?
The probability of dying from COVID without the vaccine is what? Less than 1 % right? Some people are dying with the vaccine, while others die because of an adverse reaction to the vaccine. What percentage of those who die from COVID were smokers, vapers, or people with COPD, asthma or some other respiratory issues prior to getting COVID? Educate me on that or tell me where the information is. The point is nobody knows for sure why some die but most live after getting COVID. If you feel the vaccine is the answer then take it but don't tell me or anybody else that we have to get a vaccine to keep our jobs or get into public places. This is getting ridiculous. Is COVID more lethal if you catch it from someone who doesn't have the vaccination or if you get it from someone who is fully vaccinated? I should be able to make a living without being forced to take a shot. Let's see the data in the next 6 to 12 months and see how it plays out. Remember the media is only interested in putting out the narrative they want you to hear. Facts that go against that narrative are not part of their discussion. The world is not coming to an end despite what you see and hear.

Last edited:
The probability of dying from COVID without the vaccine is what? Less than 1 % right? Some people are dying with the vaccine, while others die because of an adverse reaction to the vaccine. What percentage of those who die from COVID were smokers, vapers, or people with COPD, asthma or some other respiratory issues prior to getting COVID? Educate me on that or tell me where the information is. The point is nobody knows for sure why some die but most live after getting COVID. If you feel the vaccine is the answer then take it but don't tell me or anybody else that we have to get a vaccine to keep our jobs or get into public places. This is getting ridiculous. Is COVID more lethal if you catch it from someone who doesn't have the vaccination or if you get it from someone who is fully vaccinated? I should be able to make a living without being forced to take a shot. Let's see the data in the next 6 to 12 months and see how it plays out. Remember the media is only interested in putting out the narrative they want you to hear. Facts that go against that narrative are not part of their equation. The world is not coming to an end despite what you see and hear.
All I've asked of anybody here is to keep things in perspective and educate themselves regarding the vaccine. You are welcome to do what you want with the information available.

Then its not a vaccine.

Then its not a vaccine.
Pretty much. The very definition of a vaccine is that it provides immunity to whatever it is you're getting the vaccine for. I'm all for vaccines. I'm fully vaccinated for covid. I get a flu shot every year. Flu shots are adjusted each year depending on what strains are expected to be prevelant that year. The same is likely going to be true for covid19 and its variants. While I don't like wearing masks, I do it when stores or medical facilities require it just to make others feel comfortable. Society gets conflicting info and not just in the US. We just need to do the best we can, try to keep politics out of it (maybe impossible),

Because when you do your own research you end up with a tv show host telling you vaccines cause Autism, or an eye doctor running their mouth that kids don't get sick from COVID. Whoever has the most followers AND disseminates information out first (regardless if the info is correct) wins more followers. Doctors and scientists are not allowed to change their mind, once they make a statement it should be true forever. Otherwise it's too hard to keep up, so I must rely on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to deliver my health research.

There are not enough rolling my eyes emoji to convey the sarcasm in what is written above.

Thanks for the links. Here's one more:

As you can see the vaccines do provide protection against being infected with the delta variant; however, due to limited data (since the delta variant is fairly new) the efficacy of each vaccine against the delta variant isn't precisely known. Still, the bottom line is the vaccine DOES provide some protection against catching the delta variant, and in the case of break through infections vaccinated patients are likely to be sick for a shorter period of time, are much less likely to require hospitalization, and are much more likely to survive than unvaccinated patients.

As to whether or not you should get vaccinated and wear masks, of course you should. No man is an island. If your choice not to vaccinate and not wear a mask affected only you, then by all means you should feel free to do whatever you want. But that is simply not the case. Failing to vaccinate and actively deciding not to wear a mask can potentially affect others. And, given the transmission rates of the delta variant, it might end up negatively impacting a large number of people. So please, do the responsible thing, get vaccinated and wear a mask when you're around other people that don't live with you.

As to there being conflicting information out there, in today's digital world of course there is. There is conflicting information as to whether or not the earth is really spherical (it is). There is conflicting information as to whether or not the US Government was behind 9-11 (it wasn't). There is conflicting information as to whether or not children were shot at Sandy Hook Elementary (unfortunately, they were). There is conflicting information as to whether or not vaccines cause autism (they don't) or allow for mind control (seriously, people believe this). Take something that you are sure is a fact and I guarantee that you will find groups on the Net who argue otherwise.

I choose to believe medical experts from organizations such as the CDC, the WHO, and the Mayo clinic, organizations that are dedicated to promoting health and fighting disease, rather than some extremist talking head on TV looking for ratings or some random guy on Twitter spouting nonsense. Vaccinations work. Masks work. Ignoring the prevailing advice from the true experts doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT