ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

I think for most of us, you take the Standard Deduction and then you either pay or get a refund. Its not that hard.

My biggest issue is that not everyone pay into the system. According to the Tax Policy Center, 57% of Americans paid a net of no Federal Income Tax.

If we are moving to a Scandanavian Model of Government, this has to change. In those Countries, everyone has skin in the game. Pay Something. We all use the services provided by the Federal Government and more than half the population uses them for Free.

Show us where a person making under $400,000 per year is getting a tax hike.

Have you seen the requirements to be an IRS agent? How would they be able to hire a bunch? They can barely hire to replace those that are retiring or quitting.

More “extreme” rightist rhetoric.
Who's going to pay for the student loan bailout?

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Who's going to pay for the student loan bailout?
Biden hasn't released the details yet. But while it's election time and the GOP gorilla pounds his chest "TAXES! TAXES! TAXES!"

ayBvyRq_460s.jpg

It's time again to tell Johnny and Cindy Lue that Mr Jenkins down the block is a very nice man and doesn't really lie (Tradition GOP, Not MAGA GOP), but he puts stuff in his stories that are not quite true.

My God, I heard "Never Trumper's" this morning once again state that "Trump is bad!" and to go back to what helps them in elections, "Tax Cuts". Christ Almighty! Donald Trump passed the same damn tax cut bill that the GOP carved out and voted in that led to the Great Depression!! [SMH]

But it's all Biden's fault. Not Covid, not Trump.

"While Republicans often claim that they are the more fiscally responsible party, my research suggests otherwise. Compared to Democratic presidents, Republicans are estimated to add between 0.75% and 1.2% more to the deficit (as a percent of GDP) each year they are in office. This result controls for economic conditions, and explains 75% of the variation in the annual changes to deficits."

https://towardsdatascience.com/which-party-adds-more-to-deficits-a6422c6b00d7

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2020/04/13/hoover-trump-great-depression-coronavirus-economy/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ian-the-gop-tax-bill-is-straight-out-of-1929/

Carry on!

That's your go to line. Try some common sense. They are hiring thousands and thousands on new agents. Would it make sense for these new agents to go after Elon Musk being a new hire at the IRS? Or is it more logical that these new agents are going after easy pray that can't fight back? They want money, and fast. They aren't going after the wealthy. If they were, congress wouldn't have approved this because each and every one of them would be screwed. COMMON SENSE!
Paranoia. Did you ever look at the qualifications for being an IRS agent? If you’re not doing anything wrong, what’s the big worry? Sounds like you are scared of an audit.

Talk about common sense, in your scenario above, of course they would put newer agents on less difficult cases. Why would anyone put a new agent on a difficult case? Fear runs deep in you. Better start doing your taxes right.

I think for most of us, you take the Standard Deduction and then you either pay or get a refund. Its not that hard.

My biggest issue is that not everyone pay into the system. According to the Tax Policy Center, 57% of Americans paid a net of no Federal Income Tax.

If we are moving to a Scandanavian Model of Government, this has to change. In those Countries, everyone has skin in the game. Pay Something. We all use the services provided by the Federal Government and more than half the population uses them for Free.
There’s a lot of things “wrong” with the system. Unfortunately, you have 2 choices, deal with it, or move to another country.

Reactions: kickballpro
Paranoia. Did you ever look at the qualifications for being an IRS agent? If you’re not doing anything wrong, what’s the big worry? Sounds like you are scared of an audit.

Talk about common sense, in your scenario above, of course they would put newer agents on less difficult cases. Why would anyone put a new agent on a difficult case? Fear runs deep in you. Better start doing your taxes right.
Mine are fine bro....I'm done with your ignorance....

Reactions: T-6 Miner
He also agreed me on some things earlier in the thread, but now I am ignorant because I called him out on his BS.
Again, I don't have a problem with differing opinions. Sometimes I get a view point I hadn't considered. You see, I am open to even your viewpoint.

To be clear, my statement is my taxes are fine. I am not worried. However, why should everyone be subjected to audits by all the new agents? Even if you cross every T and dot every I, I promise you that they will find a way to make you pay more. (naturally, you will want a source....ugh)

What bs do you "think" you called me out on? My OPINION based on the use of common sense? You always want facts and sources on a message board? Maybe you should apply to be a fact checker on facebook. I clearly stated those were my opinions. You were the one that claimed that Time magazine was fact.

You are ignorant because of the inability to use common sense, read and understand a post is opinion, and seek to get into a back n forth senseless debate. Yep, I'm an idiot for falling for it once again.

Have a great weekend nowins. I bet you are praying UTEP falls flat so you can have a banner week.

What's your obsession with Ukraine? Let.it.go. Seriously, Ukraine has a small impact on us. Obviously you lefties were escared of Putin for no reason. We have our own domestic terrorist ruining our country from the white house. Focus on him. Our country is going to hell in a handbasket and you don't even see it.
Not like I can open your eyes.....however, inflation is at its worst, unemployment is rising still (even with the white house claiming they are creating new jobs....pssst people going BACK to work is NOT job creation), big pharma is getting rich off our dime doing useless vaccines (WE are paying them for the jabs, they aren't doing it for free), taxes are going up, more IRS agents are hired to come after the little man, and you still worry about Ukraine and Trump....I mean seriously....

This thread needs to go away....
I hope Ukraine beats and humiliates Russia because I want it to send a message to Communist China about a potential invasion of the Republic of China (Taiwan).

How directly should the USA be involved? That's worth debating. But there's no doubt in my mind which side I'm pulling for.

Reactions: Dmanminer
I hope Ukraine beats and humiliates Russia because I want it to send a message to Communist China about a potential invasion of the Republic of China (Taiwan).

How directly should the USA be involved? That's worth debating. But there's no doubt in my mind which side I'm pulling for.
I agree with your feelings. We've been so afraid of Russia my whole life, and they can't just take over Ukraine? Seems odd. Why aren't they trying to take out Putin? Why isn't Putin trying to take out the Ukrainian prez? Sooooooo many common sense questions that would be cool to hear real answers about.

I feel we should be more directly involved, but the bazillions we are sending is questionable at best. I'm sorry, but our money would be better spent sending our troops to get this crap done....Now, I will hear the argument it's not our fight, why should our troops be at risk, and I get all that.....but weakening our country by financing it is bad too. The longer this drags out, the more money we send, the worse off we/the whole world are. Why don't we hear about how much money is being sent from France? England? Scotland? Germany? All I see it what WE send.

Pinchi Putin....take him out and call it a day

Reactions: FeralFelidae
🍿
Cant wait to read you guys debating the Illinois SAFE-T Act!!
“Let me make it clear to you that the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police is not against the SAFE-T Act (because) we have put countless hours in collaborating with elected officials,” Hazel Crest Police Chief Mitchell Davis said at a news conference earlier this year."https://www.capitolnewsillinois.com...riminal-justice-reform-and-how-it-has-evolved

What's the problem? Making the sausage (legislation) is messy.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
“Ukraine has a small impact on us.”?

Are you f’en kidding?

That is the most ignorant comment one can make. There s a reason they call Ukraine “The worlds bread basket” and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Really Mr. I will defend anyone who buys a house from me?

We don't grow wheat in the USA brother? Maybe supporting USA is better than buying abroad? Betcha "most" of the wheat produced there goes to Russia and China....

The entire world buys from each other. IF we more self sufficient, you wouldn't obsess so much. Yanno, like trump was trying to do? It costs MORE to buy crap overseas and ship it here than it does to buy american. Oh wait, that doesn't count all the bullshit companies that ONLY get things abroad because they pay slave labor wages to save money. You would support slave labor wheat and still complain about "living wages" here in the good old USA....

Talk about ignorant statements....

🍿
Cant wait to read you guys debating the Illinois SAFE-T Act!!
LOL....I seriously have no clue. However, a quick google search seems to imply that was Illinois way of reducing funding and police control.....ehh....I really don't know.
I do know that Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws, yet crime is outta control. I have only ONE idea to combat that and that's to hit all the gang members, drug dealers, etc hard and put them ALL behind bars.
On the flip side, no matter where you go, or who you deal with, SOMEONE will abuse their power. If it wasn't for social media, that wouldn't be on the news every day. Our system is NOT broke just because a select few idiots do stupid shit. It's just magnified because someone wants to be twitter famous and record instead of helping.

Cops have their hands tied these days. It's bullshit IMHO. My dad always said, if a cop stops you, do what they say.....too many "think" they have the "right" to talk back. They momma shoulda wooped they ass.....

my idiot rant over....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
"This moment when the woman jumped from happiness when she asked soldiers "Ours?" and the soldier answer "yes, ours"."-Reddit Translator

Reactions: topminer
Again, I don't have a problem with differing opinions. Sometimes I get a view point I hadn't considered. You see, I am open to even your viewpoint.

To be clear, my statement is my taxes are fine. I am not worried. However, why should everyone be subjected to audits by all the new agents? Even if you cross every T and dot every I, I promise you that they will find a way to make you pay more. (naturally, you will want a source....ugh)

What bs do you "think" you called me out on? My OPINION based on the use of common sense? You always want facts and sources on a message board? Maybe you should apply to be a fact checker on facebook. I clearly stated those were my opinions. You were the one that claimed that Time magazine was fact.

You are ignorant because of the inability to use common sense, read and understand a post is opinion, and seek to get into a back n forth senseless debate. Yep, I'm an idiot for falling for it once again.

Have a great weekend nowins. I bet you are praying UTEP falls flat so you can have a banner week.
Show me where you stated the IRS targeting common joes, was your opinion?

Again, you say “why should everyone be subjected to audits?” That is simply not true. What percentage of the population are you considering “everyone”? Everyone is not getting an audit. Probably not even 5% of tax fliers, because there is not enough people to hire.

I hope UTEP wins, I don’t take joy when UTEP loses. Just because I expect them to lose most games, doesn’t mean I am happy about it. I know that’s a difficult concept to understand, but it is true.

Reactions: denverutep
I agree with your feelings. We've been so afraid of Russia my whole life, and they can't just take over Ukraine? Seems odd. Why aren't they trying to take out Putin? Why isn't Putin trying to take out the Ukrainian prez? Sooooooo many common sense questions that would be cool to hear real answers about.

I feel we should be more directly involved, but the bazillions we are sending is questionable at best. I'm sorry, but our money would be better spent sending our troops to get this crap done....Now, I will hear the argument it's not our fight, why should our troops be at risk, and I get all that.....but weakening our country by financing it is bad too. The longer this drags out, the more money we send, the worse off we/the whole world are. Why don't we hear about how much money is being sent from France? England? Scotland? Germany? All I see it what WE send.

Pinchi Putin....take him out and call it a day
Most of it is going to Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop Grumman Corp., General Dynamics Corp., and Lockheed Martin Corp. You know the war machine. So who benefits? The American Imperialism War Machine and its investors and board of directors and workers.

Most of it is going to Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop Grumman Corp., General Dynamics Corp., and Lockheed Martin Corp. You know the war machine. So who benefits? The American Imperialism War Machine and its investors and board of directors and workers.
Man. If we only had a Death Star. Just imagine how far we could go?

Br workers, you mean every day Americans trying to keep up with Biden’s inflation?

However, the Department of Defense (DoD) reports that it employs 720,000 civilian employees. Or .21% of the US population. I'm sure they're representative of the average Us citizen's life.
Extract kids and retired people and those who are unable to work and the prison population. Then give me the true percentage,
Not defending anyone but things are never black or white.

Well not yet. With the amount of money we spend on death apparatus the question is when.
I'd rather be over-prepared. Deterrence is a thing. As I said, I hope a Ukrainian victory would help deter a potential Chinese invasion of Taiwan.

I remember hearing that some of the money is for replenishing our own stock since we funneled munitions to Ukraine. I don't know how true that is, but any munitions provided to Ukraine have been put to good use. Yes, the defense contractors will get their cut, but I don't think it's a waste.

Now Afghanistan, there was a waste. We had no reason to remain there after bin Laden was killed, but we stayed there how many more years and kept flushing money down the drain? For what?

I thought Abbot had secured the border? No? I guess just another GOP lie? What happened to that wall Mexico paid for? Waiting for the invading caravan reports this election season from FOX. 😈
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_v._United_States

The Supreme Court ruled that states aren't allowed to secure their international border, since that's the federal government's job.

So, when the federal government refuses to secure the border, and border states like Texas are left with a flood of illegal immigrants that it's unfair to expect those states to pay for, I think it's good policy to ship these immigrants to the self-proclaimed sanctuary cities, since those cities have expressed a policy of welcoming illegal immigrants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_v._United_States

The Supreme Court ruled that states aren't allowed to secure their international border, since that's the federal government's job.

So, when the federal government refuses to secure the border, and border states like Texas are left with a flood of illegal immigrants that it's unfair to expect those states to pay for, I think it's good policy to ship these immigrants to the self-proclaimed sanctuary cities, since those cities have expressed a policy of welcoming illegal immigrants.
Someone should let Greg Abbot know this. But then again conservatives always operate as though the law doesn't apply to them.
Texas.gov

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT