ADVERTISEMENT

Pac12 not dead?

There's a lot he can do to prepare for a potential presentation. Call up donors, get a plan together to present to potential conferences, call each of these potential conferences, etc.

It is up to the conference to decide whether to invite utep or not. But utep has an impressive campus and I think senter should be trying to get one of these conferences to come visit the campus. There has been a lot of academic growth over the years. R1 research institution. Senter needs to find some money to invest into the athletics. Either potential conference could be a game changer for utep athletics. The MWC is the more likely option, but Senter should shoot his shot with the PAC as well.
Really Senter’s main job here is to call the other ADs from other schools, but mainly to shake the donor tree as much as he can to secure as much funding as he can for the potential buyout.

Have any other donors received a call yet? I haven’t, but I know I am pretty low on the list compared to guys like Foster and Hunt

Weak. I wanna hear UTEP is in talks with 2pac.
Tupac Shakur Dancing GIF

From the ability to be competitive, it seems UTEP would be more competitive in the MW. Most of the schools in the pac are going to be working with budgets > $50M

chill out ladies, what will happen will happen on its own time and to our benefit . I believe the PAC should be our first choice if another Texas team is involved; otherwise. MW would still be an excellent choice. No bad choice between the leagues.

chill out ladies, what will happen will happen on its own time and to our benefit . I believe the PAC should be our first choice if another Texas team is involved; otherwise. MW would still be an excellent choice. No bad choice between the leagues.
You’re assuming that UTEP will have a choice. If the Pac didn’t want UNM, they certainly do not want UTEP.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
You’re assuming that UTEP will have a choice. If the Pac didn’t want UNM, they certainly do not want UTEP.
don't kid yourself, UTEP is the first choice which will help bring another Texas team into the league. I believe the PAC/MW want to move to a 10 team league with at least 2 Texas teams. That will make sense for each league.
When the announcement comes its going to cause a tidal wave of excitement.

don't kid yourself, UTEP is the first choice which will help bring another Texas team into the league. I believe the PAC/MW want to move to a 10 team league with at least 2 Texas teams. That will make sense for each league.
When the announcement comes its going to cause a tidal wave of excitement.
So UTEP who hasn’t been a candidate for the MWC for at least 10 years, is now the first choice of the Pac 7? I guess UNLV, Air Force, Wyoming, and San Jose St hate the Miners, but Boise, Colorado St, SDSU, Utah St, Fresno, and two Pac 10 schools are all about UTEP??? Makes sense!!!!

Reactions: elpasoeagle
Really Senter’s main job here is to call the other ADs from other schools, but mainly to shake the donor tree as much as he can to secure as much funding as he can for the potential buyout.

Have any other donors received a call yet? I haven’t, but I know I am pretty low on the list compared to guys like Foster and Hunt
There are big donors, aside from Hunt and Foster, who have an ear in Senter's ear to get the hell out of CUSA...

In a vacuum, we are the 9th, 10th or even 11th choice. But when you add in exit fees all of a sudden we're in the top three. Even the sun belt has greater exit fees that make it unlikely teams will move around for marginal gain in tv money. The timing is finally benefiting UTEP, even though our main athletic teams aren't competitive.

In a vacuum, we are the 9th, 10th or even 11th choice. But when you add in exit fees all of a sudden we're in the top three. Even the sun belt has greater exit fees that make it unlikely teams will move around for marginal gain in tv money. The timing is finally benefiting UTEP, even though our main athletic teams aren't competitive.
I don’t think exit fees are an issue with Sun Belt teams. Actual location and what they may/may not get in the media deal, are issues.

There are big donors, aside from Hunt and Foster, who have an ear in Senter's ear to get the hell out of CUSA...
Yea I know, I’m only in the five digits for donations, I am low on the list to be contacted in the grand scheme of things. Still hope that Senter is shaking that tree to make sure he has the exit fees ready if we get an offer.

I don’t think anyone wants to be in CUSA compared to the MWC, let alone PAC (whatever). I know I’d be fine giving a significant donation to get us to the MWC and an even bigger one if it entailed the PAC (X)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT