ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

So the Boys hired Mike McCarthy, the guy who looked at Aaron Jones's 6 yards per carry and thought, "Meh, maybe we'll try to get it to him 5 times a game...." Not exactly an inspiring hire.

Reactions: axingfools1
I was hoping Garrett would stay, that way the Cowboys would always be 8-8.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Sexier than the Dimel hire!

Funny you put it that way. My wife asked what I thought about the hire. I told her it wasn’t exactly a sexy hire. She was like “Sexy?!? Why would you call him sexy?” I spent the next couple minutes explaining to her that’s a word we arm chair analysts use on occasion to express our content or in this case discontent. She thought it was SO funny. Lordy!

Funny you put it that way. My way asked what I thought about the hire. I told her it wasn’t exactly a sexy hire. She was like “Sexy?!? Why would you call him sexy?” I spent the next couple minutes explaining to her that’s a word we arm chair analysts use on occasion to express our content or in this case discontent. She thought it was SO funny. Lordy!

She’s right — it’s a gay way to say it.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Does it matter? I will give you an example:

McCarthy goes to Jerry and says, "I don't think Prescott is our long term solution." Jerry then says, "Yes he is". And then proceeds to sign him for 40 million a year.
No one can deal with Jerry, a guy that would have drafted Johnny Manzel instead of Zach Martin.

If you said Jerry was hiring a GM, then I would have been excited.

Does it matter? I will give you an example:

McCarthy goes to Jerry and says, "I don't think Prescott is our long term solution." Jerry then says, "Yes he is". And then proceeds to sign him for 40 million a year.
No one can deal with Jerry, a guy that would have drafted Johnny Manzel instead of Zach Martin.

If you said Jerry was hiring a GM, then I would have been excited.
That is what is mystifying about this hire. Second, this is classic, classic Jones keeping Dallas at the top of the sports news cycle going into playoffs devoid of Cowboys.

I think 2step likes the Cowboys more than he likes to admit to.
I was until I actually met a former player (from Florida State) and Jones owns the metroplex, not vice versa.

At least Foster gives to the city and is literally rehabilitating downtown El Paso and always works to be the solution for El Paso, not the problem, unlike uber rich from major cities who use their plethora of money to stick their hands into cookie jars that don't belong to them.

I was until I actually met a former player (from Florida State) and Jones owns the metroplex, not vice versa.

At least Foster gives to the city and is literally rehabilitating downtown El Paso and always works to be the solution for El Paso, not the problem, unlike uber rich from major cities who use their plethora of money to stick their hands into cookie jars that don't belong to them.

Huh?

I, utep2step, met a Cowboy player who shared the inside world of Cowboys in Dallas and it wasn't pleasant.

Second, just read this. It's old but it hits on the good, the bad and the ugly. https://www.brookings.edu/articles/sports-jobs-taxes-are-new-stadiums-worth-the-cost/

You guys need to stop getting butt hurt when the Cowboys are called out. You all will not tolerate anything from UTEP coaches, why in the hell do you all put up with a megalomaniacal man who will not let the right people put a good product on the field? (same goes for Tampa, Washington, Raiders and Browns)

Reactions: JCorona
I, utep2step, met a Cowboy player who shared the inside world of Cowboys in Dallas and it wasn't pleasant.

Second, just read this. It's old but it hits on the good, the bad and the ugly. https://www.brookings.edu/articles/sports-jobs-taxes-are-new-stadiums-worth-the-cost/

You guys need to stop getting butt hurt when the Cowboys are called out. You all will not tolerate anything from UTEP coaches, why in the hell do you all put up with a megalomaniacal man who will not let the right people put a good product on the field? (same goes for Tampa, Washington, Raiders and Browns)

Ah, that makes more sense. Also, unless you’re addressing another poster(s), I don’t get butt hurt when the Boys are called out. In fact they deserve it. I said “Huh?” Cuz I couldn’t for the life of me make out what you were trying to communicate.

Just to be clear, I hate Jerra! But like I stick with the Miners, I stick with the Cowboys. Ready for Jones to break a hip or something, though.

Because I got Jerry's autograph on a little football one of those times the Cowboys had a scrimmage in the Sun Bowl. Got to shake his hand, too.

He's a man of the people!

So Zeke has tested positive for Covid 19. For most teams this would cause devastation. Since its Dallas, social media is full of joke memes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT