ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So what's going on with Marshall football?

So the teaser was to announce that Marshall is going to play at Notre Dame in 2022.

If UTEP announced a date with Notre Dame, this entire City's head would explode.
Sad but true.
DarlingBlondFoxterrier-max-1mb.gif

If UTEP announced a date with Notre Dame, this entire City's head would explode.

Look how fast the Sun Bowl sold out in 2010. Or when UTEP played Texas (2008) and Oklahoma (2012) in the Sun Bowl.

Personally I don't get the appeal of Notre Dame football anymore. They're no longer the powerhouse they once were. Sure, they still have the "name value," and their home games are broadcast on national TV with NBC. But their last two appearances competing for a national championship were embarrassments. To me, Notre Dame still lives in the past with their "tradition," much like UTEP basketball does with 1966 Texas Western College.

Reactions: Minerforlife
They made it seem like they were going to announce they were moving to a P5 conference because of their rich football history. It is like saying our rich football history and tremendous fan base made it possible for us to go play AT Notre Dame and get slaughtered for money.

Look how fast the Sun Bowl sold out in 2010. Or when UTEP played Texas (2008) and Oklahoma (2012) in the Sun Bowl.

Personally I don't get the appeal of Notre Dame football anymore. They're no longer the powerhouse they once were. Sure, they still have the "name value," and their home games are broadcast on national TV with NBC. But their last two appearances competing for a national championship were embarrassments. To me, Notre Dame still lives in the past with their "tradition," much like UTEP basketball does with 1966 Texas Western College.

Embarrassed?not this last one. They played the national champ in the semis. That same team went thru bama with ease.... notre dame was deserving of that top 4 spot

Embarrassed?not this last one. They played the national champ in the semis. That same team went thru bama with ease.... notre dame was deserving of that top 4 spot

They should be treated like a g5 team until they join a conference. After their latest thrashing I'm sure the committee will no longer put them in the playoff until they join a conference. UCF would have beat them by three touchdowns.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Aside from their fluff record, how did they deserve to be there? Sorry, but just because they are Notre Dame and they FINALLY win games they should in ONE season against mediocre teams, doesn't mean they deserve to be there. They were ONLY there because they have name recognition and they would draw the catholic fan base and viewers. I agree with minerforlife. UCF without their stud QB would still throttle them by at least 3 touchdowns.
It's all about ratings and money for the P5 schools. (plus one)

Reactions: EPTUTEP
I was hoping for a last chance u type documentary.

A mid-major d1 team would have a lot of stories.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT