ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions on Utep's first win of the season vs NMSU

I haven't paid attention, but sad if it's not at least 20,000 for the I-10 Rivalry

Attendance will most likely be lower than the last time NMSU played in EP four years ago.

Go Miners. If they lose today, pretty much season over and we can start counting down to basketball.

Now time to drive it into the endzone and come away with on of the following:
  • Turnover
  • Missed field goal
  • Field goal

Reactions: TxRdKiller
The bottom line is unless our run game improves this game will be close. To this point we have shown zero ability to run the ball. Both UNT and OU dominated us up front. If we cant run the ball we're in trouble.

Deion Hankins should not be get getting carries. He played well inI the second half in 2020 against the two fcs squads. Outside of that not really anything. They might should move him to fullback.

The line has been bad but in particular Mayer has really struggled. I don't know if he's injured but he has struggled snapping the ball. We've also got eaten up by 1-techniques in both games. That has to be fixed or we aren't beating anybody.

On defense we must stop the run. UNT gashed us with iso's all night and OU replicated their game plan. We have to stop the run and so far we have not shown the ability to do this.

This game better be out of reach by the fourth quarter. If its close in the fourth I see NMSU winning. If NMSU wins this game Wilson should fire Senter Sunday morning. She won't do it but if we lose their is no reason for Senter to remain employed. He can't raise money, under his watch enthusiasm for UTEP is at an all time low, his hires suck. He has brought zero value to UTEP.
Well our run game looks great so far

First half: 130 yards, two trips to the red zone, 3 points. Sounds like the Miners. By the end of the game we should have over 500 yards and, like others have been saying this week, 13 points.

(Now can the Miners just prove me wrong for once?)

Hankins coming in for the handoff.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT