ADVERTISEMENT

Shameful

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
There have been many terrible performances by UTEP over the years. However, this may be the worst ive seen. Absolutely no excuse to be blown off your homefield by Army. Had our ass handed in every phase of the game. This is an unmitigated disaster. The seven game game hone schedule will be a financial disaster.
This should never happen especially in the fourth year of a coaching administration. There is no excuse for that kind of performance.I have no other words except embarrassing and unacceptable. Ive never been this pissed after a game.

Reactions: Ddp915 and allminer
As long as Stull is in charge we will be one of the worst. Us fans give and give and Stull makes excuses. Mr Stull retire and let a more competent individual with a vision and a backbone takeover. Just so you know i have stopped purchasing all season tickets.

I am going to blame everything on the staff.
I understand that the previous years we had a bad defense and virtually
no QB in the past decade. The staff thinks that by keep changing
coordinators and coaches will solve the problem. Every time we change
coaches and QB's we go back to the drawing board. We don't have the
3. 4 or 5 star players to make an impact right away.
We need to focus on a good QB and stick to him, changing QB's every
year or every other year is just going to make thinks worst.
I am tired of getting a slap in the face.

Go Miners..

I am going to blame everything on the staff.
I understand that the previous years we had a bad defense and virtually
no QB in the past decade. The staff thinks that by keep changing
coordinators and coaches will solve the problem. Every time we change
coaches and QB's we go back to the drawing board. We don't have the
3. 4 or 5 star players to make an impact right away.
We need to focus on a good QB and stick to him, changing QB's every
year or every other year is just going to make thinks worst.
I am tired of getting a slap in the face.

Go Miners..

The thing that has really disturbed me about the offense this year is the o-line. That is Kugler's calling card and they have been terrible. The last two games both tackles have been destroyed by simple speed rushes. Alot of times they arent even getting out of their stance before the ends are by them.

Second major issue is communication. Very few times this season have they been able to identify and pick up blitzes. They arent getting beat with exotic blitzes. They are getting beat by basic blitz schemes. Over 70% of the time the blitzing linebackers are getting into the backfield untouched. Until they learn to communicate and pick up blitzes its going to be a long season.

The sad truth is right now it wouldnt matter who was playing qb. Until they sure up the line play the offense will be putrid.

The thing that has really disturbed me about the offense this year is the o-line. That is Kugler's calling card and they have been terrible. The last two games both tackles have been destroyed by simple speed rushes. Alot of times they arent even getting out of their stance before the ends are by them.

Second major issue is communication. Very few times this season have they been able to identify and pick up blitzes. They arent getting beat with exotic blitzes. They are getting beat by basic blitz schemes. Over 70% of the time the blitzing linebackers are getting into the backfield untouched. Until they learn to communicate and pick up blitzes its going to be a long season.

The sad truth is right now it wouldnt matter who was playing qb. Until they sure up the line play the offense will be putrid.

I've pretty much said it's development of players. Obviously that's not happening in the manner it should. But I'm in total agreement with you. It's beyond my comprehension.

It seems like the teams is undisciplined as well. There have been a lot of penalties these first couple of weeks as well.

Reactions: AZminer
I know Army runs a rare offense but this team showed zero heart and that concerns me more than anything. They were physically run over like they were a Division 2 or 3 team. Hell I've seen Division 2 teams put up a better fight than UTEP did Saturday. UTEP lacks the discipline they need to be taken seriously. Very frustrated right now that this team seems unprepared or under prepared every week. The defense made no adjustments at halftime. This team was a complete embarrassment. I don't ever expect UTEP football to win (that's a bonus) but I thought a Kugler coached team would at least fight. No pride..........

Yes, the team does seem undisciplined like stated above. The penalty by Plinke that negated a nice run by Jones comes to mind.
The announcers on the web stream said that Army cannot have huge linemen because they would not fair well in boot camp. So how did their smaller linemen(on both sides of the ball) dominate against us?
Jones is our bread and butter on offense. We need to let him loose now that we got past Texas healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT