ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

Good article:

Writing in 1949, Schlesinger argued that in a world divided between supporters of democracy and supporters of totalitarianism, the need for a muscular liberal party—and for an anti-fascist conservative party—was vital to the preservation of American institutions.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/07/10/democracy-slipping-hofstadter-schlesinger-498550
Trump isn't a fascist; he's a populist. The old Perot voters decided to identify as Republicans and nominated Trump with all the other Republicans splitting the vote.

What's the point of responding? His resume speaks for itself. As for the economy right now, he got bad advice but it's squarely on him. He fumbled the ball and now he has egg on his face.
His resume.....like the 45 years in political experience only to trash our country in less than a year and a half? This isn't bad advice 2step, it is his and his inner group's plan. He is on record saying we would get green sooner than later. Meh....
Let's address the fixed rate for mortgages. A pretty serious jump, no? How can any regular family in El Paso afford this? (I use EP cuz you deal with it)
Bottom line is he didn't drop the ball, this was his plan all along.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Not in the same sense that there are Trump fans. Trump fans will excuse his behavior and decisions no matter what. With no exception. To the point there were people actually drinking bleach. Biden supporters don’t have that same need to justify and/or excuse everything. President Biden should be held accountable. Most of the stuff in this thread are typical GOP clickbait’ish talking points but Biden is Commander in Chief and the buck stops with him.
I don't find ANY of inciter's posts to be "tyipcal GOP clickbaitish". In fact, I see things you don't see in the main stream media. He follows a lot of things on twitter I have never heard of. Getting facts about gas prices from other sources other than the White house talking heads is good to see. Reading posts from folks that have a different view is good. Read both sides and form your own opinion, not just believe 1 side is right because that's the party you are entrenched with.
Mista, it's obvious you are a democrat and that's cool. I like hearing your perspective because you don't blindly follow your party lines. You are open minded.
While Trump fans are, in some cases, over the top, you could also say Biden (democratic party as a whole) are as well. They will blindly follow their ideas without question and will defend it crazily. (repubs on guns is the same...ugh)
Keep posting dude. I enjoy the read...

Reactions: FeralFelidae
.....Trump could have succeed with his coup and some on here would be just fine with that. That's the sad and scary part.
Well, we will have to disagree. You are following your party lines while "some people on here" look at things more objectively.
I will discuss your "coup" attempt. I watched in disbelief as that all went down that day. I also never heard Trump say "take over the capital" or anything near that. The idiots that went in should be held accountable (notice I am not defending them at all?)
I do have other points though. Why is there footage of police opening the gates and doors and letting them walk in? If the FBI and capital police knew this protest was coming, why weren't they better prepared "just in case"? Why is it that the only person shot was an unarmed woman by capitol police? How is this a violent attack when the protestors didn't fire a shot? Again, I am not excusing it. Stand out front with signs, yell, camp out....cool....Why ya gotta go inside? And don't say because Trump told them too because that's just not true. (btw and the end of his speech that day, he did say to protest peacefully.

Reactions: Dmanminer
People like to find a scape goat for everything. We have the lowest unemployment rate in modern history. After a four year presidency that saw the xountry lose 3 million jobs, Biden has added more than 8.5 million jobs in Biden's first 16 months in office. Fundamentaly this is a very strong job market. Wages are UP across the board.

On foreign policy Biden bungled the Afganistan withdrawal. However, he brought the European allies together and NATO is stronger than ever. That's remarkable when considering NATO was at its weakest point 2 years ago. The war in Ukraine has been terrible. However, it has severely weakened the Russian military. In a little more than three months Russia has lost 33,000 troops, 1500 tanks, 200 planes, 175 helicopters and thousands of heavy artillery pieces. It will take them decades to rebuild their military capacity. They aren't going to run through Europe. They can barely go 50 kilometers in Eastern Ukraine. The degredation of the Russian military wouldn't have happened with out Biden supply billions in weapons and getting the NATO allies to give billions in weapons to Ukraine. I give Biden high marks on Ukraine.

As for inflation. It sucks. However, it wouldn't matter who the president was there would be inflation. The president doesn't control nor can he contain inflation. That is the job of the Fed. It also wouldn't matter who the president was we would have high gas prices. We don't have the refining capacity in this country to to quickly turn crude into gasoline. Every country has high gas prices and inflation right now this is not an American problem its a global issue.

No matter who the president was high gas prices and inflation would still be a reality. Unfortunately if you in a place like poor place El Paso bad economic times are magnified and the good times are never as good as they are throughout most of the rest of the country. I think q4 we'll start seeing prices stabilize.

People like to find a scape goat for everything. We have the lowest unemployment rate in modern history. After a four year presidency that saw the xountry lose 3 million jobs, Biden has added more than 8.5 million jobs in Biden's first 16 months in office. Fundamentaly this is a very strong job market. Wages are UP across the board.

On foreign policy Biden bungled the Afganistan withdrawal. However, he brought the European allies together and NATO is stronger than ever. That's remarkable when considering NATO was at its weakest point 2 years ago. The war in Ukraine has been terrible. However, it has severely weakened the Russian military. In a little more than three months Russia has lost 33,000 troops, 1500 tanks, 200 planes, 175 helicopters and thousands of heavy artillery pieces. It will take them decades to rebuild their military capacity. They aren't going to run through Europe. They can barely go 50 kilometers in Eastern Ukraine. The degredation of the Russian military wouldn't have happened with out Biden supply billions in weapons and getting the NATO allies to give billions in weapons to Ukraine. I give Biden high marks on Ukraine.

As for inflation. It sucks. However, it wouldn't matter who the president was there would be inflation. The president doesn't control nor can he contain inflation. That is the job of the Fed. It also wouldn't matter who the president was we would have high gas prices. We don't have the refining capacity in this country to to quickly turn crude into gasoline. Every country has high gas prices and inflation right now this is not an American problem its a global issue.

No matter who the president was high gas prices and inflation would still be a reality. Unfortunately if you in a place like poor place El Paso bad economic times are magnified and the good times are never as good as they are throughout most of the rest of the country. I think q4 we'll start seeing prices stabilize.

Its like I just read the notes from the WH press briefing

You really believe that it was Biden who got Europe to help with Ukraine! There was no way they were going to let Russia just walk in.
Biden stated over and over he was going to get rid of fossil fuels. Now he is following through with his words. The Dems are on high heaven with the price of gas. They believe if it makes the price so high , the public will stop using it. The technology and scale of economics doesn’t make this an overnight event. However if you put your wants and desire above the facts you hurt the general public. Not that there is a Democrat who cares about people.
The political parties have done a complete 180 over the last ten years. Democrats used to be the party of the working man, and Republicans were the rich and entitled. Man have thing changed.
Oh guess what, it takes fossil fuels to build the infrastructure for electric cars and electric power plants. But we don’t have to factor that into to pipe dreams of not using oil or coal. DRMs choose ignore the facts cause they believe Americans are to stupid to educate themselves about the Details.
Why do they fight against better schools and demand we thro more money at a failed education system. Keep the commoners ignorant so we can rule the country.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Look up the concept of the NAIRU.

Did you REALLY just try to give Biden credit for job growth? Are you serious right now? After the country was shut down (mainly by fauci's ignorance and the democrats) and now people are finally going back to work, you think that's job growth? Gotta be in the top 2 dumbest things you've ever posted. You sir, are a perfect example of a blind puppet.

Saying Dr Fauci was ignorant and calling Minerforlife a blind puppet? 🤔
Fauci wasn't ignorant, he still is. Barking out mandates and rules for a disease he knew nothing about is careless AND ignorant. Telling Americans we need to shut down for 2 weeks to flatten the curve was just trying to tell us to do something when he had no clue. Making us wear masks everywhere when there still is no proof they are the tiniest bit effective was/is wrong. I would respect him if he had come out and said "Look, we don't have enough data on this NEW disease, but let's try these things". Vaccines were supposed to help IF you got Covid. So why was Fauci pushing for vaccine mandates to go to work? It was NEVER stated it would prevent you from getting it nor will it prevent you from transmitting it. Fauci would sit up their on his high horse an dictate what we MUST do, yet he didn't follow the same rules. Why? Because he knows nothing about this disease. It's a guess.

And anyone that blindly follows a particular party (either one) is in fact a blind puppet.

So how's YOUR monday? LOL

I know as a bar owner that the shutdown and all the mandates hurt you. I get that. There’s just so much rhetoric, biased opinion, and assumptions in your post that it is best to simply say we disagree on Dr Fauci. I followed his recommendations and I am blessed to say I never got Covid.

I’ve always said to vote and support those that represent your needs and values. For me, that’s led me to vote for people on both sides of the aisle. I’ll never vote simply to support a political party. That said, I’ve never voted for a Republican for President.

I can see why you post some of the things you do (as a bar owner). I agree with almost nothing you say but I respect your point of view. You have to support those that represent your needs.

I know as a bar owner that the shutdown and all the mandates hurt you. I get that. There’s just so much rhetoric, biased opinion, and assumptions in your post that it is best to simply say we disagree on Dr Fauci. I followed his recommendations and I am blessed to say I never got Covid.

I’ve always said to vote and support those that represent your needs and values. For me, that’s led me to vote for people on both sides of the aisle. I’ll never vote simply to support a political party. That said, I’ve never voted for a Republican for President.

I can see why you post some of the things you do (as a bar owner). I agree with almost nothing you say but I respect your point of view. You have to support those that represent your needs.
I too have never gotten Covid, and work with the public everyday. I know many who have, and some passed away. I truly believe that some people have a natural immunity.
Just my belief have never read any science on this.
Whatever are beliefs and political leanings we need to work together to get over this mess.

Well, you are wrong. I am not basing my opinions from owning a bar and how it affected me. I take all info I can get and form a rational common sense opinion. In the beginning of Covid, I watched all the daily briefings and trusted the "experts" to lead us thru all this. I locked down, wore a mask, and even got the vaccine as did my wife. Hey. it's a new thing and no one knows for sure, right? Better safe than sorry/dead. However, as time went on I started wondering things such as....if masks are so effective, why is it that the entire world was masked up yet it spread like wildfire? If lockdowns are effective, why didn't it slow down when most of the world shut down? The most important question I had was if this virus is so new and an unknown, how are the "experts" so sure what they say is absolutely correct? They don't.
When my bar was opened back up, I once again followed all the guideline the so called experts set. Staff masked up, we cleaned thoroughly daily, had sanitizing stations everywhere. I didn't even bat an eye at it. In 5 months. one staffer got it. I worked closely with her daily and never got it. I have a good friend that stayed in his house for damn near a year. Worked from home. Got Wal Mart delivery once a month. He would even wear a mask in his house alone. Got a horrible case of covid and was in the ICU. How's that? There's a LOT of unknowns still but the experts won't say that.
Like I said, we got the vaccine last year. It was widely stated the vaccine is NOT to prevent you from catching it nor a cure once you have it. Fauci himself said numerous times it would assist your immune system to fight it off once you do have it, possibly saving your life. With that being said, why would they mandate vaccines for employees? Where's the logic?
My point is this, 2 years into this and no one really knows for sure how it is spread. No one is admitting the best treatment.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I am not assuming but I do question. I am not biased at all. If ANY of what they dictated worked, why isn't there proof? Questioning is always a good thing.

I also question big pharma, the government, and hospitals during all this. It's been stated that Fauci has links to China. Is this true? I don't know. However, all the "free" vaccines are paid for how? Why are the makers making record profits? Who is paying the fees going to hospitals for covid treatments?

I am not hardcore anything. I ask questions because I would like to make a decision based on common sense. I guess I read you wrong, Mista, as I felt you were more open minded. It's now obvious you are only one side. You are making assumptions without actually reading what I type.

But whatevs.....I'm gonna keep doing me. #cheers #whereeverybodyknowsyourname
Peace!

I also question big pharma, the government, and hospitals during all this. It's been stated that Fauci has links to China. Is this true? I don't know. However, all the "free" vaccines are paid for how? Why are the makers making record profits? Who is paying the fees going to hospitals for covid treatments?

Who do you think is paying for the free vaccines? What credible person has “linked” Fauci to China? Are you insinuating that Fauci is some kind of puppet from the Chinese government?

Well, I believe the government is paying for the vaccines, which means we are still going to pay for it in taxes. Same with the baby formula we "had to have shipped in".

If you learn to read, nowins, I said it has been stated Fauci had links to China. I didn't say it was a fact. I also followed it up with "Is this true?" and additionally "I don't know"
I honestly do believe Fauci, as well as others in government, are getting paid by China, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, etc for connections. Fact? I haven't seen it. It's MY belief, that's all. It seems logical since all them fools are rich off a relatively low amount of income.

The entire world was never masked up. Never. From day one, for the simple fact that Joe Biden was President, hundreds of thousands never wore a mask. The same goes for adhering to a lockdown or quarantine. The same goes for the vaccine. Hundreds of thousands of people chose a political side first then looked at the science through red tinted glasses. We absolutely cannot say masks or lockdowns don’t work because we never 100% committed to it.

The entire world was never masked up. Never. From day one, for the simple fact that Joe Biden was President, hundreds of thousands never wore a mask. The same goes for adhering to a lockdown or quarantine. The same goes for the vaccine. Hundreds of thousands of people chose a political side first then looked at the science through red tinted glasses. We absolutely cannot say masks or lockdowns don’t work because we never 100% committed to it.
Sorry Mista, scientist’s have proven the masks most people wear did not prevent Covid. Not many were wearing N95 medical masks.

Well, I believe the government is paying for the vaccines, which means we are still going to pay for it in taxes. Same with the baby formula we "had to have shipped in".

If you learn to read, nowins, I said it has been stated Fauci had links to China. I didn't say it was a fact. I also followed it up with "Is this true?" and additionally "I don't know"
I honestly do believe Fauci, as well as others in government, are getting paid by China, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, etc for connections. Fact? I haven't seen it. It's MY belief, that's all. It seems logical since all them fools are rich off a relatively low amount of income.
Who has stated Fauci “had links to China” then? How would those countries benefit from “buying” Fauci and other government officials? What has China gained from “spreading COVID”? Allegedly.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Who has stated Fauci “had links to China” then? How would those countries benefit from “buying” Fauci and other government officials? What has China gained from “spreading COVID”? Allegedly.
WWho has stated Fauci “had links to China” then? How would those countries benefit from “buying” Fauci and other government officials? What has China gained from “spreading COVID”? Allegedly.
Weakling the rest of the world.Their goal is to be the #1 economy and the nation that others come to for help.

Sorry Mista, scientist’s have proven the masks most people wear did not prevent Covid. Not many were wearing N95 medical masks.

Technically, you are correct. However, the entire world DID have mandatory mask guidelines. Naturally there will be SOME resistance GLOBALLY (not just biden haters bro) but the masks did NOT slow it down much if any. Most of the world had lockdowns. A lot of countries with the most strict lockdowns still had massive spread and death. In the USA, our lockdowns were only economy killing, cuz you know, liquor stores are essential in shit.
And as for your last two sentences....it's impossible to have a true lockdown because fire fighters, police, EMS and oh let's not forget politicians house parties must continue. "We" didn't 100% commit? What about the other countries that went even harder than us and per capita their covid rates were higher?
To me and all of my friends, this wasn't a political issue. I saw hardcore lockdowns and mask mandates all over the world. I still saw it spread like a fire in Ruidoso. Our political affiliation has ZERO to do with it. Apparently, you feel otherwise.
Like I have said, I know dozens of people that locked down completely. NEVER ventured out nor allowed people in and got covid. I have lost numerous friends from this crap, several were superstars in all sports growing up and joined the military. THIS.IS.NOT.POLITICAL.FOR.ME. Depending on who you are, you can always find articles or studies to back your opinion. I read things from every angle and listen to differing opinions to help me make my OWN decisions. Listening to a knuckhead like Samiengo is borderline idiotic. There is a Dr. from Texas Tech Dr obi something or other that used to go on KVIA at least twice a week. He's a local disease specialist. While he initially backed Fauci, his stance changed over time. How am I any different?

You can remain hardcore in your stance dude, but it doesn't mean you are right. I have my opinions, doesn't mean they are right either. I question everything anymore. I have trust issues nowadays.

Oh c'mon man. You are just picking to fight.
You don't think top US officials get kickbacks from other countries for providing products, services, people? You seriously aren't that naive, are you? I believe MOST politicians (both sides) get paid by foreign countries.
I didn't say China spread covid. It started there, but probably out of being careless.

Then you must not understand business at all if you can be a business owner and vote dem. That’s like slapping yourself in the face.

Then you must not understand business at all if you can be a business owner and vote dem. That’s like slapping yourself in the face.
I am left of center but there are some GOP congress folks who I would think would be POTUS material. Problems is the "wing nut side" wants the power of the presidency like a hobo wants a ham sandwich.

Reactions: MistaBinks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT