ADVERTISEMENT

OT - NMSU vs. LA. TECH on CBS sports network

312MinerFan

Rookie
Sep 15, 2018
Two teams that beat the Miners and have better players and coaches than the Miners.

Are athletic fees an issue for these two teams?

Liberty won't last long in the CUSA Conference, they'll bust a move like UTSA, it's the way the world goes.
Nah. Liberty was unwanted. Liberty is only in CUSA because there were no other options. Liberty offered CUSA like $10M to join several years ago and CUSA said no thanks.

They will still be unwanted after winning CUSA lite.

Overrated Jerry Kill wins again.
Assuming they win 1 more CUSA game, they will make a 2nd straight bowl. Have a winning conference record and have beat their two biggest rivals on the road.

Something UTEP administration and fans like 2Step will tell you is impossible to do in only 6 seasons, but NMSU found a guy to do it in 2.

Loved the way Coach Kill was in the face of DB no. 2. The knucklehead kid committed two personal fouls at the end of the game. Kill stalked the kid down, tore him a new one and then let the coaches get a piece of the kid too. Imagine Dismel doing that? Never!! That big tub of goo only runs fast to the dinner table.

NMSU won 8 games in the four years prior to Kill. Now they’ve won 13 with opportunities for more in his first two years.

UTEP won 16 games in the four years prior to Dimel. After 2 years he was 2-22. Shit it took Dimel five years before he finally hit 13 wins.

Idk but on paper it looks like NMSU was the harder rebuild and has produced better results much faster.

Thank you Senter for wasting our time!

La Tech was slicing through the NMSU defense the entire first but that is La Tech under Cumbie, Jeckyll & Hyde. If Cumbie doesn't right their ship next year, he will be gone because LT expects to be in the conference hunt in November every year, unlike UTEP which hopes for rainbows and unicorns.

NMSU has a few DBs & LBs that know how to tackle in the open field. And the Aggie running backs were extremely effective in the 4th Qtr. We might be able find a handful of players on the Miner roster of that caliber but they're not being coached up like the Aggies. Plus their misdirection plays are very effective - a major reason why the Miners were held to 7 & Aggies taatooed the Miners for 28!!
Embarrassing, coach should be embarrassed but he's not, not while he's cashing paychecks!

It would be interesting as hell if somehow we won out. There is a snowballs chance in hell that would happen but what would the administration do in that case.
Imo NMSU can win 3 out of the last 4. It’s gonna be a showdown at Aggie Memorial in the season finale. Sold out crowd. Winner advances to the ship.

Imo NMSU can win 3 out of the last 4. It’s gonna be a showdown at Aggie Memorial in the season finale. Sold out crowd. Winner advances to the ship.
I am not sure if that’s correct. JSU is ineligible for the conference championship, so I don’t believe CUSA would allow them to play in the game and automatically allow probably Liberty to be the champions, regardless of the game result.

I am not sure if that’s correct. JSU is ineligible for the conference championship, so I don’t believe CUSA would allow them to play in the game and automatically allow probably Liberty to be the champions, regardless of the game result.
Good point. Hadn’t thought about that. I wonder if the league would give the championship spot to the third place team if JSU finished 2nd.

Good point. Hadn’t thought about that. I wonder if the league would give the championship spot to the third place team if JSU finished 2nd.
I’ve been trying to look and haven’t found anything. NMSU is certainly in the drivers seat if they beat MTSU

Reactions: JCorona
Yes that would be the case. It happened last year with JMU being their division champs and being passed up since they were ineligible. A third place NMSU with JSU in second would set up Liberty vs NMSU for the championship with Liberty having home field advantage.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Yes that would be the case. It happened last year with JMU being their division champs and being passed up since they were ineligible. A third place NMSU with JSU in second would set up Liberty vs NMSU for the championship with Liberty having home field advantage.
Liberty would need to lose 2 games and NMSU win out to not have Liberty host. Very unlikely.

WKU has the easier path to the Championship game. NMSU has to win at the Hill or have wku be upset by the likes of UTEP/FIU/SHSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT