ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gas Prices

Would gas prices go down, if everyone just decided not to drive for a week?? Like a drivers strike??
Probably hurt us. We are exporting too much as it is. We stop buying and oil companies would probably export even more. With many countries no longer buying from Russia, there are a lot more customers for US oil.

Probably hurt us. We are exporting too much as it is. We stop buying and oil companies would probably export even more. With many countries no longer buying from Russia, there are a lot more customers for US oil.
And it would cost more jobs due to lack of demand.....yanno, like shutting down the country did...

Reactions: axingfools1
Would gas prices go down, if everyone just decided not to drive for a week?? Like a drivers strike??
Haha. Good thought, but my guess is the strike would need to go on for years. Good luck organizing AND finding the new jobs

the-flintstones-car.gif

I've seen gas for as low as 4.33 in Killeen but about a quarter more in Austin.

Wait until school starts back up. If trend continue districts will have to take away from district budget items to pay for gas. Don’t worry Texas HS football coaches, no one will touch football budgets.

Y'all are geniuses. It's a shame you waste your time and energy on digs instead of making an impact on the world.

Stop the Keystone pipeline.
Stop leases on Federal Land.
When The President says he will faze out fossil fuels, energy companies become nervous about investing in their money on physical plants and future technology.
I’m sure if you do a little research, into the oil companies you will find many more reasons.

Stop the Keystone pipeline.
Stop leases on Federal Land.
When The President says he will faze out fossil fuels, energy companies become nervous about investing in their money on physical plants and future technology.
I’m sure if you do a little research, into the oil companies you will find many more reasons.
The Keystone Pipeline has been in operation since 2016. The Supreme Court stopped Phase 4 (the Keystone XL). It was dead before Joe Biden took office.

Oil and Gas activity has doubled during President Biden presidency. Biden’s policies are inept - they have no bite. Oil and Gas companies are thriving right now. Exxon is drilling more right now than they ever have in their history. Oil companies are some of the biggest investors into Green Energy.

In 2018, 2019, and 2020, the US lost over 200 Oil companies. In 2018 and 2019, it was due to Donald Trump reaching out to foreign countries and foreign companies to flood the market with oil. This crashed the market, bankrupted US companies, and cost tens of thousands of jobs. You don’t need a $15 an hour minimum wage if gas is cheap. So says the Grand Dealmaker at least.

2020 was of course COVID and the infamous Trump-OPEC DEAL. That two year deal was longer than the shutdown. Gas was still cheap when the vaccine rolled out and the economy opened. OPEC cut production. Less supply.

We also lost four refineries in 2020. Even less supply. Covid and Trump’s deals help set the stage for today’s gas prices than any of President Biden’s bite-less policies.

Oil production has increased about a million barrels of oil a day during the Biden Presidency. Oil companies have invested billions and will be producing record amounts of Oil and Gas next year. I am not saying Biden is responsible for this. He’s not. Just like he, or his policies, are not the reason for today’s gas prices.

The Keystone Pipeline has been in operation since 2016. The Supreme Court stopped Phase 4 (the Keystone XL). It was dead before Joe Biden took office.

Oil and Gas activity has doubled during President Biden presidency. Biden’s policies are inept - they have no bite. Oil and Gas companies are thriving right now. Exxon is drilling more right now than they ever have in their history. Oil companies are some of the biggest investors into Green Energy.

In 2018, 2019, and 2020, the US lost over 200 Oil companies. In 2018 and 2019, it was due to Donald Trump reaching out to foreign countries and foreign companies to flood the market with oil. This crashed the market, bankrupted US companies, and cost tens of thousands of jobs. You don’t need a $15 an hour minimum wage if gas is cheap. So says the Grand Dealmaker at least.

2020 was of course COVID and the infamous Trump-OPEC DEAL. That two year deal was longer than the shutdown. Gas was still cheap when the vaccine rolled out and the economy opened. OPEC cut production. Less supply.

We also lost four refineries in 2020. Even less supply. Covid and Trump’s deals help set the stage for today’s gas prices than any of President Biden’s bite-less policies.

Oil production has increased about a million barrels of oil a day during the Biden Presidency. Oil companies have invested billions and will be producing record amounts of Oil and Gas next year. I am not saying Biden is responsible for this. He’s not. Just like he, or his policies, are not the reason for today’s gas prices.
Why even bother? They already have their agenda made up. Nothing will ever make them see things with a neutral perspective.

Right bro, cuz only in America, not anywhere else in the world, are gas prices high.
Hate to break it to you, but gas prices in Europe have ALWAYS high.

Mista, you make very good arguments, however they are one sided, left leaning. I am sure if I had the time to counter, I could find arguments from the right just as strong.

I will use my common sense. Oil production is high. Oil companies profits are high. They are shipping buttloads across the world since other countries can't/wont get fuel from Russia. Hence high profits. No incentive to keep gas here. Bidens policies. The stop he put on federal land was directly aimed at cutting oil production. He even stated on record "we will end the use of fossil fuels sooner than later". You have stated the pipeline was dead before he took office, however I would argue trump would have fought that. Biden? Not so much...
Your comment about minimum wage related to gas prices is silly. Democrats have been on the $15 minimum wage for years. We can have $1.50 gas and $15 minimum wage and inflation would go nuts. Bottom line is companies can NOT afford to absorb that drastic of an increase. They did NOT keep gas prices down to keep minimum wage down. That's crazy talk.

More common sense....Since the day of the election, gas prices started increasing. That is NOT a coincidence. Oil companies anticipated what was going to happen, and they were correct. You say bidens policies had no bite, however the entire economy is in a freefall. No bite, eh? I am SURE you will blame covid, and to a small extent it is correct. While it makes sense the supply and demand chain initially was drained, why isn't it back yet?

There are sooooo many ways to justify Biden's failure instead of placing blame where it needs to be. I promise you that if trump was still in office, you would quickly and easily place ALL the blame on him. It shows how far left you actually are.

The economy has been open for over a year. How the hell did we run out of baby formula? Is it because a plant was closed suspiciously? (I have read several articles over time that questioned the real reason) And why did they drag their feet opening it again? Why didn't the White House know this earlier? Who paid to buy from Europe? Why is it so hard to get employees still? No reason to go work perhaps?

I don't buy into either party's agendas. Like I have said, I use common sense and this shit is NOT adding up.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Why even bother? They already have their agenda made up. Nothing will ever make them see things with a neutral perspective.
Hilarious you say that......I actually READ what the left says. I listen to the right. You follow blindly. Not me said the bee. Not I said the fly....

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Hilarious you say that......I actually READ what the left says. I listen to the right. You follow blindly. Not me said the bee. Not I said the fly....
That's where you're mistaken. I could give a rats ass about Biden or Trump. I'm not an idiot to blindly blame Joe for everything.

Why don't you check fuel prices in the UK before the invasion and what they currently are.

It might just maybe open your eyes a little bit. I doubt it though.

Reactions: develman
That's where you're mistaken. I could give a rats ass about Biden or Trump. I'm not an idiot to blindly blame Joe for everything.

Why don't you check fuel prices in the UK before the invasion and what they currently are.

It might just maybe open your eyes a little bit. I doubt it though.
Wait, did you just back up what I said without trying to? YIPPIE!

Prices in the UK have ALWAYS been high. They have gone higher since they don't get their supply from Russia. They are paying MORE to get from the US hence the higher profits and higher prices across the pond. Again bro, common sense.

And I don't "blindly" blame jose biden for everything. He and his sidekicks are to blame for MOST. Covid has blame too. ( like businesses closing etc) I didn't blame uncle joe for my business shutting down. Look and the news coverage. I directly blamed Covid.
Now your turn JC, tell me, If most of the country feels like you and mista, why is joes approval rating 29%? Where does the majority of the country place the blame for this train wreck?

k...

Wait, did you just back up what I said without trying to? YIPPIE!

Prices in the UK have ALWAYS been high. They have gone higher since they don't get their supply from Russia. They are paying MORE to get from the US hence the higher profits and higher prices across the pond. Again bro, common sense.

And I don't "blindly" blame jose biden for everything. He and his sidekicks are to blame for MOST. Covid has blame too. ( like businesses closing etc) I didn't blame uncle joe for my business shutting down. Look and the news coverage. I directly blamed Covid.
Now your turn JC, tell me, If most of the country feels like you and mista, why is joes approval rating 29%? Where does the majority of the country place the blame for this train wreck?

k...
Got it. Gas rises $2 a gallon in UK that's Normal. Gas rises $2 a gallon in the USA, Let's go Brandon! Such a logical explanation.

For the record f*ck Biden. Like I've always said, I don't follow him and worship him the way yall did Trumpy.

Reactions: develman
Got it. Gas rises $2 a gallon in UK that's Normal. Gas rises $2 a gallon in the USA, Let's go Brandon! Such a logical explanation.

For the record f*ck Biden. Like I've always said, I don't follow him and worship him the way yall did Trumpy.
That's NOT what I said or am saying. Gas prices were ALWAYS high in the UK. They increased because of the sanctions on Russia and the need to buy more expensive gas from the US. Gas prices went up at an alarming rate here the day after the election because the oil companies knew what was coming. The war in ukraine should have very little effect on us and gas. We have the ability to supply plenty. (show by the amount exported) The policies in place now have effected our prices on everything, not just gas. But, biden is begging countries to produce more oil for us. Does that make ANY sense? Why not make it logical for our companies to produce for us? meh....common sense...

And for the record "y'all' don't worship anyone other than God. Trump always did and will sound like an idiot. Duct tape would serve a great purpose with him. I have said that forever. However, our country was in great shape economically due to things he and his staff did. I wouldn't want him to run again, but I do appreciate what he did as a business man for my country.

That's NOT what I said or am saying. Gas prices were ALWAYS high in the UK. They increased because of the sanctions on Russia and the need to buy more expensive gas from the US. Gas prices went up at an alarming rate here the day after the election because the oil companies knew what was coming. The war in ukraine should have very little effect on us and gas. We have the ability to supply plenty. (show by the amount exported) The policies in place now have effected our prices on everything, not just gas. But, biden is begging countries to produce more oil for us. Does that make ANY sense? Why not make it logical for our companies to produce for us? meh....common sense...

And for the record "y'all' don't worship anyone other than God. Trump always did and will sound like an idiot. Duct tape would serve a great purpose with him. I have said that forever. However, our country was in great shape economically due to things he and his staff did. I wouldn't want him to run again, but I do appreciate what he did as a business man for my country.
Sounds good. I see things from a worldwide perspective. I don't care to defend Biden or the perfect storm that he walked into.

Reactions: Rot
LOL.....OMG!!!!! That is such a leftist thing to say. Perfect storm? He KNEW what was coming and added fire to the flame.

While we would have had issues no matter who was president after covid, the fact remains biden is/was dead set into forcing us to go green. He has stated that many times. I am all for going more green, but you don't cut off your nose to spite your face. It's VERY obvious they, the entire administration, is determined to make it work for us now, not later. The transportation dude (budagig?) said publicly "if you are complaining about gas prices, buy an electric car". I mean seriously? If we can't afford gas, how are we going to afford an electric car? And if you think the power grid is strained now, wait until we have a bazillion cars plugged in! Oh yeah, how much does it cost to get the plugin at your house? I'm damn near positive you can't just plug into my wall outlet.

As for your worldwide comment, the world economy depends on us. We are going to be officially in a recession when it's announced next month. This administration does not have the ability to pull us out. We struggle, the whole world struggles. Yeah, let's raise interest rates to slow inflation. Great idea! Now America will be in higher debt they just can't pay. Everyone in the white house and on staff are totally clueless.....not that I have a clue, but I'm not in office either.

Again, yes....the gas prices in the US are the fault of biden and his peeps. The rest of the world is on Russia. The rest of inflation is on them too.... Career politicians MUST end.....but they won't vote for that because they ALL like their cherry jobs with kickbacks from large companies and foreign countries.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT