ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Last edited:
Almost 32 million dollars for a guy that has no divisional playoff wins and barely a top 10 QB, I'm not crying for him, I am just crying.

Like I said, Jerry has held the Cowboys down for decades with his idiotic decisions, and the ones that suffer are their fans.
Hypothetical: How are we Cowboys fans gonna feel if McCarthy and Dak win the superbowl and then Dak gives us the middle finger and signs elsewhere? Happy, sad or who gives a shit cause we just won?

Hypothetical: How are we Cowboys fans gonna feel if McCarthy and Dak win the superbowl and then Dak gives us the middle finger and signs elsewhere? Happy, sad or who gives a shit cause we just won?

I am sure most fans will be happy. Like like most fans don't fault Gillespie, Sadler, and Barbee leaving.

Skeletor bought peace for the village; sometimes, that is worth every penny to retain the kingdom.

If Covid-19 doesn't piss you all off by cancelation of season, Dak will. He is another Jameis Winston. When he intercepts the season away, blame yourselves.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Dak began his career with the best offensive line in football. Imagine if the Browns had drafted him. He also has one if not the best RB's behind him. The hypothetical of the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl has been hypothetical since 1994. Or divisional playoff wins for that matter.

Cowboys are always overrated and will under achieve and fall short as usual, yet, everyone will be drawn in by the promise of next year. The issue is:

If you sign Dak for what he wants, you cannot sign the players he needs around him. It is the players around him that make him look decent. Tom Brady does not need great players around him, Dak does. And remember they can Tag him again next year and pay him 37 million if they want to. I want to see Dalton get a chance with his surroundings that he has never had before, because with him, you can sign him to a long term deal that doesn't break the team. Dak will break the team apart.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Dak began his career with the best offensive line in football. Imagine if the Browns had drafted him. He also has one if not the best RB's behind him. The hypothetical of the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl has been hypothetical since 1994. Or divisional playoff wins for that matter.

Cowboys are always overrated and will under achieve and fall short as usual, yet, everyone will be drawn in by the promise of next year. The issue is:

If you sign Dak for what he wants, you cannot sign the players he needs around him. It is the players around him that make him look decent. Tom Brady does not need great players around him, Dak does. And remember they can Tag him again next year and pay him 37 million if they want to. I want to see Dalton get a chance with his surroundings that he has never had before, because with him, you can sign him to a long term deal that doesn't break the team. Dak will break the team apart.

This is the conundrum that is The NFL salary cap. Seattle went to crap because Wilson signed for mega money. Green Bay slipped once Rodgers got paid. Some quarterbacks take up over 10% of the cap so it makes it virtually impossible to pay the supporting cast top dollar. But at the same time do you let a good QB walk? Good QBs are hard to find.
As much as you want to blame Dak for the potential salary cap ruin of The Cowboys it’s going to come down to an accumulation of bad deals. Tyron Smith has a 97 million dollar deal, no one comes close to that. Zach Martin has an 84 million dollar deal. Lael Collins has a 54 million dollar deal. Lawerence is the 2nd highest paid edge rusher. Zeke has a 90 million dollar deal which is unreal and Cooper is the 2nd highest paid WR. Regardless of whether or not Dak signs his deal some of these guys are going to have to either restructure or be let go because they all can’t be paid that type of cash for the life of the deals. Dallas is also on the hook for 4 million dollars of dead money in 2020 and 6 million in 2021 because Fredrick retired

Maybe the cowboys don't want to sign Dak and are just planning to franchise him the next 2 years.

The hypothetical situation includes a new coach (which most fans have wanted for years) and a QB who isnt getting his deal. Its hypothetical so you can't shoot it down. How will you fell if they win the superbowl under these circumstances is the question? I will just be happy that we won.

Last edited:
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Maybe the cowboys don't want to sign Dak and are just planning to franchise him the next 2 years.

The hypothetical situation includes a new coach (which most fans have wanted for years) and a QB who isnt getting his deal. Its hypothetical so you can't shoot it down. How will you fell if they win the superbowl under these circumstances is the question? I will just be happy that we won.

I would just be happy. I agree with you. But unfortunately I do not play hypotheticals with the Cowboys as I have had them let me down every single year since 94, and I have been a fan a lot longer than that, and it is the same old crap every year. So anything that puts Cowboys and Super Bowl together, makes it an oxymoron to me.

You can't say like you can with UTEP that it is just a lack of talent. Every single year you can usually say they are as talented as any team in the NFL if not the most, yet they cannot even win a divisional playoff game. Dak is a decent QB, not a great one. Yet with the running game, TE, and receivers, could you imagine Brady back there? Therefore, he should not be paid higher than any other NFL QB. He does not deserve it with his empty resume and surrounding talent.

The hypothetical you should really use as this is the most plausible one:

If Dallas loses again with another underachieving season, what do you do with Dak then? Do you break the bank paying him for mediocrity? Is it Super Bowl or bust? Or do they laugh at Cowboy fans and say that they will follow the team regardless, and continue to say next year and just continue on their dismal course?

Last edited:
I would just be happy. I agree with you. But unfortunately I do not play hypotheticals with the Cowboys as I have had them let me down every single year since 94, and I have been a fan a lot longer than that, and it is the same old crap every year. So anything that puts Cowboys and Super Bowl together, makes it an oxymoron to me.

You can't say like you can with UTEP that it is just a lack of talent. Every single year you can usually say they are as talented as any team in the NFL if not the most, yet they cannot even win a divisional playoff game. Dak is a decent QB, not a great one. Yet with the running game, TE, and receivers, could you imagine Brady back there? Therefore, he should not be paid higher than any other NFL QB. He does not deserve it with his empty resume and surrounding talent.

The hypothetical you should really use as this is the most plausible one:

If Dallas loses again with another underachieving season, what do you do with Dak then? Do you break the bank paying him for mediocrity? Is it Super Bowl or bust? Or do they laugh at Cowboy fans and say that they will follow the team regardless, and continue to say next year and just continue on their dismal course?
I think with a new coach they might let him go if he plays bad. I thought he played better last year than in 18-19 when they had a better defense.

I think they messed up by keeping the previous coach too long and then by signing Zeke.

I think with a new coach they might let him go if he plays bad. I thought he played better last year than in 18-19 when they had a better defense.

I think they messed up by keeping the previous coach too long and then by signing Zeke.

I agree with you on him playing better and the defense getting worse. But do you really think Jerry would do the smart thing? It takes him years to learn his lessons.

We are lucky he is not the athletic director at UTEP, Tim Floyd would still be here, and Dimel would have a 20 year contract.

i think Dallas is going to keep Dak, because if they were planning to move on after this season they should have drafted a young guy these last couple of years. Instead they’ve added more weapons in the draft. If they are going to resign him they have to do it now because if they wait till next off season his asking price will go up.

Reactions: axingfools1
i think Dallas is going to keep Dak, because if they were planning to move on after this season they should have drafted a young guy these last couple of years. Instead they’ve added more weapons in the draft. If they are going to resign him they have to do it now because if they wait till next off season his asking price will go up.

Maybe, but with a legitimate backup like Dalton, and if he again comes up short, they can draft a young guy and tag him for one more year.

If the guy can't win with the weapons around him, then he needs to go. I think Witten gave up on him as he left to go to the Raiders.

Maybe, but with a legitimate backup like Dalton, and if he again comes up short, they can draft a young guy and tag him for one more year.

If the guy can't win with the weapons around him, then he needs to go. I think Witten gave up on him as he left to go to the Raiders.

But Dallas knew Dak was coming up. They could have put themselves ahead of the curve if they would have drafted someone this year. Also do you want to hinge everything on a rookie next year? The ideal thing would have been to draft a guy and let him sit this year. If Dallas can’t get a deal done you have the guy with a year experience.

But Dallas knew Dak was coming up. They could have put themselves ahead of the curve if they would have drafted someone this year. Also do you want to hinge everything on a rookie next year? The ideal thing would have been to draft a guy and let him sit this year. If Dallas can’t get a deal done you have the guy with a year experience.

I would tend to argue that Dalton may be that guy. Do you think they just signed Dalton by chance? He has never had the weapons he has in Dallas. They don't need to draft that rookie yet, and wouldn't it be better trading Dak for draft picks. They could tag Dak again next year, trade him, and move up to get a quality QB. There are always teams that will overpay for a QB. Then Dalton is your guy, and your rookie can get some experience, yet does not have to get thrown to the wolves.

Yeah, so I don’t have much confidence in them finding a better qb through the draft.

Probably couldn’t find a better QB through the draft, but could find a better deal with a very serviceable quarterback. I believe it was rocketsr who pointed out that if we pay Dak what he wants, we are screwing ourselves by not being able to pay others. Dak is not a $32 mil a year kind of qb, imo. I wish he’d realize that and play ball because he is a guy who can probably get it done. Just not worth it at the price tag he comes with.

Probably couldn’t find a better QB through the draft, but could find a better deal with a very serviceable quarterback. I believe it was rocketsr who pointed out that if we pay Dak what he wants, we are screwing ourselves by not being able to pay others. Dak is not a $32 mil a year kind of qb, imo. I wish he’d realize that and play ball because he is a guy who can probably get it done. Just not worth it at the price tag he comes with.
I agree. IMO it’s best to cut him now or sign him to the four year deal he wants. We already got a good deal out of his rookie contract. If Jones doesn't think this is the guy to take us to the Superbowl then cut him before we start losing money on him. If he is the guy then put a ring on it. We can win 8-11 games with Andy.

In the pro's you're worth whatever a team is willing to pay you. You don't think some other team will pay him what he wants(Dak)? Brady wasn't worth whatever he was asking the Patriots for, but Tampa did. Brady the debatable GOAT and still had to pack his bags and move on. NFL teams have to decide who they are willing to tie their futures to in terms of long term contracts, QB being the most expensive. Dak will be paid by someone what he's "worth". long term.

That aside I personally wouldn't give Dak a long term 5-year deal worth over 35+ million a year. But that's me. Though I do hope the Cowboys hitch their wagon to Dak long term, that's because I dislike the Cowboys.

In the pro's you're worth whatever a team is willing to pay you. You don't think some other team will pay him what he wants(Dak)? Brady wasn't worth whatever he was asking the Patriots for, but Tampa did. Brady the debatable GOAT and still had to pack his bags and move on. NFL teams have to decide who they are willing to tie their futures to in terms of long term contracts, QB being the most expensive. Dak will be paid by someone what he's "worth". long term.

That aside I personally wouldn't give Dak a long term 5-year deal worth over 35+ million a year. But that's me. Though I do hope the Cowboys hitch their wagon to Dak long term, that's because I dislike the Cowboys.

I don’t think Dak is going to get that kind of money, unless it’s from the Cowboys. I just hope we don’t tie that kind of money up for Dak, though. Like I said before, he’s good and I hope we can move forward with him, but not with his inflated price tag.

Now if he were Lamar Jackson, I might give him that kind of money. That kid had a great year and is only going to get better.

A side note: I’m starting to think you’re a closet Cowboy fan.:cool:

Not sure if Dak is the answer, but I dont think Dalton is either. He has ever won anything. He did have weapons in Cincinnati and put up some decent numbers, but it never amounted to any post-season wins. I guess we will never know if he doesn't play. If Dallas trades Dak next year it better be for and early round QB maybe like that kid from Clemson.

Off the top of my head i can’t think of a young QB who left their team via free agency. If Dallas let’s him walk it would be unprecedented.

Off the top of my head i can’t think of a young QB who left their team via free agency. If Dallas let’s him walk it would be unprecedented.
My Redskins let Cousins go after 2 straight years of the franchise tag to Minny. I think he signed for 3 years for 33 million per season two years ago and then signed a two-year extension for roughly the same amount this off-season.

My Redskins let Cousins go after 2 straight years of the franchise tag to Minny. I think he signed for 3 years for 33 million per season two years ago and then signed a two-year extension for roughly the same amount this off-season.

Exactly. Cousins walked and he has not taken Minnesota to the next level either. Secondly, Minnesota had more weapons than the Redskins. Can you imagine Dak going to a team without all the weapons he has in Dallas.

Not sure if Dak is the answer, but I dont think Dalton is either. He has ever won anything. He did have weapons in Cincinnati and put up some decent numbers, but it never amounted to any post-season wins. I guess we will never know if he doesn't play. If Dallas trades Dak next year it better be for and early round QB maybe like that kid from Clemson.

The problem is that you never know what these guys are going to do as pros. It is just a game of chance. Dalton did not have a RB, like he has in Dallas, nor the receivers.

No deal with Dak. He literally wants to be the highest paid player in the nfl. If he doesn’t produce at least an NFC championship appearance this year then there’s no point in continuing negotiations. Dak will hold all the leverage next year unless he completely tanks.

No deal with Dak. He literally wants to be the highest paid player in the nfl. If he doesn’t produce at least an NFC championship appearance this year then there’s no point in continuing negotiations. Dak will hold all the leverage next year unless he completely tanks.

Jerry Jones is racist!

He is neither. Borh he and Elliott have agents and people in their circle who tell them to get their money now while playing for the one of the most valued sports franchises in the world.

Once the good southern bourbon wears off people its obvious Dak will not get Dallas past game one of the playoffs.

You see Cowboy fans, Tampa did this with Winston. Got coaches to fit his style, pampered him, scolded him, got a top tier wr (Evans). His passing yardage skyrocketed but collapsed when needed. He collapsed against Dallas. He is Daks "Doppelganger "

He already did in 2018.

I think what he means is an actual divisional playoff game, not a wildcard game.

UTEP2Step is on the button with his post. The owners right now are asking the players to share in the revenue cut and take a 35% reduction in pay. This seems fair due to the fact that they share in 48% of the revenue, and they may play no preseason games, which would mean 4 less games.

Of course, the players are refusing. But, the fact is that the salary cap could be up to 80 million less due to the loss of revenue of having no fans in the stands.

Dak is not a franchise QB, as he has stars all around him and was lucky enough to have most likely the best offensive line in front of him his whole career. I am sure Dalton can step in and do fine, as can many other QB's with the surrounding cast. I am more than willing to take that chance as you cannot risk your whole future on a guy that has not shown he can carry the team on his back.

Last edited:
I think what he means is an actual divisional playoff game, not a wildcard game.

UTEP2Step is on the button with his post. The owners right now are asking the players to share in the revenue cut and take a 35% reduction in pay. This seems fair due to the fact that they share in 48% of the revenue, and they may play no preseason games, which would mean 4 less games.

Of course, the players are refusing. But, the fact is that the salary cap could be up to 80 million less due to the loss of revenue of having no fans in the stands.

Dak is not a franchise QB, as he has stars all around him and was lucky enough to have most likely the best offensive line in front of him his whole career. I am sure Dalton can step in and do fine, as can many other QB's with the surrounding cast. I am more than willing to take that chance as you cannot risk your whole future on a guy that has not shown he can carry the team on his back.
Hey Rocket. Were you a Romo fan?

Hey Rocket. Were you a Romo fan?

I stood by him for a long time. Thought the year we played Green Bay and the catch that was not a catch was our best chance.

He was spotty, like in the Redskin game at the end of the year that would decide our fate for the NFC East Title in 2012. We had the ball with 3 minutes to go, and he throws an interception where there was no receiver. His big chance to really prove himself as a winner, and he came up short.

Could Romo win with the team as it is now? Maybe. But he would be a better offensive coordinator I believe.

I think Romo suffers from the same fate as Dak, as he also falls short in those clutch wins, or breakthrough wins. He was an improvement in what we had before him, and I think that muddles the picture.

So, to make a long story short, yes, I was a fan, yet just not a believer, (2012 Redskin game sealed my faith in him) and I guess I just see the same in Dak and I am tired of it as it has gone on too long.

I'm excited to see how Dak does under Mike. Garrett is another Terry. A mediocre coach that will have a good year here and there. I don't put all the blame on Dak. Jason bears a heavy load of it. I don't want to go back to the pre-Romo days. We couldn't find a QB if our life depended on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT