ADVERTISEMENT

Pac12 not dead?

Yikes. MWC still needs all sports members though
UTEP to Mountain West is never going to happen, if MW is desperate enough to consider schools in the central and eastern time zones, they will never invite UTEP, as far as the MW is concerned, UTEP is the pariah of the western us

Last edited:
Wow!!!

The MAC is a great Conference. I would hate to see it fall apart. The Presidents love being a Bus League.

It’s silly the mid level conferences have decided to destroy each other when it really doesn’t serve a purpose.

The non-power conferences still only get that 1 bid. Might as well stay between 8-10 teams and split revenue that way.

Not sure what that makes less sense for. The MW, which still needs to add teams or NIU and Toledo. I guess they'd have to park the rest of their teams in the Horizon?

I don’t think exit fees are an issue with Sun Belt teams. Actual location and what they may/may not get in the media deal, are issues.
I think their exit penalty is 5M. That might give pause to inviting Texas St if they can't come up with it themselves. Still, not a good development for us.

wouldn’t be surprised if MW invites Texas State and LaTech and we get left behind again
That’s what it looks like. Really makes me think that UNM and the rest of the MWC have THAT much of a vendetta against NMSU and UTEP that they’re willing to pass over natural rivalries that fit within the geographic footprint of the conference. You would think that 25+ years that they defected it wouldn’t be that much of an issue.

FFS! There we go! Hammer dropping, which we expected. The f’n Oakland A’s of collegiate football!

On the bright side, this thread has been thread of the year! It’s been a pleasure fellas! Let the Titanic quartet play us out!
ship-sinking-ship.gif

We are stuck in hell forever I think
I think I might quit if we get left behind. It's sad but I don't even see any way out after this. So tragic that the administration has screwed over such a loyal fan base that in all honesty, we have no reason to be. I don't think I know what it feels like to follow a winning team. It's probably some mental illness.

I think I might quit if we get left behind. It's sad but I don't even see any way out after this. So tragic that the administration has screwed over such a loyal fan base that in all honesty, we have no reason to be. I don't think I know what it feels like to follow a winning team. It's probably some mental illness.
I’m may apply to ASU online just I so I can have a vested interest to root for another school.

I want to believe that’s happening but maybe everyone else thinks we’re really THAT bad and we’re to naive to see it.
Straight up, right now, TXST a progtam with much larger potential to grow because of their continual investment into athletics. It is already a massive school in an excellent location, the main thing it was missing an investment in itself.

If I had to pick objectively, I would much rather have TXST than UTEP since R1 is apparently easier to attain than competing in revenue sports.

I’m may apply to ASU online just I so I can have a vested interest to root for another school.
I didn't even go to UTEP. It was just imprinted on me as a child and as an El Pasoan. I blame my dad attending UTEP during the 1966 era and then taking us to UTEP games during the glory years in the 80s and 90s. Little did my brothers and I know what we were getting into. I'm gonna seek therapy to get out of this abusive relationship 😂

Last edited:
UTEP to Mountain West is never going to happen, if MW is desperate enough to consider schools in the central and eastern time zones, they will never invite UTEP, as far as the MW is concerned, UTEP is the pariah of the western us

They don’t want UTEP/EP!!! Remember Air Force lobbied heavily against inviting UTEP when the MW was formed.

I keep saying the MWC doesn't want us and if the MAC poaching is true then they would rather face extinction than share a conference with us. Of the remaining old WAC teams I remember UNM and some statement about they are in a whole different universe, academically, than UTEP......................................🤣

I didn't even go to UTEP. It was just imprinted on me as a child and an el pasoan. I blame my dad attending UTEP during the 1966 era and then taking us to UTEP games during the glory years in the 80s and 90w. Little did my brothers and I know what we were getting into. I'm gonna seek therapy to get out of this abusive relationship 😂
My dad was a cop and he would do security at the football games so my earliest memories are watching UTEP get killed in the mid 1980s. I was fortunate enough to not have to see my dad beat my mom as a kid, but those UTEP football meetings were my childhood trauma..

MWC going after TX St all sports, MAC teams football only. Not great for us
How so? Football only doesn't matter and, unless they've changed the rules recently, Texas St. counts as 1 team. Not 2.

Maybe it means something. Maybe it doesn't. But everybody seems to be ready to go burn their UTEP gear in the front yard over a couple of tweets.

I can already hear Senter, "We are happy with CUSA and never inquired about changing conferences. Its always been our vision to compete for CUSA titles and National Titles. We are not going to leave our current situation, which is excellent, to an unknown and unstable upstart."
You know its bad when you read this and can picture AND hear Senter saying it

I can already hear Senter, "We are happy with CUSA and never inquired about changing conferences. Its always been our vision to compete for CUSA titles and National Titles. We are not going to leave our current situation, which is excellent, to an unknown and unstable upstart."
My friend, if he says “and never inquired” I want him out the next day. We will all meet at King’s X, pass the hat, and collect his buy out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT