ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

You're making some good points. In England they got rid of alot of guns and they had mass stabbings.

The weapon of choice is the most commonly proposed solution. That's why I agree with you to a certain extent. In Schools we practice Lockdowns for these situtations once per month and have a yearly required training. The Hope for me is that the extra barrier gives the teachers time to Lockdown their students.

In my school. The Front Office was once in the Front. But they've spent millions on additions and now the front office is in the middle of the school and hard to find. Security Breaches our very common.
Here’s the thing. If he wasn’t able to purchase those guns, he would have found another way to carry on his chaos. It’s just easier to use guns.

We also need to give the school more teeth in dealing with dumbasses.

Get rid of them. If a kid is a POS, he shouldn't be given 8000 chances over 12 years. First Time he has a major malfunction, get rid of him. Tell the parents to go somewhere else. Maybe then parents will stand up to their POS kids.
This is where I’m at. The downturn schools have taken over the last 10 years is nothing short of amazing. I believe EVERYBODY has a right to an equal education…until they **** that up. What is not deserved, is the right to **** everybody else’s education up because a kid can’t keep it together.

We are operating from the lowest common denominator at this point. Instead of raising standards, which needs to happen, kids get the 8000 chances you alluded to. Because of that, even so called “good” kids see what they can get away with and schools are quickly becoming shit holes. Teachers are leaving in droves.

Continue providing the education, because they are kids after all, but do so from an alternative campus, no matter how full they get, and really make them earn their way back to the general setting.

Some of you guys, seem a bit “out of touch”. Sure, sending shitty kids to alternative schools is a great idea, but have you seen some of the people that are on the internet? Most people under 30 are shitty and they’re not going to let their kids get sent to alternative schools.

Aside from that, there are “leaders” that don’t publicly project that either. “Every” kid deserves this and this… That’s what we have been hearing for years. “Can’t give up on kids”, “You don’t know what they’re going through”.

Take a quick look at people under 21 and see how many of them “identify” themselves with pronouns and over share about it. This future group of kids is going to mess up this world even worse. School shootings are just the beginning.

Some of you guys, seem a bit “out of touch”. Sure, sending shitty kids to alternative schools is a great idea, but have you seen some of the people that are on the internet? Most people under 30 are shitty and they’re not going to let their kids get sent to alternative schools.

Aside from that, there are “leaders” that don’t publicly project that either. “Every” kid deserves this and this… That’s what we have been hearing for years. “Can’t give up on kids”, “You don’t know what they’re going through”.

Take a quick look at people under 21 and see how many of them “identify” themselves with pronouns and over share about it. This future group of kids is going to mess up this world even worse. School shootings are just the beginning.

I'm not even saying Alternative Schools. If you're at Franklin, and you suck. Tell the Parents EPISD is done with you. Then they would have to go to Canutillo or whatever. I think if a Parent has to drive 30 minutes a day to take their kid to school, then maybe that parent will start getting upset with their kid.

I don't know if their is one solution. This shooting makes me sick and I think its a multi-level approach. Start with school entry points, use some gun legislation, kick out the dumbasses, design schools that give kids a chance to learn a trade, make mental health care free,..etc.. There isn't one single solution to gun violence.

Reactions: Dmanminer
I could argue that the right to bare arms could help protect our children. Look at it this way, someone breaks into your house carrying an illegal gun. They shoot to kill you. You can't shoot back to protect you and your family because the second amendment has been taken away from you. That's where you want this to go?

We must get to the source. It is people that do NOT think straight. It is not taking away our guns, beto.
You don't need an AK or an AR 15 to protect your family. During war time these guns could come in handy, otherwise not needed. Yes my family members have them and they are fun, but I don't own those types of weapons. In regards to shootings and ownership there can be compromise. Age limits, deeper background checks, training requirements, etc. We don't have to take away all weapons. Just my thoughts.

I'm not even saying Alternative Schools. If you're at Franklin, and you suck. Tell the Parents EPISD is done with you. Then they would have to go to Canutillo or whatever. I think if a Parent has to drive 30 minutes a day to take their kid to school, then maybe that parent will start getting upset with their kid.

I don't know if their is one solution. This shooting makes me sick and I think its a multi-level approach. Start with school entry points, use some gun legislation, kick out the dumbasses, design schools that give kids a chance to learn a trade, make mental health care free,..etc.. There isn't one single solution to gun violence.

Things don’t work that way either. You’re assuming the parents have reliable transportation and a work schedule that allows them to do that. That doesn’t work and wouldn’t fly at any school unless said school is providing transportation to and from.

You pay taxes in EPISD, but you’ve been expelled to Canutillo. Find your own way here too! Nope, not happening. Good in theory, but unrealistic and never happening.

Reactions: kickballpro

I guarantee you it's on the horizon. It is beyond the point of parents "letting" their kids go to alternative school. Soon, it won't be a "choice".

Where I am, we are losing 30% of our teachers this year. Most to other professions. When we have to resort to hiring uneducated teachers to educate, change will come. It's on the horizon. Things are unsustainable as they are.

And when I say "alternative campus", I'm not necessarily talking about the traditional DAEP type campus, but I'm not necessarily not talking about that either. It has its place. Trade schools at earlier ages seem like a necessity also.

Last edited:
Where I am, we are losing 30% of our teachers this year. Most to other professions. When we have to resort to hiring uneducated teachers to educate, change will come. It's on the horizon. Things are unsustainable as they are.

Do you believe that someone with less than a bachelors degree is incapable of being an effective teacher?

I got sent to KEYS three times and turned out all right, kind of. I wasn't really a trouble maker except for smoking a little weed. Met a lot of connects throughout the east and lower valley. It was cool in a sense that I was never dry again.

You don't need an AK or an AR 15 to protect your family. During war time these guns could come in handy, otherwise not needed. Yes my family members have them and they are fun, but I don't own those types of weapons. In regards to shootings and ownership there can be compromise. Age limits, deeper background checks, training requirements, etc. We don't have to take away all weapons. Just my thoughts.
Training and safety requirements I can agree with. There are too many unsafe dumbasses with guns. Look at that idiot who shot his girlfriend in the desert. Shit head was live streaming and trying to be cool aiming at the camera. Unfortunately too many people view a gun as some sort of flex.
I wonder if a mandate on proper storage of firearms needs to be in place? If it’s your firearm only you should have access to it.

That’s good and all, but how is that defined? How can you REALLY prevent someone else from finding your hidden gun?
I’m not saying hide your gun. I’m talking gun safes, or at the least locking cables. But on the other hand I can see where people would say this takes away from having a weapon close in the event of a home invasion.

I’m not saying hide your gun. I’m talking gun safes, or at the least locking cables. But on the other hand I can see where people would say this takes away from having a weapon close in the event of a home invasion.

So I'm curious:

Has anyone here ever been home or arrived home during an attempted home invasion/robbery?

And if you answer "yes" to the first question:

Did you own a gun at the time?
Did you use your gun to stop or at least deter the crime?

I'll start: No. My home was robbed a couple of times years ago while a young NCO stationed in San Antonio but I was not at home either time.

Reactions: develman
Have you ever tried to check into a Holiday Inn Express at 2am? There are 2 sets of doors. You have to wait to be buzzed in, there are cameras on you, maybe even a phone, and 1 person. Doesn't sound too expensive.

The federal government spent approximately 3 million dollars on every school in El Paso on Shields for desk, hand sanitizer, masks, air filtration, etc...

A reception at each school doesn't cost that much.
Cool, now get conservatives to vote for the funding, I'll wait.

Do you believe that someone with less than a bachelors degree is incapable of being an effective teacher?
Not necessarily. But those who have a bachelors degree or higher have a certain level of proficiency.

How do you gauge that proficiency without having some sort of standard as the benchmark?

You can always go check out Santa Teresa HS, Chaparral, Gadsden, Sunland Park Elementary and see if a Deep Blue state in a poor community and see if your theory is true. Since Democrats care so much about the poor, disadvantaged, minorities, and the school system......the Gadsden District must be by far the nicest and best run schools in the area.
Didn't we just cover how much the Feds give to public schools(12%)? Most of them are funded by State funds and local taxes?

So I'm curious:

Has anyone here ever been home or arrived home during an attempted home invasion/robbery?

I'll start: No. My home was robbed a couple of times years ago while a young NCO stationed in San Antonio but I was not at home either time.
No gun. Lived in a bad part of Las Vegas, Lake Mead, and the Nellis area apartment. My girlfriend and I both worked the graveyard shift and so most nights the place was empty(besides our hyper Jack Russell). One night I was off and I dozed off watching TV When our dog started to bark and I saw the front door moving, the guy was trying to force the door open, totally on instinct I yelled: "come on in mother****er!" and I hear hurried footsteps going downstairs. I went to see who it was, but he/they had messed up the door so bad it wouldn't open. I had to take the door off its hinges so the maintenance guy could come in and "fix the door".

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Didn't we just cover how much the Feds give to public schools(12%)? Most of them are funded by State funds and local taxes?

Exactly. New Mexico schools are all owned by the state of NM and funded by the state. Based on what you said, their schools should be top notch.

I would say Guns are like 10% at fault for mass shootings. People keep ignoring the real problem. It's our society's fault. There was as any guns before Columbine and there wasn't any mass shootings. If I'm not mistaken the shooting at UT Austin was the only one?

But I blame our society right now. America loves guns, it's in our movies. Video games and in our music. XBOX, Microsoft. and Hollywood is just as much to blame than guns, if not more. First shooter games are basically training videos for these young kids.
That is the truth. BETO should also be going to Hollywood and XBOX headquarters and complaining there also.

Hiding or putting it in a gun cabinet, is the minimum you should have, especially if you have a “troubled” person living with you. However, that doesn’t really prevent them from acquiring your weapon. Slight bump in their plan. There’s no 100% “secure” method of keeping your gun out of someone else’s hands.

Reactions: FedupMiner
So I'm curious:

I’ve had some guys try to break into my car a month back and my dogs scared them off before anything could happen. I do own firearms but it never got to that point. Looking back it wouldn’t have been foolish for me to confront them armed because that could have turned into a mess. To me, confronting them outside would have been foolish because I don’t want to put my family in danger, especially if I’m running outside and the door’s unlocked behind me.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Not necessarily. But those who have a bachelors degree or higher have a certain level of proficiency.

How do you gauge that proficiency without having some sort of standard as the benchmark?
I am sure you work with some real idiots that graduated college. I once supervised someone that had a degree, that was so dumb and ill suited for her job, but was put ahead of others because of her degree. Graduating from college doesn’t mean you are a subject matter expert at anything. I have learned more by working than I ever did in college. Is my experience typical? Not sure.

How does one gauge proficiency currently? If I had to take a history test in 1 week are you saying it would be unlikely for me to learn enough or lock in on key points to get a respectable score on the test?

If you took a reasonably smart person off the street and gave them 1 day to learn about 1950 France, they would be unable to because they didn’t go or graduate from college?

When I was little, I would get bullied by these kids that knew Karate. And I lived in these apartments and there was an old man there who did maintenance. He taught me karate and I ended up beating up those same boys in a tournament. I learned a special kick that has no defense.

So I dont need a weapon

When I was little, I would get bullied by these kids that knew Karate. And I lived in these apartments and there was an old man there who did maintenance. He taught me karate and I ended up beating up those same boys in a tournament. I learned a special kick that has no defense.

So I dont need a weapon
Ok Fili!

To your point? Yes, you can be good at Karate even if you didn’t attend AB Karate school like others did.

I am sure you work with some real idiots that graduated college. I once supervised someone that had a degree, that was so dumb and ill suited for her job, but was put ahead of others because of her degree. Graduating from college doesn’t mean you are a subject matter expert at anything. I have learned more by working than I ever did in college. Is my experience typical? Not sure.

How does one gauge proficiency currently? If I had to take a history test in 1 week are you saying it would be unlikely for me to learn enough or lock in on key points to get a respectable score on the test?

If you took a reasonably smart person off the street and gave them 1 day to learn about 1950 France, they would be unable to because they didn’t go or graduate from college?

Bold point #
1. Absolutely
2. Hmm. Don’t even know what to say about that logic.

Have you ever worked beside a paraprofessional? Probably not. But I’ll tell you this, even though there are exceptions, there is a huge difference between most paras and most certified teachers. I’m sure you’ll find some bone to pick with that point even though you probably haven’t had first hand experience.

Next, I hope for your sake, your kids have the privilege of being taught by someone who has decided to take up teaching just because the standards were low enough for them to be able to do so. LMAO.

Maybe your vet can do any surgeries your family members might need. Or your bank teller can do your financial advising.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: develman
Bold point #
1. Absolutely
2. Hmm. Don’t even know what to say about that logic.

Have you ever worked beside a paraprofessional? Probably not. But I’ll tell you this, even though there are exceptions, there is a huge difference between most paras and most certified teachers. I’m sure you’ll find some bone to pick with that point even though you probably haven’t had first hand experience.

Next, I hope for your sake, your kids have the privilege of being taught by someone who has decided to take up teaching just because the standards were low enough for them to be able to do so. LMAO.
Well my point is, that maybe instead of school districts focusing on graduating from college, they should take a chance on those that actually want to teach. If you’re losing 30%, something will have to give. Usually it’s give more work to those left, then hire more people.

It’s a thought. Maybe there would be less kids who don’t give a shit, if they had better teachers. Not saying you and co-workers are, just saying, maybe it’s time to think outside the box. Just like any job, you can be taught something without having prior experience.

Last edited:

So I dont need a weapon

Used the old crane kick on that bully Johnny, eh? LOL. Good stuff.

So one of the common suggestions I've heard is that the country needs to better address mental health.

I agree with that sentiment but obtaining assistance appear to be difficult. Personally my insurance has made it difficult to see someone. Stories from family & friends have echoed the same experience.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Maybe your vet can do any surgeries your family members might need. Or your bank teller can do your financial advising.

Some vets couldn’t learn “simple” surgeries by sitting in and explained to them? They can only learn by going to college for 10 years?

Some bank tellers are incapable of learning about financial advising? They need to go take University 1301 and English 1325? You can only give good financial advice if you did a PowerPoint presentation about stocks in the 1980s? You can only learn about 401ks and 529 plans at UTEP? That information isn’t available for someone to learn online?

So one of the common suggestions I've heard is that the country needs to better address mental health.

I agree with that sentiment but obtaining assistance appear to be difficult. Personally my insurance has made it difficult to see someone. Stories from family & friends have echoed the same experience.
Probably not enough therapists to go around and you can only be helped by someone who went to college for 20 years. You cannot learn to be a therapist otherwise!

I was golfing with the Asst District Attorney late last summer and he was stating that most that go through the local criminal justice system have mental problems. The old adage of "I'm going to check myself into the county because I'm losing it" really doesn't apply anymore, there's extremely limited funds thanks to the state and boy does the tax payer pay for it. It is way more cost effective to treat someone with therapy and medicine than locking them up.

This is from 2011;
"Increased jail costs: Jailing an individual with a serious mental illness can cost taxpayers almost three times as much as jailing other inmates ($137 vs. $45 per day). In addition to costing more, inmates with mental illness also tend stay in jail longer than the general inmate population."

https://txcouncil.com/wp-content/up...based-Mental-Health-Services-Final-3-9-11.pdf

Reactions: MinerMambo
Probably not enough therapists to go around and you can only be helped by someone who went to college for 20 years. You cannot learn to be a therapist otherwise!
Always the one to take anything and everything out of context, exaggerate points, and mix in your own narrative. All that in addition to creating any and every diversion you can to avoid the main thrust of any point. Bravo, sir!! You are the best at something.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Always the one to take anything and everything out of context, exaggerate points, and mix in your own narrative. All that in addition to creating any and every diversion you can to avoid the main thrust of any point. Bravo, sir!! You are the best at something.
The NoWins way

36f.jpg

Reactions: MineroFanatico
You’re the one “complaining” about teachers leaving and how bad kids are. I gave a sensible “recommendation” on how it “could” be approved. Didn’t address it, just said “go have a vet do your family members surgery or let bank tellers give financial advice”.

Just because you go to college, doesn’t make you smart. Just because you didn’t finish college, doesn’t make you incapable of doing jobs that require a degree.

You’re the one “complaining” about teachers leaving and how bad kids are. I gave a sensible “recommendation” on how it “could” be approved. Didn’t address it, just said “go have a vet do your family members surgery or let bank tellers give financial advice”.

Just because you go to college, doesn’t make you smart. Just because you didn’t finish college, doesn’t make you incapable of doing jobs that require a degree.
Complaining? Or giving an opinion on the state of affairs? You’re the one who wanted to argue a point for the sake of what?

A sensible recommendation? You’d be ****ing laughed offstage dude. You give opinions about everything under the sun…many of which you seem largely uninformed about.

How many times does that last bolded point have to be typed on your keyboard? I agreed with it the first time you said it, yet I believe this is the third time you’ve said it.

The degree is a standard. I guarantee you, generally speaking, that the people who have degrees in schools are better equipped to teach than those who don’t. For reasons more than just ability to handle the content that comes with a degree.

You seem hell bent on playing devil’s advocate any situation you can. You’re right, a degree doesn’t make someone smart. And there are a lot of smart people without degrees. How many times need that be acknowledged for you to stop mentioning it?

Again, I hope your kids are taught by someone who can pass a single history test with a week’s worth of study. Seems to be what you want.

Ok, done beating that dead horse.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT