ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rodriguez...

... fired at Arizona for sexual harassment. The age of accountability is upon us.

Fortunately that is true.

Unfortunately, it is also the age of baseless accusations in attempt to get a free ride. I have no idea whether Rich Rod is guilty or innocent, however, he did cooperate fully with the investigation, passed a polygraph and the complainant did not cooperate with investigators.

Makes me truly wonder how much going 1-4 down the stretch had to do with the ousting.

Fortunately that is true.

Unfortunately, it is also the age of baseless accusations in attempt to get a free ride. I have no idea whether Rich Rod is guilty or innocent, however, he did cooperate fully with the investigation, passed a polygraph and the complainant did not cooperate with investigators.

Makes me truly wonder how much going 1-4 down the stretch had to do with the ousting.

All valid points and compelling questions. Sadly, whether or not the allegations of sexual harassment will hold up in a court of law, Rodriguez admitted to having an affair with the woman and cheating on his wife. Is he being set up for a financial settlement by the accuser? Maybe. Are there women out there who will try to leverage an extramarital relationship with a public figure for a payday? Probably. And who is to blame for all of this? Mr. Family man and head football coach for the Arizona Wildcats, RichRod.

Most contracts have moral turpitude stipulations, but we certainly cannot know the answer to what impact his W/L record ultimately had on the decision to fire Rodriguez. But we CAN say that if somebody WAS looking to do him in, this is the kind of stuff that would make it easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: MineroFanatico
What does this have to do with UTEP? :D

I don't know, man, maybe current events of interest involving a high profile college football coach who brought his team to the Sun Bowl last year? Particularly in light of recent similar rumors - and outright accusations - involving a high profile member of the UTEP Athletic Department? Would it make a difference if the topic had been preceded with OT?

Bottom line, triple seven, if you have no interest in a posted topic, feel free to exercise your Miranda rights.

If there was a job tailor made for Lane Kiffin it's Arizona. Lane is a west coast guy. The Pac12 is weak. He gets to play USC every year. Arizona is the only original member of the Pac 10 to never play in the Rose Bowl. They need a splash hire, their in-state rivals are in complete disarray. Here is Arizona's best chance ever to build a football power. If you're Arizona back the brinks truck up in Lane Kiffen's driveway and bring the Lane train to Tucson.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Looks like Les Miles is the favorite to land the Arizona job. But I agree, Kiffin is a perfect fit at UofA.

Pretty rotten for Kiffin to bolt so quick but Kiffin is Kiffen and this is the big time of college football.

Sexual harassment policies have been in force for decades but now put on the front burner because of President Cheeto. The lefty's couldn't cast blame that easily so they had to hang one of their powerful own from Hollywood and the domino's start to tip.

I don't know but maybe it's just me but college personnel should be held to a higher, but realistic and legal standard. It's college! Not Benny''s Tire and Lube. If a person is found to have lied then they should face total legal outcomes. There was a story about a teen who accused a popular and gifted teacher of sexual assault at an El Paso private school. The trial was just about to literally begin when the kid came clean and stated he made the whole thing up. Luckily, the teacher was able to resume a very prosperous career in the health field.

Reactions: develman
I wonder if Rich Rod would sue U of A for defimation of character. The University cleared him of sexual harassment allegations and that is what he’s being raked over the coals for.

U of A is saying that other matters discovered during that investigation were cause for concern for the future direction of the program.

Arizona has made massive facility improvements. They basically cleared out an end zone, and constructed one of the most beautiful facilities in the country. Then a couple years into the overhaul they’re still not competing for a title.

I don't know, man, maybe current events of interest involving a high profile college football coach who brought his team to the Sun Bowl last year? Particularly in light of recent similar rumors - and outright accusations - involving a high profile member of the UTEP Athletic Department? Would it make a difference if the topic had been preceded with OT?

Bottom line, triple seven, if you have no interest in a posted topic, feel free to exercise your Miranda rights.

It was a joke, calm down. :D

What high profile member of the UTEP Athletic Department are you talking about?

Some people were crying about saying some posts should be OT a few days so I was just making a joke about their crying.

Last edited:
... fired at Arizona for sexual harassment. The age of accountability is upon us.

Foe what it's worth he's reportedly been fired due to the athletic department wanting the program to go "in a new direction" in the wake of the hostile workplace environment lawsuit. His extramarital affair (which he admits to) won't help his case if he really did ask employees to keep it secret and if this affair is with someone affiliated with the university.

The investigation has been going on since October so there may have been more uncovered than we're being told publicly

Interesting he was fired over an unsubstantiated allegation.

The hostile workplace lawsuit probably was a factor. His admitted extramarital affair is said to be with someone not affiliated with the university, but if he did ask employees to keep it secret it could be a problem. The investigation may have turned up something.

I wonder if Rich Rod would sue U of A for defimation of character. The University cleared him of sexual harassment allegations and that is what he’s being raked over the coals for.

U of A is saying that other matters discovered during that investigation were cause for concern for the future direction of the program.

Arizona has made massive facility improvements. They basically cleared out an end zone, and constructed one of the most beautiful facilities in the country. Then a couple years into the overhaul they’re still not competing for a title.

They stated the programs is not going in the direction they hoped for and his infidelity, period. All FBS coaches have moral comments in their contract that basically gives the university to decide what is immoral or not.

Facility improvements are a good thing, however, do not determine level of competitiveness on the field in most cases.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1134227-the-top-10-worst-practice-facilities-in-college-football

"1. UCLA Bruins
10 OF 10

1. For a Pac-12 school located in one of the biggest cities in the United States, UCLA leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to facilities.

The Bruins play their home games at the Rose Bowl, but that is 30 minutes away from campus.

They have a sub par practice field, and with the amount of resources a school like UCLA should have, more is expected from a large school like this.

If that happens, there may be more success on the football field."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT