ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MBB Transfer Portal

Pretty amazing that Hamilton will be at his fourth school in five years. And if he graduates this year, he can get another waiver to play immediately. He hasn't had to sit out a year yet. Free agency at its best.
The sad thing is, what has he gained transferring from school to school. Do you think he’s close to earning a degree transferring so often?

The sad thing is, what has he gained transferring from school to school. Do you think he’s close to earning a degree transferring so often?
I would say yes. Otherwise, he would likely need to sit out the year. It wouldn't make sense to leave WKU. All these schools have to maintain "academic progress" for APR purposes. It is just part of the game to keep these guys eligible.

A lot of schools have a requirement of having completed at least half your courses (or some other percentage) at their school to allow a student to earn a degree from that school. There are limits to the number of credit you can transfer and still count towards your degree.

Unless you go to Full Sail University or Bob Jones University (it exists and their classes do not transfer or not recognized for federal reasons), probably so if the player doesn't go "Full Tommy Boy" and manages their classes towards their degree plan but sadly, it does not happen. The school athletics have advisors specific to their attainment and if you have a coach, say like Coach Kugler, who is very insistent on a player having a plan towards graduating and have their ducks in a row, "I's" dotted and "T's" crossed, there really is no excuse so when that players goes from college to college, they can graduate "where they laid their head down".

I’m just saying because 16 years ago when I graduated from UTEP there were athletes getting their degrees who finished their eligibility several years prior. Obviously I don’t know their situations but I know some guys were taking trash classes to maintain eligibility when they were playing. And if you transfer multiple times there has to be issues with classes transferring and degree plans changing.

I’m just saying because 16 years ago when I graduated from UTEP there were athletes getting their degrees who finished their eligibility several years prior. Obviously I don’t know their situations but I know some guys were taking trash classes to maintain eligibility when they were playing. And if you transfer multiple times there has to be issues with classes transferring and degree plans changing.
I know what you're saying. I was kind of emphasizing that point. Loading up on trash classes makes it more possible to graduate...even after having attended 4 different universities.

I'll be happy with Davis, Broome, and Lofton.
Dang. We could load up on transfers from CUSA alone.

I like Aimaq and Bates for a big. I still think Kennedy can run the point so we still would need a starting PG and/or SG and a lot more depth. Evans is gonna have to be thrown into the fire. Maybe we could trade Shannon or Ramey for Boum.

It seems like a lot of the top transfers are holding out for the best NIL deals. If so. Recruiting season could be extended late into summer.

Dang. We could load up on transfers from CUSA alone.

I like Aimaq and Bates for a big. I still think Kennedy can run the point so we still would need a starting PG and/or SG and a lot more depth. Evans is gonna have to be thrown into the fire. Maybe we could trade Shannon or Ramey for Boum.
Evans probably won’t even be on the roster. Forget about him

Reactions: Lil_Train
There a 2 ways to look at the Portal from a coaches perspective.
If you're an old school coach (Floyd?) who want's to develop team chemistry, etc, the Portal would be a nightmare.
If you're a younger coach who can adapt to changing situations (Golding?), the Portal can be like a kid in a candy store with uncountable flavors. So many to choose from and so many options,

Our only hope for next year is leaving. Golding will have to deal with a brand new squad next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT