ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sun Bowl

But it's a brand name so I think even more locals would've came.
Could be that maybe another 5k would have bought tickets to see Miami lose. Since they seem to pjay the villan role in EP well. Imo there's a lot of apathy for sports around town at the moment.

Or maybe those “kids” should honor their commitment to their teammates and the school that’s paying for their entire tuition
Once players become employees with contracts I would think they will be required to play in every game, bowls included, as long as they are healthy. But there will be ways around it.

Could be that maybe another 5k would have bought tickets to see Miami lose. Since they seem to pjay the villan role in EP well. Imo there's a lot of apathy for sports around town at the moment.
It hasn’t rained here in months. The local news acted like it was going to be a biblical flood.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Maybe coaches should set the example and not leave for the first P5 job that comes their way.
Whole lot of crying and whining when players enter the portal and skip these games.

I know who the real soft generation is… the people that raised todays kids!

Another “brilliant” comment by you as usual How is a coach leaving for a new job the same as a player selfishly sitting out a bowl game while his teammates play?
Those players opting out are 95% of the time nfl prospects.

The other ones have entered the transfer portal.

Once again each looking out for their own well being, just like a coach that leaves for a better job.

Do you get it? Or should I dumb it down for you further?

Easy for you to say. Their future is on the line. You see what just happened? Imagine being a first day pick and losing out on that for an exhibition that means nothing.
If I were given a free education in exchange for playing football, I would honor my commutment. I wish I had been so blessed.

If they're a sure thing for the NFL, and they're concerned about an injury, they should take out an insurance policy.

If I were given a free education in exchange for playing football, I would honor my commutment. I wish I had been so blessed.

If they're a sure thing for the NFL, and they're concerned about an injury, they should take out an insurance policy.
They can use the money they get paid from playing to pay for that policy. How much does that run for nowadays?

In the end it's all worth it. Risk a potential nfl career in a meaningless bowl game for a policy that will cover your medical expenses and not much else.

Once again each looking out for their own well being, just like a coach that leaves for a better job.

I get it, but it’s ruining college football.

They can use the money they get paid from playing to pay for that policy. How much does that run for nowadays?

In the end it's all worth it. Risk a potential nfl career in a meaningless bowl game for a policy that will cover your medical expenses and not much else.
What about the 95% of the players/teammates who won’t go pro? Fvck ‘em, right?

What about the 95% of the players/teammates who won’t go pro? Fvck ‘em, right?
Everyone has an option to play or not. If those kids know that's their last game ever and want to play it then power to them.

I'm in my 30s and stopped playing in a Sunday soccer league for fear of injury. If I get hurt and can't perform my job I'm screwed and will be living under the bridge at 183 and 35. Mortgage, truck payment and bills aren't going to stop cuz I'm not making money.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Everyone has an option to play or not. If those kids know that's their last game ever and want to play it then power to them.

I'm in my 30s and stopped playing in a Sunday soccer league for fear of injury. If I get hurt and can't perform my job I'm screwed and will be living under the bridge at 183 and 35. Mortgage, truck payment and bills aren't going to stop cuz I'm not making money.
The CMU RB #7 looked like a NFL prospect to me today. He came, played hard with his teammates, and won. Respect.

The CMU RB #7 looked like a NFL prospect to me today. He came, played hard with his teammates, and won. Respect.
The kid is a freshman. Let's see if he has the same attitude in 2-3 years when his name is on a draft board.

Reactions: Lil_Train
why is it called the Sun Bowl?? Has the game ever been sunny and warm?? I cant think of a time when it was actually Sunny.

Reactions: kickballpro

Doubt you were good enough to get paid anyway.

You have no basis behind your 95% comment, just pulling out of thin air. Even if they are prospects that’s not germane to this discussion(I probably lost you on that word). The issue is their selfish interests ahead of their team interests. In years past this wasn’t even considered. Christian McCaffery was the first.
No one is talking about the transfer portal idiot we’re specifically talking about kids sitting out the bowl game.

I don’t know you but reading your posts these past few months, you are literally one of the dumbest people I’ve ever encountered in life.

You have no basis behind your 95% comment, just pulling out of thin air. Even if they are prospects that’s not germane to this discussion(I probably lost you on that word). The issue is their selfish interests ahead of their team interests. In years past this wasn’t even considered. Christian McCaffery was the first.
No one is talking about the transfer portal idiot we’re specifically talking about kids sitting out the bowl game.

I don’t know you but reading your posts these past few months, you are literally one of the dumbest people I’ve ever encountered in life.
Why do you read my posts then? You have a fascination with responding to me. I guess that makes you just as dumb.

Once again I'll dumb it down for you. Coaches leave for another program and don't coach their team in the bowl game. Has been happening for years. You want to bash a kid for doing the same selfish actions. Where do you think they learned it from?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Why do you read my posts then? You have a fascination with responding to me. I guess that makes you just as dumb.

Once again I'll dumb it down for you. Coaches leave for another program and don't coach their team in the bowl game. Has been happening for years. You want to bash a kid for doing the same selfish actions. Where do you think they learned it from?
Which coach hurt your feelings?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT