ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

$3.79 at a Circle K on Lee Trevino yet $3.11 at the Sams on Pellicano. The neighborhood Walmart was $3,56 but a 7-11 across the street was $3.19. Kind of wild.
When I lived in EP the Circle K in my neighborhood at Zaragoza and Vista Del Sol always seemed to have the lowest price in the city.

It was 3.23 for about a week, ( circle k) then overnight went to 3.79. Funny there is still one station selling it at 3.25.

If anybody (besides the borrower) is being asked to pay for this student loan debt, it should be the universities that keep increasing their ridiculous tuition costs well beyond the rate of inflation, certainly not the taxpayers. This is going to piss off people who never went to college or who paid off their loans. This is a tax on the working class to subsidize the spoiled class.

This isn't going to do anything to fix the problem. When the government sticks its neck in to subsidize things, it causes market distortions, unintended consequences. When something is subsidized, you get more of it. It's a basic economic rule. That goes for student loans. Let's take a step back and think about how we got here.

It just seems to me that getting rid of the interest would have been the smart thing to do. Not forgive 10,000 dollars. This does nothing in the long term.
It’s all about getting them midterm votes. It’s all about turning heads away from Biden’s dumpster fire.

Russia has to move their jets out of Crimea. There were Russian assaults the past few days that Ukraine turned back. Putin is calling up 137,000 men but many are leaving or not signing up even with bonus money.

Historically speaking, when Georgia started acting stupid and took on Putin in 08, they did get their ass kicked but western military experts were stunned at the fact that small Georgian military with hardly any air
defense was able to knock out some Russian jets in the 12 day conflict.

Now it’s coming to light Russia is barely on par with smaller NATO countries. https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/putins-war-in-ukraine-unravels-russias-superpower-image-3281734

If Government Student Loans hurt minorities and prevent people from every living a great life etc.....

Then why have them?
The problem is, most borrowers don’t understand them or care to really learn about them. Some borrowers just believe that they need to go to college to get a good job. Others made poor choices to attend expensive colleges. Others made poor choices in their degree path. Others made all those mistakes.

College isn’t for everyone, just something crammed down everyone’s throats for the last 30 years. If you aren’t too smart and know you don’t like school, you probably shouldn’t go to college. You are better off at a trade school. Go to school for automotive or air conditioning repair. You will never be CEO of your own company, but you weren’t going to anyway by going to UTEP and leaving after 2 or 3 years. You will have less debt and will be earning “good” money a lot sooner than those struggling through college.

Remember the movie "Fury"? This is the real thing (Well, Fury is based on tank driver WWII testimony). I am so glad Ukraine is kicking their ass.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
That wonderful feeling of hope when the boys are back after kicking out the gangsters.

What's your obsession with Ukraine? Let.it.go. Seriously, Ukraine has a small impact on us. Obviously you lefties were escared of Putin for no reason. We have our own domestic terrorist ruining our country from the white house. Focus on him. Our country is going to hell in a handbasket and you don't even see it.
Not like I can open your eyes.....however, inflation is at its worst, unemployment is rising still (even with the white house claiming they are creating new jobs....pssst people going BACK to work is NOT job creation), big pharma is getting rich off our dime doing useless vaccines (WE are paying them for the jabs, they aren't doing it for free), taxes are going up, more IRS agents are hired to come after the little man, and you still worry about Ukraine and Trump....I mean seriously....

This thread needs to go away....

taxes are going up, more IRS agents are hired to come after the little man.

Show us where a person making under $400,000 per year is getting a tax hike.

Have you seen the requirements to be an IRS agent? How would they be able to hire a bunch? They can barely hire to replace those that are retiring or quitting.

More “extreme” rightist rhetoric.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Not going back and forth with the local argumentative troll.

Naturally you want examples so you can counter.....I will say this....I am making less than 400k and my tax rate went up.

Biden is hiring 87,000 new IRS agents — and they’re coming for you​

I'm POSITIVE 87,000 agents didn't retire. I am also POSITIVE the newbies aren't trained well enough to go after the like of Trump, Polosi, Biden, etc......They will focus on you and me.....bet yo damn ass!

Reactions: Dmanminer
Not going back and forth with the local argumentative troll.

Naturally you want examples so you can counter.....I will say this....I am making less than 400k and my tax rate went up.

Biden is hiring 87,000 new IRS agents — and they’re coming for you​

I'm POSITIVE 87,000 agents didn't retire. I am also POSITIVE the newbies aren't trained well enough to go after the like of Trump, Polosi, Biden, etc......They will focus on you and me.....bet yo damn ass!

Show us where the tax rate increased.

Look at the qualifications to hire an IRS agent and see if 87,000 are sitting at home. It’s the equivalent of UTEP wanting 40,000 football season ticket holders. It’s not happening.

Let’s see that tax law where our Federal taxes were increased or are going to. You don’t want to go back and forth because you know your Alex Jones rhetoric will be debunked

The Inflation Reduction Act, signed into law this month by United States President Joe Biden, empowers the Internal Revenue Service with nearly $80 billion in new funds. The world’s most powerful tax collection agency is using the money to go on a hiring spree to fuel much tougher enforcement efforts.

It is widely assumed that the audits will be brutal and widespread. Taxes start with tax returns, which must be signed under penalties of perjury. The Biden administration has said that the audits on steroids are for fat cats who have escaped having to pay their fair share for too long. The administration has suggested the IRS would perform no new audits on anyone making less than $400,000 annually. Republicans tried to include that in the law, but every Senate Democrat voted against the amendment, as well as IRS audit protection for those earning less than $400,000.

In other words, American taxpayers at every income level are fair game regardless of income. So buckle up, and think about whether your taxes — and records — are vulnerable. How would they look under a microscope? Tax returns must be signed under penalties of perjury. What’s more, if you try to change that language, the IRS says it doesn’t count as a tax return — which means your statute of limitations on an audit never begins. You can be audited forever.

The Inflation Reduction Act, signed into law this month by United States President Joe Biden, empowers the Internal Revenue Service with nearly $80 billion in new funds. The world’s most powerful tax collection agency is using the money to go on a hiring spree to fuel much tougher enforcement efforts.

It is widely assumed that the audits will be brutal and widespread. Taxes start with tax returns, which must be signed under penalties of perjury. The Biden administration has said that the audits on steroids are for fat cats who have escaped having to pay their fair share for too long. The administration has suggested the IRS would perform no new audits on anyone making less than $400,000 annually. Republicans tried to include that in the law, but every Senate Democrat voted against the amendment, as well as IRS audit protection for those earning less than $400,000.

In other words, American taxpayers at every income level are fair game regardless of income. So buckle up, and think about whether your taxes — and records — are vulnerable. How would they look under a microscope? Tax returns must be signed under penalties of perjury. What’s more, if you try to change that language, the IRS says it doesn’t count as a tax return — which means your statute of limitations on an audit never begins. You can be audited forever.
Prior to Biden, everyone wasn’t fair game for an audit?

Gotta read up winnerboy....you are lost in the leftist cloud....

Peace out.....gotta sell some brewskies....

Show us where the tax rate increased.

Look at the qualifications to hire an IRS agent and see if 87,000 are sitting at home. It’s the equivalent of UTEP wanting 40,000 football season ticket holders. It’s not happening.

Let’s see that tax law where our Federal taxes were increased or are going to. You don’t want to go back and forth because you know your Alex Jones rhetoric will be debunked

The tax rates are going up because the tax cuts are set to adjust this tax cycle and will increase each year until 2025 when they completely expire from the Tax Cut Act.

Reactions: colominer
The tax rates are going up because the tax cuts are set to adjust this tax cycle and will increase each year until 2025 when they completely expire from the Tax Cut Act.
A tax cut expiring is not a “tax hike” then correct? It’s just restoring the taxes to their previous levels.

Again, rhetoric that Trumpsters believe is raising taxes.

A tax cut expiring is not a “tax hike” then correct? It’s just restoring the taxes to their previous levels.

Again, rhetoric that Trumpsters believe is raising taxes.

Didn't say there is a tax hike. You asked 'Show us where the Tax Rate Increased' and I am just saying its increasing as the Tax Cuts expire. Just making a statement

Didn't say there is a tax hike. You asked 'Show us where the Tax Rate Increased' and I am just saying its increasing as the Tax Cuts expire. Just making a statement
How did it “increase”, if it’s returning back to the way it was? That is not an “increase”.

If your employer temporarily deducted money from your paycheck and then stops the deductions, did you get a pay raise?

Guess you just like paying more money to the government.
Wasn’t it you arguing with Corona about paying 100 dollars for game tickets?

Reactions: kickballpro
Guess you just like paying more money to the government.
Wasn’t it you arguing with Corona about paying 100 dollars for game tickets?
I don’t, but I also believe in facts. Just because “taxes are going up”, doesn’t mean I agree with or like it, but I believe that someone arguing that they are “rising”, actually show that they are.

Just like with the IRS thing, they can try to hire 1,000,000 agents, they aren’t going to be able to get that number. Go look at the qualifications and see what it takes to become one. They’re not getting that number, and it’s equally ridiculous to believe that they are hiring them to pick on the “middle class”. That is pure rhetoric. Besides, if you’re doing the right thing, who cares if you get audited?

I don’t hate Trump, I don’t like Trump. I don’t hate Biden, I don’t like Biden. I do hate when people try to pass baseless thoughts as facts.

Your probably right about not be unable to hire that many agents, so what are they going to do with our money that is supposed to go towards that program.
Guarantee it’s going to be spent, but we will never know for what.
Why waste taxpayers money going after people who don’t have much.

cointelegraph.com? Who the fvck is that you are quoting in your post? Typical of you, 1966. You've been a faithful Tяump cultist and seem to be dedicated to continuing your cultism.

How about a counter view from Time magazine? A long published and -- I dare say -- long respected publication.

Here's what they have to say:

Trump Allies Are Attacking Biden For a Plan to Hire 87,000 New IRS Agents That Doesn't Exist​

Since news broke on Monday that the FBI searched former President Donald Trump’s South Florida home, Republican members of Congress and right-wing media figures have launched a new line of attack against Democrats: that the Internal Revenue Service intends to use nearly $80 billion in new funding to pursue similar intrusions on average Americans. Those dollars, Trump allies are saying, will go toward the hiring of 87,000 new IRS agents.

There’s only one problem. It’s not true.

---

Read some truth for yourself, 1966. Not KellyAnne Conway "alternative" truth. REAL truth. Click the link below for some reality:

REAL Truth

Well Tx, you spew the same garbage every time. You and that crap about me being a trump cultist is just flat out ignorant. I have stated flat out numerous times I don't like Trump, however that doesn't mean I believe crap the leftist spit out either.

Your attempt to bash me about where I grabbed a quote is laughable. I did a quick google search and that just happened to be an article that came up. Unlike you, I don't blindly believe what MSM puts out. I can't stand the fact that all you hear is ONE side and that is what they all want. Time magazine? Are you kidding me? That's your "source"? They are in business to sell copies (as is all media). They are on the left as well. I worked the the El Paso Times 20+ years. I sat in their daily meetings. They went from "what's the biggest story" to "how can we sell more advertising and copies" It was no longer about getting news and facts out. Read El Paso Matters. Bob Moore created it and was editor for the times. If you can't see how one sided he and his publication are, I feel for you.

As I googled more, only ONE link said the IRS statement wasn't true. TIME. It is estimated that out of the nearly 87,000 IRS positions that Biden snuck into the bill, only about 57% will get filled. You can't honestly believe they are going for the richest people when they get hired. They are coming for us!

I am all for differing opinions and views. I do hate when you get blinded by your hate of the mean orange man you lose the ability to think on your own. MSM has really done a horrible job. Why aren't they reporting every second about how Newsom is screwing California totally up? $20 minimum wage for a damn burger flipper? They sure the hell jump on Abbott if he blinks too hard. Why are all the hearings about the insurrection on live tv, yet not one word about Hillary's email crap or on Hunter's laptop? Why are they touting Beto's every move when he has done nothing worth mentioning in his political career, yet the only time Abbott gets a mention it's to criticize him? Notice how there are no indictments against Trump? A question I've had, since Trump had all these boxes of stuff, who the hell moved it there for him? He sure the shit didn't. And why haven't they been questioned or arrested? Why is it that the media focuses on the "job growth" when it's people going BACK to work after the country was shut down? Why is it that the media never dug into who was behind all the riots and money scams behind BLM yet they jump all over republican protests? No word from the media about us being in a recession. Why?

Again, I don't believe Trump is our answer. Two years later and everything in the media is Trump this or that.
Not trying to sway anyone. I would just love it when people would be more objective. I question anything and everything. It doesn't matter to me which side you roll.

Go ahead, dissect and attack....but for gawds sake, learn to think on your own...

Note: I am not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I do have the ability to think on my own without being force feed what to believe.

“Half of my boys dressed and wore Ukrainian uniforms because they were of better quality and comfort, while ours were worn out since our great country was unable to dress, equip, and feed its own army.”:oops:

Your probably right about not be unable to hire that many agents, so what are they going to do with our money that is supposed to go towards that program.
Guarantee it’s going to be spent, but we will never know for what.
Why waste taxpayers money going after people who don’t have much.
Who cares? They’re not going to refund you any money. So it really doesn’t matter what they spend it on. We all wish we could allocate what our money is spent on, but it doesn’t work that way, so don’t worry about it.

Prove to me “they” are only going to go after people who don’t have much. Let’s see an article that isn’t speculation and has actual details about who they are going to “target”. Not an opinion from some guy, let’s see some actual facts.

Who cares? They’re not going to refund you any money. So it really doesn’t matter what they spend it on. We all wish we could allocate what our money is spent on, but it doesn’t work that way, so don’t worry about it.

Prove to me “they” are only going to go after people who don’t have much. Let’s see an article that isn’t speculation and has actual details about who they are going to “target”. Not an opinion from some guy, let’s see some actual facts.
That's your go to line. Try some common sense. They are hiring thousands and thousands on new agents. Would it make sense for these new agents to go after Elon Musk being a new hire at the IRS? Or is it more logical that these new agents are going after easy pray that can't fight back? They want money, and fast. They aren't going after the wealthy. If they were, congress wouldn't have approved this because each and every one of them would be screwed. COMMON SENSE!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT