ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions on Utep's first win of the season vs NMSU

Even in bad years this game usually draws over 25,000. That's sad if UTEP can't get at least that. Utep really needs these next 2 wins to get the crowd back for the premier home game of the year Boise St. If they do that and take care of business with a bad Charlotte team we'll be 3-3 with 4 or 5 winnable games the rest of the way

The crowds are gone for the season. We have returned to Kugler 2.0 attendance numbers when only 10-15k faithful fans will attend games. Dimel had his chance to impress and entertain El Paso fans against UNT and he gave us a crap sandwich and pitifully little to cheer for or get excited about. Incompetent and stubborn Dimel and his boring and shit offense are the culprits. No one likes attending 3-4 hour football games where your team doesn’t put points on the friggen score board! Might as well stay home and watch a scoreless MLS soccer game.

Last edited:
The crowds are gone for the season. We have returned to Kugler 2.0 attendance numbers when only 10-15k faithful fans will attend games. Dimel had his chance to impress and entertain El Paso fans against UNT and he gave us a crap sandwich and pitifully little to cheer for or get excited about. Incompetent and stubborn Dimel and his boring and shit offense are the culprits. No one likes attending 3-4 hour football games where your team doesn’t put points on the friggen score board! Might as well stay home and watch a scoreless MLS soccer game.
A bit of an over exaggeration, but I agree that 1st game was a lost opportunity.

A bit of an over exaggeration, but I agree that 1st game was a lost opportunity.
Ok, on the bright side. Gavin Baechle and Tyrice Knight improved immensely from game one to game two. Honestly, good on them.

I will hold out hope if I see a thrashing against against NMSU. I mean, thrashing, because this technically should not be close.
ThisBronzeArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: MinerFan79
Funny thing is Kugler's worst crowd was 15,977. 14 of the 21 home games for Dimel have had worse attendance than that.

The bottom line is unless our run game improves this game will be close. To this point we have shown zero ability to run the ball. Both UNT and OU dominated us up front. If we cant run the ball we're in trouble.

Deion Hankins should not be get getting carries. He played well inI the second half in 2020 against the two fcs squads. Outside of that not really anything. They might should move him to fullback.

The line has been bad but in particular Mayer has really struggled. I don't know if he's injured but he has struggled snapping the ball. We've also got eaten up by 1-techniques in both games. That has to be fixed or we aren't beating anybody.

On defense we must stop the run. UNT gashed us with iso's all night and OU replicated their game plan. We have to stop the run and so far we have not shown the ability to do this.

This game better be out of reach by the fourth quarter. If its close in the fourth I see NMSU winning. If NMSU wins this game Wilson should fire Senter Sunday morning. She won't do it but if we lose their is no reason for Senter to remain employed. He can't raise money, under his watch enthusiasm for UTEP is at an all time low, his hires suck. He has brought zero value to UTEP.

The bottom line is unless our run game improves this game will be close. To this point we have shown zero ability to run the ball. Both UNT and OU dominated us up front. If we cant run the ball we're in trouble.

Deion Hankins should not be get getting carries. He played well inI the second half in 2020 against the two fcs squads. Outside of that not really anything. They might should move him to fullback.

The line has been bad but in particular Mayer has really struggled. I don't know if he's injured but he has struggled snapping the ball. We've also got eaten up by 1-techniques in both games. That has to be fixed or we aren't beating anybody.

On defense we must stop the run. UNT gashed us with iso's all night and OU replicated their game plan. We have to stop the run and so far we have not shown the ability to do this.

This game better be out of reach by the fourth quarter. If its close in the fourth I see NMSU winning. If NMSU wins this game Wilson should fire Senter Sunday morning. She won't do it but if we lose their is no reason for Senter to remain employed. He can't raise money, under his watch enthusiasm for UTEP is at an all time low, his hires suck. He has brought zero value to UTEP.
Senter and Dimel are not getting fired. I doubt Wilson cares enough about athletics to fire both after they both received extensions recently and they had a "successful" 2021-2022. Not that I disagree with you... I wouldn't have extended either. Dimel sucked last year but we were lucky to play 7 teams worse than us. Our best win was... old dominion? We didn't beat a top 80 team.

Even in bad years this game usually draws over 25,000. That's sad if UTEP can't get at least that. Utep really needs these next 2 wins to get the crowd back for the premier home game of the year Boise St. If they do that and take care of business with a bad Charlotte team we'll be 3-3 with 4 or 5 winnable games the rest of the way
Although it is sad, nobody is to blame but UTEP. They bet the house on that first game with a sell out push. They decided not to not show up and get blown out. They lost so many potential fans. We always lose in front of big crowds

I can't disagree with that you're saying very sound critique. This is a must win and needs to be a statement win not a close game

Senter and Dimel are not getting fired. I doubt Wilson cares enough about athletics to fire both after they both received extensions recently and they had a "successful" 2021-2022. Not that I disagree with you... I wouldn't have extended either. Dimel sucked last year but we were lucky to play 7 teams worse than us. Our best win was... old dominion? We didn't beat a top 80 team.
He's talking to himself again but now there's 3. Not including the obvious others.

• Haha
Reactions: T-6 Miner
I saw a betting line that has UTEP a 17 point favorite over NMSU. Does that mean they actually expect the Minors to score 17 points? Well, it is the Agonies. So the score will be 17-0. I hope Dimel the diminished understands we are poking fun at him and his coaching staff more than at the team.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I saw a betting line that has UTEP a 17 point favorite over NMSU. Does that mean they actually expect the Minors to score 17 points? Well, it is the Agonies. So the score will be 17-0. I hope Dimel the diminished understands we are poking fun at him and his coaching staff more than at the team.
This is what fans need to see from UTEP to bring back any hope. Arse Kicking!

We'll score over 24 guaranteed, Watch

That would be nice. It would be nice to actually see it. I will be tuning in.

take it to the bank ... Flyin' Miners 42 them 21..
showcase for our offense but showing showing some weakness in our "D"..
This game will be won in 3rd quarter..
stand proud and get loud ..

Reactions: utep-piggy

Dimel and Senter don't care. They are laughing at the University that they are being paid a combined $1 million, without accomplishing anything.

Anyone tuning into tonight's game UNM vs Boise St. to scout our next 2 opponents?

If NM plays them close or wins then we might be in trouble in Albuquerque, but if Boise St. Blows them out then maybe we go 2-2 before losing to Boise St. as expected. I just wanna see how UNM plays

We are in trouble either way. I think UTEP will be fortunate if they start 1-4.

Reactions: utep-piggy
We are in trouble either way. I think UTEP will be fortunate if they start 1-4.
1-4 is the worst case scenario at this point. I honestly don't think we struggle tomorrow night. The swing game on the season is UNM. Get past them and even with Boise St loss an at home win against Charlotte gets us to .500 half way through.

1-4 is the worst case scenario at this point. I honestly don't think we struggle tomorrow night. The swing game on the season is UNM. Get past them and even with Boise St loss an at home win against Charlotte gets us to .500 half way through.
0-5 is the worst case scenario.

There is no way that UTEP loses to UNM.
I predict 17-13. Its the battle of the bads and I cannot wait!

True, but unlike some of you I don't see that happening at all. Like I said I think we win tomorrow with too much sweat and tears.

I didn't predict for that to happen. In fact, I don't think anybody predicted a loss tomorrow. All I said is that is the worst case scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT