ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USM vs Huskers

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Hey life, did you catch that game? Dang what a game. I realize the Huskers are not the mighty Huskers of yesteryear, but man what a game. USM was down big by start of the 2nd half but put on a major comeback and could have won it for not a final seconds sack for Nebraska. USM came to win and caught Nebraska napping at times. Wonder what might of been if Kugler came in with that approach against Arkansas instead of his vanilla, "lets get out of here uninjured" approach.

This is for sure not the same USM team that came to the Sun Bowl a year ago.

I did watch it, i thought it was over at halftime when it was 22-0 nebraska. I was impressed with USM'S fight. They looked much better than they did last week against Texas State. They will be a tough out at the Rock. On the flip side theres going to be a lot of suicidal Husker fans. You fire a coach that won 10 games every year and now they're staring at a 4-8 season. Im affraid the Huskers will never be relevent on the national stage again.

Fans in Nebraska will have the last say in that, "I guarantee it". Nebraskans have a quiet and fierce independence that rival tough talking New Yorkers and Texans. Give it 2 to 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT