ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Thread

Prescott's Franchise Tag is 37.7 million for 2021. Hes not playing for a dollar less
Let him hit the free agent market and see if he gets that. That is a price the Cowboys can't afford.

How much would it cost to get Stafford to come to the Cowboys? It may be the same, but it is worth looking into.

Knowing Jerry, he will think signing him is the fix all, and it will be for 40 plus with a ton guaranteed and cost us a huge cap hit where we cannot afford to do what we need to do. Hey, who cares if we go a few more years without a divisional playoff win. It has only been 25. Jerry knows what he is doing.

Reactions: Taco1977
With the surrounding cast, you need a game manager more than anything else. You do not need a superstar.

Now in saying that, if the O-line is not re-built and Jerry relies on the injured players coming back and thinks everything is going to be fantastic, you will need a QB that is very mobile and can run. Dak is that guy.

If you look at Dak's numbers though, he has been a middle of the pack QB. Which is fine for the Cowboys right now, at 15-20 million a year.

Ryan tannehill makes damn near 30 million a year. There's no way in hell you're getting Dak Prescott to sign for anything less than 35. Other than someone on a rookie deal I can't think of a starting quarterback that's making 15 to 20 million a year.

Hate the Cowboys, but I think they should try and trade up to get one of top qb’s and then fix the rest of their problems with the freed up money. I don’t think paying Dak 35plus is going to help your boys.
Dak will get that, but should be with another team.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Ryan tannehill makes damn near 30 million a year. There's no way in hell you're getting Dak Prescott to sign for anything less than 35. Other than someone on a rookie deal I can't think of a starting quarterback that's making 15 to 20 million a year.
This list tells you how terrible the cap hit for the Cowboys is right now for Dak. (the real importance is how it affects your cap) He is the highest at 31. Tannehill makes 22. Ryan makes 18, and Stafford 21. Brady 25. Jerry has put the Cowboys behind the 8 ball and looking to bury us under cement. Crappiest President and GM in the league.

This list tells you how terrible the cap hit for the Cowboys is right now for Dak. (the real importance is how it affects your cap) He is the highest at 31. Tannehill makes 22. Ryan makes 18, and Stafford 21. Brady 25. Jerry has put the Cowboys behind the 8 ball and looking to bury us under cement. Crappiest President and GM in the league.

Jerry is a crappy GM, but QB contracts getting out of control is a league wide issue. Ben roethlisberger is going to make 41 million next year. That dude is complete trash and a rapist!

Jerry is a crappy GM, but QB contracts getting out of control is a league wide issue. Ben roethlisberger is going to make 41 million next year. That dude is complete trash and a rapist!
You are right. Here is the updated Cap numbers. Mahomes at 24 seems like a good deal to me. But a ton of them went up.

Rams have to win the super bowl now! Otherwise, they gave up draft capital to be right where they already are. The lions as usual got jack out of this. Essentially, two second round picks, a third round pick and a quarterback that is nowhere near as good as the one they already had, but will cost them more cap space for longer.

Rams have to win the super bowl now! Otherwise, they gave up draft capital to be right where they already are. The lions as usual got jack out of this. Essentially, two second round picks, a third round pick and a quarterback that is nowhere near as good as the one they already had, but will cost them more cap space for longer.
Do you mean 2 1st round picks?

At least the Rams, who have done better with Goff (made a Super Bowl) than the Cowboys have done with Dak went out and did something. If they did not believe they could win with Goff, then give them credit as they went out and made the change.

Statistically, Dak is the better QB slightly:

This is what teams do to improve rather than just do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. I give them credit as they did win a playoff game this year.

Essentially, yes they are comparable QB's. What stands out to me is the lack of game winning drives by Goff. Even Dak has more than Goff. 38 to 8. (Stafford to Goff). (14 to 8 with Dak) Stafford has played more games, but still that stands out.

Stafford looks to be the slightly better QB, and maybe they are thinking that with Goff's surrounding cast compared to Stafford's, that Stafford can flourish there.

This is an interesting article on Goff that explains why the got rid of him that I think is an interesting read: Basically said Goff is a limited QB that requires micromanaging among other things.

This is an interesting article on Goff that explains why the got rid of him that I think is an interesting read: Basically said Goff is a limited QB that requires micromanaging among other things.
So maybe the Cowboys should sign Dak and then trade him next year for two 1st round draft picks and another QB.

Essentially, yes they are comparable QB's. What stands out to me is the lack of game winning drives by Goff. Even Dak has more than Goff. 38 to 8. (Stafford to Goff). (14 to 8 with Dak) Stafford has played more games, but still that stands out.

Stafford looks to be the slightly better QB, and maybe they are thinking that with Goff's surrounding cast compared to Stafford's, that Stafford can flourish there.

Stafford is hands down a better quarterback. He played with absolute garbage in Detroit. Goff had the luxury of not only having one of the best running games in the league, he also had very good wide receivers. Stafford has had one running back go over a thousand yards his entire career. Don't even get me started on the wide receivers since Calvin Johnson left. Part of it is his fault though. He could have done like Tom Brady and taken less money, but I doubt the front office there would have known what to do with it.

Stafford is hands down a better quarterback. He played with absolute garbage in Detroit. Goff had the luxury of not only having one of the best running games in the league, he also had very good wide receivers. Stafford has had one running back go over a thousand yards his entire career. Don't even get me started on the wide receivers since Calvin Johnson left. Part of it is his fault though. He could have done like Tom Brady and taken less money, but I doubt the front office there would have known what to do with it.
Detroit inherits $101 Mil for Goff. Stafford wants a legit shot to the Super Bowl and the Rams are such a team. Goff can get Detroit at least a whiff at a Wildcard spot. Rams have the D to get to the SB, Detroit does not.

I wonder if people will start trying to trash his character for requested to get out of the organization while still under contract. 🤔
I would say no. Different circumstances. He is not asking for more money. Also if Houston had said no then he would have played his year for Houston as usual.

I would say no. Different circumstances. He is not asking for more money. Also if Houston had said no then he would have played his year for Houston as usual.

Different circumstance then whom? If you're talking about DeShaun Watson, he wasn't asking for more money either. Also, we have no idea if he would have played out the rest of his contract, pure speculation. What we do know, is that he had publicly criticized the organization and asked them to let him go. Not really any different at all. But I do agree with you that he will not be criticized.

Reactions: develman
Different circumstance then whom? If you're talking about DeShaun Watson, he wasn't asking for more money either. Also, we have no idea if he would have played out the rest of his contract, pure speculation. What we do know, is that he had publicly criticized the organization and asked them to let him go. Not really any different at all. But I do agree with you that he will not be criticized.
Well personally I didn't criticize Watson. I dont think he deserves it either. Wasn't sure who you were comparing too.

If you are referring to this whole charade as a race issue then just go ahead and say it. I won't mind.

Reactions: kickballpro
Well personally I didn't criticize Watson. I dont think he deserves it either. Wasn't sure who you were comparing too.

If you are referring to this whole charade as a race issue then just go ahead and say it. I won't mind.

Oh no, I'm talking about the national media. I never thought you in any way were making a statement one way or the other. They have been killing Watson. Even ex pros have come out against him. I'm just saying I bet they don't say boo about JJ.

I wonder if people will start trying to trash his character for requested to get out of the organization while still under contract. 🤔

Dashaun Watson is an elite level franchise QB. He led the league in passing yards this year. In a QB driven league where you give up on guys after 2 years or so, when you get THAT guy, why would you let him go? Every GM dreams of that kinda of QB draft pick.

Watt is an aging star who has had some injuries and appears to be on the downside of his career. If he were still a Khalil Mack type player on a Rookie Deal like was the case with Mack, the scenario would unfold differently.

Dashaun Watson is an elite level franchise QB. He led the league in passing yards this year. In a QB driven league where you give up on guys after 2 years or so, when you get THAT guy, why would you let him go? Every GM dreams of that kinda of QB draft pick.

Watt is an aging star who has had some injuries and appears to be on the downside of his career. If he were still a Khalil Mack type player on a Rookie Deal like was the case with Mack, the scenario would unfold differently.

Do you think the different stages of their career justifies the different treatment for the players?

Do you think the different stages of their career justifies the different treatment for the players?

Yes, 25 in your prime is much different then 32 who hasn't finished 3 of the last 5 seasons.

2014 JJ Watt isn't getting released upon request.

Yes, 25 in your prime is much different then 32 who hasn't finished 3 of the last 5 seasons.

2014 JJ Watt isn't getting released upon request.

Why would the media care about the different stages of their careers? They have no stake in where they play. Even if they did have a stake in where they play, I don't see how that would justify character assassinations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT