ADVERTISEMENT

Pac12 not dead?

How so? Football only doesn't matter and, unless they've changed the rules recently, Texas St. counts as 1 team. Not 2.

Maybe it means something. Maybe it doesn't. But everybody seems to be ready to go burn their UTEP gear in the front yard over a couple of tweets.
Youre right, but our sports admins and school admin don't have the best track record......so you cant blame us for having no patience/faith

Youre right, but our sports admins and school admin don't have the best track record......so you cant blame us for having no patience/faith
Understand. And I'll rip the admins if we're not in a new conference in the next week. In the next few years, CUSA may not exist or just be a bunch of FCS call ups.

I will also add, even though we're thinking in terms of two additional teams for NCAA requirements, the MW doesn't have to stop there. In fact, you could say 9 makes more sense for basketball.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Understand. And I'll rip the admins if we're not in a new conference in the next week. In the next few years, CUSA may not exist or just be a bunch of FCS call ups.

I will also add, even though we're thinking in terms of two additional teams for NCAA requirements, the MW doesn't have to stop there. In fact, you could say 9 makes more sense for basketball.
Also, 9 full time plus 3 football only gives you 2 6 team divisions, which also makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: kickballpro
🚨Hawk Tuah's Hailey Welch goes viral for UTEP athletics rant🚨
85eb1056786399af95c87b93c5a45a11e4-whitney-hawktuah.rsquare.w330.png

“Jim Senter is right to never inquire on conference realignment. EPMAD trust the process! If UTEP even considers joining another conference the holy spirit will need to give the best PowerPoint presentation outside of the UGLC. Plus, the in-conference rivalry we’ll have in the next few years, with UTRGV and UIW, will be epic!”

Posting opinions of random X accounts is meaningless. If it's not from a real reporter then it's whatever to me. Dan Wetzel posting about UTEP to the Pac-12 seems more like wishful thinking rather than true speculation as well. Dan will always have a soft spot for UTEP because of his relationship with Haskins. I hope I'm wrong and Dan really does have sources telling him this.

Posting opinions of random X accounts is meaningless. If it's not from a real reporter then it's whatever to me. Dan Wetzel posting about UTEP to the Pac-12 seems more like wishful thinking rather than true speculation as well. Dan will always have a soft spot for UTEP because of his relationship with Haskins. I hope I'm wrong and Dan really does have sources telling him this.
Isn’t Wetzel a well respected sports reporter? Hopefully he knows something we don’t know

Isn’t Wetzel a well respected sports reporter? Hopefully he knows something we don’t know
Yes but I don't think that he is "reporting." It sounds like he's saying that UTEP to the Pac 12 makes sense to him. At least, that's what I got out of his posts. My heart wants to believe that he is reporting but my brain isn't believing that he is.

like how people do here on Minerdigs? I think it's okay to post other people opinions.

I think this PAC thing has legs, which is why the MWC is getting feelers elsewhere.
I absolutely don’t know how far the talks are, but talks are taking place. I know, because, I know someone within Utep and a cost effective analysis was done and some other inquiries have been made. At least we’re trying!

Last edited:
Yikes. MWC still needs all sports members though
It ain't happening but the MWC is trying to compete with the PAC for TV slots. Let's be honest, they lost their 3 most valuable brands to the PAC. They need to take a shot at some historically successful programs. They will end up having to settle for a UTEP or NMSU, because no one in the central or eastern timezones is going to want to move from their conference to a Pacific or mountain time based conference. Unless they are in CUSA. And as we know, outside of Liberty, CUSA does not hold a lot of valuable teams.

Reactions: KaneFan29
IDK what their plan is, but this seems unlikely. I don't think you plan your future on the hopes of winning a lawsuit that will not see a court until two years from now.
Well their plan has been unorthodox from the beginning. Signing the scheduling / poaching fee deal in the first place was odd.

I absolutely don’t know how far the talks are, but talks are taking place. I know, because, I know someone within Utep and a cost effective analysis was done and some other inquiries have been made. At least we’re trying!
Seems like too risky of a gamble. Wonder if we said no the MWC. This would be the second time. Gonna end up with nothing. If this happens, Senter has to go

Reactions: utep-piggy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT