ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Lavar Ball

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
I dont think we have talked about him here. He had to come up at some point.

My question is has Utep ever had a parent like him? Or have any of you had a experience with a parent like him?

I actually had a kid that I coached who was really good at Santa Teresa. One of the best players in New Mexico. Sent film on him everywhere during his junior year. Mike Price and Rocky Long both came to our games. He had an offer from NMSU. Dad comes into my office and is saying, "Where's Texas, where's Notre Dame and USC?" I told him, 'we got him an offer, your son is good but not THAT good.'

He ends up pulling him out of ST and taking him to Burges, he has an good year there, they didn't run spread so his numbers went way down. He played safety, WR, and returned punts. But never received another offer. After playing a year at NMSU he bounced around and ended up playing lower division football.

The father is bat shit crazy. That poor kid will have a bullseye from head to toe. You do not do that to your child and you do not provoke NBA players.

This crap would never fly with Haskins. Now local players have complained for years and years about Haskins not giving a fair shot which in my opinion is totally baseless for legal and practical purposes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT