ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hats off to you Dallas Cowboy fans on here

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
I really don't think you fans realize how impressive your win was last night. Your schedule was ho-hum and Dallas couldn't get past a good Giants team so a win against a hot streaking Winston led Tampa team not doubt will shut up the doubters. Tampa WR Evans, along with Julio Jones of Atlanta, is one of the best receivers in the NFL (you can't put Dez Bryant in there, the stats speak for themselves) and Irving threw off Winston's timing towards the end so he couldn't hit Evans on his routes because Lord knows Winston was looking for him. I honestly thought Tampa was going to win this game because Dallas secondary had not faced a qb and receiving corp. like Tampa's. I have a gut feeling these two will meet again before this season is in the books and neither team self-collapses, which history shows is not on Dallas' side nor Tampa's heading into the playoffs.

For you "miner fans" who may not know, Head Coach Dirk Koetter of Tampa is from the Bob Stull coaching tree and one hell of a coach. He firmly put Boise on the map (UTEP lost to them in the 2000 Humanitarian Bowl) and went to ASU.

cowboys-cheerleaders-3.jpg

I really don't think you fans realize how impressive your win was last night. Your schedule was ho-hum and Dallas couldn't get past a good Giants team so a win against a hot streaking Winston led Tampa team not doubt will shut up the doubters. Tampa WR Evans, along with Julio Jones of Atlanta, is one of the best receivers in the NFL (you can't put Dez Bryant in there, the stats speak for themselves) and Irving threw off Winston's timing towards the end so he couldn't hit Evans on his routes because Lord knows Winston was looking for him. I honestly thought Tampa was going to win this game because Dallas secondary had not faced a qb and receiving corp. like Tampa's. I have a gut feeling these two will meet again before this season is in the books and neither team self-collapses, which history shows is not on Dallas' side nor Tampa's heading into the playoffs.

For you "miner fans" who may not know, Head Coach Dirk Koetter of Tampa is from the Bob Stull coaching tree and one hell of a coach. He firmly put Boise on the map (UTEP lost to them in the 2000 Humanitarian Bowl) and went to ASU.

I think the Redskins have a better receiving core and QB than Tampa. But none the less I'll take the Dirty blue stars win last night, we needed it.

Take the high road 2step....take the high road...ok, I'm good.

I used to have this Cowboy cheerleader poster hanging in bedroom when I as young.

mPHxSmGQ4l3WUkmFLkMO_kw.jpg

Reactions: unihorn
Screw the deadskins, I need them to lose tonight or they take Tampa's spot in the wild card.

I'm really worried about meeting New York in the Divisional. It kind of has that 2008 season feeling to it.

I think it would be tough for The Giants, or any team for that matter to win 3 games in a row vs the same opponent in one season.

The Giants may have swept the season series against the Cowboys, but they did it with a total combined four points. I'm not scared of the Giants. If they meet again in the Playoffs, it'll most assuredly be in AT&T Stadium. The third time will be Dallas' charm. Bring it, NY.

As for Dallas' schedule...prior to last night's Tampa game, the Cowboys had already beaten the Packers in Green Bay and the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Both those teams have QB's and WR cores that are every bit as good (if not better) than Tampa's. This is taking nothing away from TB. They were (still are actually) playing very well. Their defense hadn't given up more than 13 points per game in their previous five game winning streak. The fact Dallas put up 26 (should have been 33 if not for a bad holding call on Tyron Smith) speaks volumes. All this said, I'd rather meet the Giants again rather than the Buccaneers.

I'm really worried about meeting New York in the Divisional. It kind of has that 2008 season feeling to it.
Nope, in 2007-08 the Cowboys swept the Giants in the regular season; this season the Cowboys were swept. Totally different.

As another poster in this thread stated, it's tough to beat an opponent thrice in the same season. That worked against the Cowboys in 2008; hopefully it works for them this season.

Im a Giants fan and its true that its though to beat a team 3 times. But this is a different Giants team from week 1. GIants Defense is getting good. If Giants make it i their chances . And bucs dont have a good WR core. Yes Mike evans is one of best but thats all they have. I think Giants and Raiders are better.

I don't get all the Winston hype.... mariota is much better!!

All you cowboy bandwagoners that come outta lord knows where when they start winging are gonna be sooo disappointed when they lose in the first playoff game

Reactions: kickballpro
Well you guys are part of the few!!! Now you guys say you supported your cowboys when they were 1-15 and have never wavered..... why do you waver for utep basketball hmmmm?

of course the 1-15 team in 1989 had a Miner on it. That team actually had a bunch of guys on it who stuck around for the Super Bowl wins. Guys like Nate Newton, Mark Tuinei, Michael Irvin, Kelvin Martin and Ken Norton Jr were Tom Landry/Tex Schramm holdovers and guys like Troy Aikman, Daryl Johnston and Mark Stepnoski were rookies.

Well you guys are part of the few!!! Now you guys say you supported your cowboys when they were 1-15 and have never wavered..... why do you waver for utep basketball hmmmm?
The 1989 Dallas Cowboys were in their 1st year under a NEW owner and NEW coach. The 2016-2017 Miner basketball team is not.

Reactions: unihorn
What does it matter?? So if you had a coach on the cowboys that wasn't doing well you wouldn't follow them?

Funny this comes up. Many fans refused to support the team after Coach Landry was fired. Jerry Jones hiring Jimmy Johnson was heavily criticized because of Johnson being Jones' old teammate. When the team went 1-15 an uproar ignited. People wanted Johnson fired and it was said his college success wouldn't necessarily translate to the NFL. It was also suggested Johnson would have been fired had Jones not been his old teammate.

Because within 3, yes 3, years of that 1-15 season, the Boys were in the Super Bowl....and won it...and then won it again....waited a year...then won it again.

The Giants may have swept the season series against the Cowboys, but they did it with a total combined four points. I'm not scared of the Giants. If they meet again in the Playoffs, it'll most assuredly be in AT&T Stadium. The third time will be Dallas' charm. Bring it, NY.

As for Dallas' schedule...prior to last night's Tampa game, the Cowboys had already beaten the Packers in Green Bay and the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Both those teams have QB's and WR cores that are every bit as good (if not better) than Tampa's. This is taking nothing away from TB. They were (still are actually) playing very well. Their defense hadn't given up more than 13 points per game in their previous five game winning streak. The fact Dallas put up 26 (should have been 33 if not for a bad holding call on Tyron Smith) speaks volumes. All this said, I'd rather meet the Giants again rather than the Buccaneers.

Bad holding call? It was a damned take down. You can lock up the rusher/defender but you have to release as soon as they go lateral. Should have been 34 to 26 Bucs if Winston didn't hurry his passes, credit to the Dallas D and that O line too who got the job done. D line threw Winston off his timing (and Winston's head butt didn't help matters either and took away a potential TD drive).

Jeezuz, you are dense! We'd be calling for his head too. Like I was with Wade Phillips and Dave Campo.

Why the eff do you still support Floyd and justify his piss poor results? What is wrong with you?

I don't support Floyd!! I support Artis Harris Wilms touchet, Barrett etc.....

So you would rather them play in a gym that is void of any excitement and support in a city that supposedly loves basketball.... for something that may or may not happen???

So you would rather them play in a gym that is void of any excitement and support in a city that supposedly loves basketball.... for something that may or may not happen???
This year's basketball has been so pitiful, even a full house would be void of excitement. However, a full house would definitely assure the pitiful basketball Floyd has produced after 7 years would more than satisfy Stull and no change would occur.

You come off much like the desperate parent of a drug addict who continues to financially support their child so they don't have to sleep on the streets, so that they have something to eat and so they are not all alone. But all that does is enable the addict to decend further into the abyss. At some point the parent has to make an emotionally wrenching decision to withdraw that aspect of support. Support by way of withdrawing support.

Although the analogy is extreme, I think the point is evident.

Reactions: UTEP05 and allminer
The analogy is right on the button. After the Southern Louisiana loss I swore off the rest of this year's games. Still I went to the nmsu game. Never in my worst nightmares did I ever think I would witness such an empty and quiet arena involving the Miners and the Aggies. It hurts, but I can't go on supporting this program. A ticket doesn't come divided to show what part of the program you support ie, the players, not the coach. And suggesting everyone bring a fire Floyd sign is silly. That's just not going to happen. Good analogy Fanatic, better than the one I was thinking of, which involved Disneyland...ha, saved my ass.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The analogy is right on the button. After the Southern Louisiana loss I swore off the rest of this year's games. Still I went to the nmsu game. Never in my worst nightmares did I ever think I would witness such an empty and quiet arena involving the Miners and the Aggies. It hurts, but I can't go on supporting this program. A ticket doesn't come divided to show what part of the program you support ie, the players, not the coach. And suggesting everyone bring a fire Floyd sign is silly. That's just not going to happen. Good analogy Fanatic, better than the one I was thinking of, which involved Disneyland...ha, saved my ass.

LOL!

What really creeps up when the Cowboys are on top are the Cowboy haters. Where's your team at huh?

Ummm....still in wild cart slot.:)

I wonder if Kugler put a blue star on the helmets, would that bring out the El Pasoans?

What really creeps up when the Cowboys are on top are the Cowboy haters. Where's your team at huh?

I've never liked the Cowboys any year (when they were winning or not winning).

I always had favorite players and not teams.

I supported the Cowboys when they went 1-15, and I support UTEP now by buying season tickets.

I'm going to the tourney games this week caring, but not that much.

Floyd and his entire staff need to get the boot. Who we gonna hire?

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT