ADVERTISEMENT

Please take Terry, UT. Please.

I'm almost 99% sure we're just waiting on Terry to say yes.
I think he's leaning towards it, but there are legit facts to stay in El Paso as well. As I tell family and friends after twenty two years in the real estate business, this is not your abuelita's El Paso anymore; that ship sailed a long time ago.

Booking it on a rebuilding job after just year three does not sit well on your resume especially coming out of a pandemic that touched every college.

Just sayin'.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I think he's leaning towards it, but there are legit facts to stay in El Paso as well. As I tell family and friends after twenty two years in the real estate business, this is not your abuelita's El Paso anymore; that ship sailed a long time ago.

Booking it on a rebuilding job after just year three does not sit well on your resume especially coming out of a pandemic that touched every college.

Just sayin'.
The same can be said for Austin. It's not the same small college town from his playing days here, nor the same from his coaching days.

If he believes this is his last chance to be a hc then we're screwed. Ogden left Arlington after the same amount of time and very similar results. If the Beard project ends up in a NC they'll both get shots again.

Reactions: Lil_Train
The same can be said for Austin. It's not the same small college town from his playing days here, nor the same from his coaching days.

If he believes this is his last chance to be a hc then we're screwed. Ogden left Arlington after the same amount of time and very similar results. If the Beard project ends up in a NC they'll both get shots again.
Exactly. There is a high likelihood of success at UT with Beard. That will lead to opportunities down the road, if Terry chooses. Plus, I bet Terry's salary will be similar or better as an assistant at UT.

Exactly. There is a high likelihood of success at UT with Beard. That will lead to opportunities down the road, if Terry chooses. Plus, I bet Terry's salary will be similar or better as an assistant at UT.
If he stays most likely we will be chasing .500 seasons the next 3 years. Once his ass is canned from here he's probably done as a HC at this level and the Texas ship will have sailed.

It's in everyone's best interest that he puts his pride to the side and take the easy money.

Reactions: Lil_Train
If he stays most likely we will be chasing .500 seasons the next 3 years. Once his ass is canned from here he's probably done as a HC at this level and the Texas ship will have sailed.

It's in everyone's best interest that he puts his pride to the side and take the easy money.
Plus the stress is probably not good for his health. Half the team is leaving again!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT