ADVERTISEMENT

OT:That was a boring fight

I generally only watch mma for combat sports, although I may watch a triple g vs canelo fight. Who do you think wins?

I generally only watch mma for combat sports, although I may watch a triple g vs canelo fight. Who do you think wins?

Who do you like?

Used to love the way Dan Henderson fought, going back to his Pride days and then into his mid 40s. He was a warrior!

Now I'm really intrigued by Romero, The Soldier of God. What a ****in' freak athlete. He a scary man!

I think GGG has to be a slight favorite. Yes he's older but Canelo did just beat up a shrivelled up C-Level fighter and that proved nothing. I know Canelo has power but I was surprised he didn't put Chavez Jr down at least once.

IMO both are excellent, experienced fighters. Both can box and both have power. Both are big names, champions and neither will fold like Chavez Jr did last night (By the way I think he was high when the fight started). Canelo is young and has done well since being dismantled by Mayweather. Unfortunately, because of Golden Boy, the fight with GGG was delayed and has left a bad taste in the mouth of some fans regarding Canelo. GGG is getting older and has had some tough fights recently with really good fighters. I think it will a be great fight. Both will come at each other.

I think GGG will be at least a 2/1 favorite and will win in a decision. Both guys will get rocked at some point, but GGG just has too much power and will wear down Canelo. I can already picture a re-match.

Last edited:
Chavez Jr looked outmatched from the opening bell. I think he was in survival mode from the start. He knew he had no chance and just took his beating.

I don't follow boxing closely but I have read and heard that Triple G is the closest thing to the unstoppable butal beat down days of Tyson. Does Canello have a chance?

Who do you like?

Used to love the way Dan Henderson fought, going back to his Pride days and then into his mid 40s. He was a warrior!

Now I'm really intrigued by Romero, The Soldier of God. What a ****in' freak athlete. He a scary man!

Dan is one of my all time favorites for sure. And yes, Romero is a freak of nature!

I love guys who really go in there to scrap so Dustin Porrier, Donald cerrone, max Holloway, gardbrandt, and Ferguson are some of my favorites to watch right now

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I think GGG has to be a slight favorite. Yes he's older but Canelo did just beat up a shrivelled up C-Level fighter and that proved nothing. I know Canelo has power but I was surprised he didn't put Chavez Jr down at least once.

Chavez is known for a good chin we also have to add that he was the biggest and
heavier guy. Canelo had to gain some wait which is not his natural weight class.
None the less it was a one sided fight due to Chaves bad habits.

Canelo should have knocked out Chavez or at the very least put him down once or twice. Chavez has fought at higher weights but only because his lack of commitment, love of marijuana and late munchie runs to in and out ballooned him. If Chavez had an ounce of professionalism this fight would have taken place at 154 or 160.

We are not talking about Canelo going up in weight to fight a natural heavier fighter. Chavez made his pro debut at 130lbs. Canelo started his career at 140lb so the natural bigger guy is Canelo. The difference being that Canelo is dedicated to the sport and Chavez is a spoiled brat.

As far as the GGG outcome it will not be a pretty scene for the thousands in attendance. Canelo didn't have the power to knockdown a walking punching bag he won't have the power to keep a natural career middleweight honest. Canelo can't go toe to toe cuz he will be carried off in a stretcher. He doesn't have the footwork to outbox an Olympic medalists.

The only way Canelo wins is a daylight robbery. The most probable outcome is a late ko or a wide UD by GGG.

Major props to Canelo for making the fight now and not waiting until GGG aged.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT