ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

My prediction is
Dal 28
La 24

I like your style, dude! Excuse the Big Lebowski reference...I’m drinking White Russians so I can’t help myself.

Cowboys give up 20 points a game but the Rams score something like 32 a game. I think Dallas gets stingy tonight and the Rams score between 24-26. The Cowboys only average 21 a game but have averaged 29 the last 3 games. I think Dak is finally playing within himself and the Cowboys offense are not world beaters but have been methodically ticking lately. I think you’re probably right on, but I’ll say 30-27 Cowboys just to change it up a tad bit.

Last edited:
I’m glad we have nice weather and are guaranteed to play indoors until the SuperBowl if we win today. I remember how much the cold cities would negatively affect the team when Romo was the starter.

Cowboys haven't stopped the Rams yet, although they've shown they can hold them to field goals (sometimes) and they're not giving up the quick score, so it's still a one-score game.

The Cowboys can win, but it would have to be a shootout. Score touchdowns (not field goals) and maybe get a lucky turnover. The Rams are definitely tough; they have lots of weapons.

I thought the Cowboys D would be a little better against the run. I wonder if they can make some adjustments there.

Prescott looks scared...the exact opposite of last week. Putting Lee in has disrupted the defense IMO.

That hands to the face penalty was devastating

That. Is. Not. A. Catch.

You have to have control all the way. The ball squeezed out and nose hit the ground as he was coming down.

Time management on that last drive was horrendous. Where we hoping for an onside kick the whole time?

Three time outs and the 2 minute warning. As long as Marinelli goes aggressive we still have a chance even if th onside doesn’t work.

Agree though. Time management sucked.

I felt we had a better chance against the saints. I wouldn’t be surprised if the eagles win tomorrow.

The Cowboys had a chance but too many stupid penalties on defense and inconsistent passing.

Garrett basically just talked about the Rams post-game. He also sounded like he's confident he will be back next season. I hope not. He's had his run...twice. Time for something new. Time for someone to take this young core and put them over the top now.

Yes the Rams ran it down our throats, but we still should have won (even despite Prescott looking nervous and rushed for part of the game). Why go with Sean Lee when our other LBs have been killing it? Why not play to stop the run more when you see they are succeeding? If they pass and score then at least we get more opportunities and have more time on the clock. Their QB hasn't been passing that well the past few weeks.

Why not attack the defensive backs of the Rams when they were playing so soft and their D-line is their strength? Why not run Dak more when the Rams were keying so much on Elliot? And why in the heck did we take 4:40 off the clock down 15 in the 4th quarter with under 7 minutes left in the game??

I just don't get some of the decisions. You play to win the game!! To hell with the other team. Adjust and win! Garrett is not a new kid on the block. What the hell is he waiting for? We need to get rid of Garrett now. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Garrett basically just talked about the Rams post-game. He also sounded like he's confident he will be back next season. I hope not. He's had his run...twice. Time for something new. Time for someone to take this young core and put them over the top now.

Yes the Rams ran it down our throats, but we still should have won (even despite Prescott looking nervous and rushed for part of the game). Why go with Sean Lee when our other LBs have been killing it? Why not play to stop the run more when you see they are succeeding? If they pass and score then at least we get more opportunities and have more time on the clock. Their QB hasn't been passing that well the past few weeks.

Why not attack the defensive backs of the Rams when they were playing so soft and their D-line is their strength? Why not run Dak more when the Rams were keying so much on Elliot? And why in the heck did we take 4:40 off the clock down 15 in the 4th quarter with under 7 minutes left in the game??

I just don't get some of the decisions. You play to win the game!! To hell with the other team. Adjust and win! Garrett is not a new kid on the block. What the hell is he waiting for? We need to get rid of Garrett now. Just my 2 cents.

And Marinelli. He’s a putz! Did the Cowboys put Goff on his azz even once, with or without the ball in his hands? What a poor defensive game plan.

I know there was still around 2 minutes but does anyone else think we should have at least attempted an onside kick?

You asked why not attack the defensive backs, because I have said it over and over and nobody likes to hear it........Prescott cannot throw deep. With no deep threat, we did not have much of a chance to win. They were begging him to throw deep with one on one coverage all day, and that allowed them to stop the run.

You asked why not attack the defensive backs, because I have said it over and over and nobody likes to hear it........Prescott cannot throw deep. With no deep threat, we did not have much of a chance to win. They were begging him to throw deep with one on one coverage all day, and that allowed them to stop the run.
The offense was just fine. The Cowboys lost because they couldn't stop the Rams (only one punt the entire day). And yet it was still a one-score game at the end. I felt the offense was good enough to win yesterday; they just needed another stop or two on defense. The BS "hands to the face" call turned a stop by the Cowboys into another Rams touchdown; I think that was the difference in the game. The BS "in the grasp" play at least took another opportunity to score points away from the Cowboys.

22 points is not going to win you many games, especially against a team that averages in the 30's. Look at the predictions in this thread. If we score the 30 points Fanticoog predicts, and he was right on the button with LA only scoring 28, which he said would be a stingy defensive effort, we win. The defense played a good game, and well enough to win. I believe the complete opposite of you and that the defense has kept us in almost all our games this year, and offense is what has failed us. The defense was exhausted yesterday being on the field most of it, as there was a huge disparity in time of possession.
What I liked:
Dallas committed to the run, and Elliot which got you there in the first place. Remember the Rams usually give up 5 yds a carry and came up with an exceptional performance.
Red zone offense did not get cute and pounded it in.
Prescott did not hold onto the ball too long taking only 1 unnecessary sack and not committing any turnovers. A huge improvement on his part. His glaring weakness is still not being able to hit the long ball which would have allowed Elliot to gain more yardage as less men would have been in the box.
Overall, if he can get better at the long ball, Dallas would be a complete team and teams would be hard pressed to stop them. On signing him, I would not do a huge contract, somewhere in the 16 million range with incentives to bring him to 20, and a 3 year one at best, because if he cannot improve his long ball, it will cost us in the long run.

Last edited:
As much as people don't like Garrett. There's nothing a coach can do if your lines are getting their ass kicked. There's no defense to hide your dline getting pushed back 5 yards back every play like they were blocking sleds. It's on players to win their battles/assignments and they didn't.

As much as people don't like Garrett. There's nothing a coach can do if your lines are getting their ass kicked. There's no defense to hide your dline getting pushed back 5 yards back every play like they were blocking sleds. It's on players to win their battles/assignments and they didn't.
Some players want it more than others....right Chargers?
25ee5a0ebabf775c8b1b77028f4d7339--football-fans-school-football.jpg

Yup I just read that. Makes sense. Those holes were big enough to drive through. I thought they were just getting their butts kicked, it turns out the Rams knew where we were at the entire game.

As much as it pains me to say this, Garrett does have a point. 270 yards, 400 yards rushing, no le hace. Rams shut down Elliott, period. It was a game changer.

I know Jones wouldn’t go for it but I would like the Cowboys to pursue Foles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT